e Indian series. Without talking too much about it, we p | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 25 '19
MINNEAPOLIS -- Mike Priefer stepped into the head coaching role Thursday morning when Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer, recovering from his third eye operation in a calendar month, learned he would need to watch the opening game of Week 13 from his home. Air Force 1 Retro Outlet .Zimmer required surgery Wednesday night for a detached retina in his right eye. It was the third and, according to general manager Rick Spielman, most serious, operation for the Vikings coach in November.Spielman said Zimmers role going forward would be evaluated Friday.After this mornings appointment, coach Zimmer will not be coaching tonight. We felt this was the best interest of his health, Spielman said on a national conference call Thursday morning.While Zimmer will have no direct contact with the team during the game, Spielman said it wont be easy for him to not be at work. However, one of the risks of retina surgery can be blindness.He realized maybe for the first time this morning how serious this can be, Spielman said.Zimmer was at every practice this week and Spielman said the Vikings have full confidence in the coaching staff against the team with the NFLs best record -- and perhaps best runner.Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott is being hailed by many as the best running back to enter the league since Adrian Peterson.In a league where running backs have been devalued, Elliott has made Dallas decision to draft the Ohio State back fourth overall this year a wise move. Elliott leads the NFL with 1,199 yards and is second in rushing touchdowns with 11.Peterson debuted with 1,341 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns in 2007 after being the seventh pick in the draft out of Oklahoma.Peterson is on the sideline with a knee injury, but his Vikings will be the next to try and slow Elliott. Minnesota knows what its up against at home on Thursday when the Vikings (6-5) host Dallas (10-1).Well, hes one of the better backs Ive seen in quite a while, Zimmer said Tuesday. Hes really an all-purpose guy that catches the ball very well out of the backfield. Hes quick into the hole; looks like hes got great vision ... Hes special.Zimmer, the former Cowboys defensive coordinator, had plenty of accolades to shower on Dallas offense this week. He was complementary of rookie quarterback Dak Prescott, who is fourth in the league with a 108.6 quarterback rating.One reason the Cowboys have had success with two rookies playing vital roles is the offensive line.Theyre really, really good, Zimmer said. Theyre the best line Ive seen in a long time in the NFL, physical, athletic, big.Many of those same descriptions have been offered about the Vikings defense this season. Thursdays meeting is a matchup of strengths.Dallas is third in the league in scoring, averaging 28.7 points per game, and is fifth in total offense with 407.6 yards per game. Minnesotas defense has allowed the second-fewest points per game at 17.5 and is third in total defense, giving up 307 yards per game.They have great players on defense, Cowboys offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, a former Vikings offensive coordinator, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. They get a lot of people around the football. Teams that play hard and hustle and get lots of guys around the ball, good things happen for them. Weve got to be as good about our ability to get people around the football, protect the ball carriers and ultimately play aggressive football without getting loose with it.Only two teams have created more takeaways than Minnesotas 20 this season. The Vikings have 12 interceptions and eight fumble recoveries and are second in the league with a plus-12 turnover-differential.Prescott and Dallas have protected the ball, turning the ball over just seven times this season, the second-fewest in the league.That has given us a great opportunity to stay on the plus side of the ledger in turnover ratio, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett told the Star-Telegram. Typically that gives you a good chance to win. We need to take the ball away more. We havent done a good job. We havent done a good job of that the last three or four ball games.Only four teams have fewer takeaways than Dallas 10.Blessed with a keep-away offense, though, the Cowboys have won 10 games in a row and are on the verge of clinching a playoff spot. Dallas could become the first team in the NFL to clinch this weekend. The Cowboys need a win and either a Tampa Bay loss or tie, or a Washington loss.It would be great, but I think the goals for this team are bigger than that, guard Zack Martin told the teams website. Weve got five weeks left, and we know that this season really starts after Thanksgiving here, so were ready to make a push here and finish strong.Both teams play Thursday with a full weeks worth of rest after they played on Thanksgiving. Dallas held on at home for a 31-26 win against the Redskins. Minnesota lost for the fifth time in six games at Detroit in a 16-13 finale.Obviously, I think everyones a little bit frustrated right now, Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford said. For whatever reason, we just werent able to come back off the bye and play the way we have those first five games, and I think anytime you go through a stretch like weve had, people do get frustrated and its tough.Bradford showed up on Minnesotas injury report this week with an ankle injury. He was limited in practice on Monday and Tuesday but is expected to play. The line protecting Bradford is another story.Center Joe Berger missed two days of practice after leaving last weeks game with a concussion. Berger was ruled out Tuesday, meaning Nick Easton is expected to start at center. Right tackle Jeremiah Sirles (hip) also left last weeks game. He was limited in Mondays practice and a full participant on Friday. Zimmer said he expects Sirles to be all right.The Vikings cant afford any more blows to the offensive line. Minnesota has already lost starting tackles Matt Kalil and Andre Smith, along with Jake Long, who was signed to replace Kalil. Versatile backup Mike Harris has spent the season on injured reserve with an unspecified illness.Willie Beavers, who replaced Sirles in last weeks game at right tackle, became the sixth player to take snaps at tackle for the Vikings this season.Minnesota did get leading receiver Stefon Diggs back at practice this week on a limited basis after he missed last weeks game with a knee injury. As of Tuesday, he was considered questionable.Cornerback Terence Newman (neck) and punt returner Marcus Sherels (ribs) missed last week. Newman returned to full practice, but Sherels had not practiced by Tuesday.Dallas will likely be without cornerback Morris Claiborne (groin), linebacker Justin Durant (hamstring) and safety J.J. Wilcox (thigh). Safety Barry Church (forearm) has practiced on a limited basis and could return Thursday after missing four games. Air Force 1 Low Outlet . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. Air Force 1 Cheap . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. https://www.cheapairforce1outlet.com/air-force-1-white-outlet/ . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Mitchell Starcs leg wound is still open. He will require a special knee pad to be able to dive in the field. And he is more than 10 days behind where he would prefer to be in preparation for the first Test of the summer, against South Africa in Perth - the match all Cricket Australias intricate preparatory plans are meant to be geared for.Thats the challenging scenario for the man who has swiftly become Australias most valuable cricketing asset. His pace and swing are capable of unpicking the lock to a South African batting line-up that toyed with Steven Smiths team on the recent ODI tour in Starcs absence.For that reason, there is no question of Starc missing out on a match that will set the tone for the home season, and a series against opponents who will test the resolve of the hosts to perform in familiar climes after humiliations in Sri Lanka and South Africa. The training-inflicted gash to the leg that Starc is still recovering from mirrors the sense that this is an Australian side yet to take complete form after 2015s raft of retirements.Its still open, clean it every day, put a patch on it and away you go, Starc said of his left leg. Its still a little bit opened, so its probably going to take a couple of weeks [to heal]. Its not bleeding, its healing nicely. Its all clean. I think when I started bowling and running again it just sort of stretched the skin a little bit. Its not a bad thing, it needed to stretch anyway. But it probably just delayed the healing a little bit.[Without the injury] I would have obviously played a couple of Matador games and played the full Shield game as well. So Im probably - hard to say, probably a week or week-and-a-half behind where I would have liked to be. Being in a brace for four weeks - I couldnt sweat on the wound, so I couldnt run or do all of the gym sessions I wanted to do. So I was a fair bit behind at the start and tried to catch up at the end.Im still a little bit behind where I would have liked but it hasnt cost me any cricket for Australia so Im ready to go.Echoing the views of the CA chief executive James Sutherland on the need to prioritise some series above others, Starc said he would be prepared to push through pain and even a re-opening of the wound in order to bowl the kinds of spells his captain requires. That being said, it is hard to imagine Starc being used as anything other than a high-speed battering ram in three to five-over spells after the fashion of Mitchell Johnson.Im happy to bowl long spells, its going to be up to Steve, Starc said. Im prepared to play the Test match and perform any role I need to. Obviously thats initially to bowl as fast as I can and try to attack the South Africans. Its not going to be an issue for me to bowl longer spells, its just how Smithy sees my role on the day, and the conditions, the wicket and the other guys in the team.I guess in the longer sccheme of things it hasnt been that long a break. Air Force 270 Outlet. Obviously coming off two months of cricket in Sri Lanka - its not like Ive come off six months of nothing. It is a little bit behind, but I was a lot happier with how I finished the Shield game the other night after 19 overs. A couple more days of preparation this week and Ill be ready to go full tilt.While South Africas batting coach Neil McKenzie has had a bit to say about the visitors not fearing any members of the Australian line-up, Starc said he knew there would always be some trepidation among opponents about facing him. Easy for him to say that, sitting behind the desk, Starc quipped. Im happy for him to face me.Hes entitled to his opinions. Its a lot easier making comments like that when you dont have to face anything. He just throws the whanger down at his batsmen and sits back and watches. Look, well all be trying to crank it up. Ill be trying to bowl as fast as I can and Josh can still hit over 140s, Joey [Mennie] bowls a heavier ball than you think and can hurry up a lot of batsmen. He probably bowls a lot quicker than people think.Sidds is coming back into some pace as well. Weve got plenty of firepower. Just because theyve got Dale Steyn - I know hes an outstanding bowler, hes taken 400-plus Test wickets - [but] just because youve got him and [Kagiso] Rabada bowling fast it doesnt mean we dont have anyone to match that.One of the ironies of Starcs current physical impediment is that he may actually be in his best ever shape to play all six Tests, against South Africa and Pakistan, this summer. Until December last year, when he finally submitted to surgery on foot and ankle problems, Starc had suffered from ankle bone spurs. A full season is chief among his goals.Id love to play a whole summer for a change, whether it be through rotation or injury or bad form I havent managed to do that yet, Starc said. So I think I just put that on myself really, to be there for all six Tests and bowling well enough to be selected for all of those Test matches along with the one-day games this summer.I think thats part of it as well - being there for a little bit of time now with Josh. We probably take it on ourselves to - along with Pete coming back into the squad after his back - its probably important for the three of us especially to I guess lead the attack. I think we do that really well together.Theres not really one leader, we just sort of run off the back of each other and have done for a while. Wed all love to play every Test match this summer, along with the Indian series. Without talking too much about it, we probably put that on ourselves.Should Starc play six Tests, Australia will be hard to stop. This week may be the highest hurdle to that goal. ' ' '