e before the javelin final. When Yego | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
chenwen121314 Dez 23 '19
                                      HOUSTON -- Josh Reddick never expected to hear from the Houston Astros. Cheap Jerseys 2020 .I didnt know if I was on these guys radar, the outfielder said Wednesday after finalizing a $52 million, four-year contract. It was something that came out of nowhere for me, not in a bad way. I was very excited to hear from them. Texas is something that brings me a little closer to home.Reddick, who is from Georgia, was drafted by Boston in 2006, traded to Oakland after the 2011 season and dealt to the Los Angeles Dodgers at last summers trade deadline on Aug. 1. Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said Houston and Oakland talked about a possible deal.This is going to be a winning environment for the next four years, Luhnow said, describing his pitch to Reddick. We were willing to commit to the length of the deal early. Really felt like he fit in well with the culture that were trying to build here. It spoke to him because hes seen it firsthand.Reddick, who gets $13 million in each of the next four seasons, appealed to the Astros as a free agent because he bats left-handed, won a Gold Glove and does not turn 30 until February.In eight big league seasons, Reddick has 96 homers, 346 RBI and a .255 batting average.Get to stay in the same division. Very comfortable being in this division, Reddick said. I know how things work. I know the stadiums. I know the pitching staffs. I know the hitters. So its going to make this a very easy transition for me.Minute Maid Park was considered to be hitter friendly, even before renovations this offseason moved the center field wall in from 436 feet to 409. Reddick is looking forward to hitting more home runs in Houston than he did at the Oakland Coliseum.Hopefully some of these fly balls Ive hit at the Coliseum over the last 4 1/2 years can maybe be 10 rows deep here, he said.Reddick did not want to drag out contract talks.I think it was good before the winter meetings so you didnt have to worry about all the hype, he said. Go home and for the next 2 1/2 months train and get ready. Relax a lot better knowing I have a home and a good home once it comes around to February. Jeff Sevy Jersey Online . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. Cheap Jerseys Authentic . "Were just throwing s--- at the wall hoping something sticks," said Tortorella about the possible line combinations for Fridays game against Columbus. The Canucks have lost five straight games and six of their last seven, leaving them in a logjam in the Pacific Division, currently sitting fifth - good for ninth in the Western Conference. https://www.cheapjerseysatwholesale.com/ . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. RIO DE JANEIRO -- The problems are stacking up for Kenya at the Olympics: A new doping scandal, ineligible athletes, missing plane tickets, and now bad blood between the track and field federation and the national Olympic committee.And their top athletes havent even set foot on the track in Rio de Janeiro.Athletics Kenya on Monday blamed the Kenyan Olympic committee for the travel problems that left javelin world champion Julius Yego without a plane ticket to Rio and caused other frustrated athletes, including 1,500-meter world champion Asbel Kiprop, to book their own flights and travel separately.Any confusion ... with athletes travel is solely a mistake of NOCK, AK said in a statement.The problems between the two bodies followed news on Sunday that Kenya was sending track and field team manager Michael Rotich home to face a police investigation after allegations he told undercover reporters that he could give athletes advance warning about doping tests in exchange for money.Also, Kenya was forced to withdraw its mens 4x400-meter relay team, high jumper Mathew Sawe, and 200-meter runner Carvin Nkanata from the Olympics because they werent eligible. It was discovered that the relay team and Sawe hadnt met qualifying standards, while Nkanata wasnt properly registered as Kenyan with the IOC. Nkanata travels on a U.S. passport but holds Kenyann nationality. Darryl Williams Jersey Online. NOCK has had his papers since March, reconfirmed his travel and received his accreditation or lack of it, AK said, again blaming Olympic committee officials. Why did they not cross-check his accreditation?Yego, Kenyas first world champion in a field event, initially complained about the Olympic travel schedule given to his coach, who was only booked to be in Rio de Janeiro for four days and was due to leave before the javelin final. When Yego arrived at the airport in Kenya to depart for the Olympics this weekend, he didnt have a plane ticket. He was eventually given a temporary ticket and was allowed to travel.Kenyan track and field has also been hit hard by problems in the buildup to the Rio Games, mostly related to doping. On Sunday, there was another scandal, this time involving the manager of the track team.Rotich was ordered to return home after he was trapped in a sting by reporters from Britains The Sunday Times newspaper. The paper said Rotich offered to provide the reporters, who were posing as coaches, advance warning of doping tests in return for a 10,000 pound ($13,000) bribe.---This story has been updated to correct the first name of the runner to Carvin Nkanata not Calvin. ' ' '