ou or it doesnt benefits you, the biggest thing is that | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 26 '19
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree hopes hes setting himself up for a breakout second season. Cheap Bruins Jerseys .Dupree, the teams first-round draft pick in 2015, admittedly hit a wall during his rookie year, but hes working to change that this season. Not only does Dupree have a better understanding of the Steeler defense, he also dropped some weight and worked on techniques to improve his pass-rushing abilities.I just feel like Im way ahead of the curve than I was last year, Dupree said. Its just being more confident on the field.The Steelers used a rotation at outside linebacker last season between Dupree, 2013 first-round pick Jarvis Jones, Arthur Moats and 2008 Defensive Player of the Year James Harrison. Defensive coordinator Keith Butler hasnt said if the rotation will continue this season. Dupree is trying to make the decision easier.Im going to work for it, Dupree said. Im going to show them that I can be that guy on the field.Butler anticipates a significant jump from Dupree in his second season.I expect (Dupree) to be in the upper echelon of outside linebackers in the league, Butler said. Hes got work to do, but I think he can do that.Dupree has been nursing a sore groin during training camp, but he expects to be ready when the games count. Dupree focused on his conditioning in the offseason, shedding 20 pounds from his 6-foot-4 frame to weigh closer to 250 pounds now.That will help, Dupree said. I feel like I just wanted to be light for the conditioning aspect, so I can play a lot more plays. You can always keep getting in better shape from a conditioning aspect. Being heavy, I felt like I got tired more.He also worked on his pass-rushing moves. Dupree primarily relied on his speed at Kentucky where his 23.5 sacks rank second in school history. Dupree still believes speed is his best asset, but he spent time working on counter moves and improving his hands.Thats why Dupree took up boxing while training in Atlanta during the offseason.Boxing is a great way to improve hand speed, Dupree said. You always worry about hand speed and power. Its a big part of my game, so I needed that.Dupree started his rookie season strong with four sacks in his first eight games. He became the first NFL player since 2013 to record sacks in each of his first two NFL games and finished with the third-most by a Steelers rookie since LaMarr Woodley in 2007.But Dupree struggled after earning his first career start in Week 11 at Seattle. Dupree, who played in all 16 games and started five, finished the final 10 games, including the playoffs, without a sack.Dupree admitted that he felt like he hit a rookie wall. Butler saw it, too.A lot of times, if youre a rookie, at the most you play 12 or 13 games, Butler said. You never play 18 games. We played 23 games last year because we played five preseason games, so yeah, he hit a wall. But most rookies will because thats a lot of games for a young guy.Dupree expects to be better prepared his second time around.It was tough, just being in my first year, Dupree said. Now, I know what to expect.Game notes Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he was disappointed in running back LeVeon Bells three-game suspension for missing multiple drug tests, a violation of the leagues substance abuse policy. Roethlisberger, Bell and WR Antonio Brown, who were all held out of both preseason games, expressed desire to play Friday at New Orleans. . Guard Ramon Foster, the teams players union representative, suggested a work stoppage could happen when the current collective bargaining agreement expires in 2020, adding the players need to save money now. Boston Bruins Shirts . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Stitched Bruins Jerseys . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. https://www.cheapbruins.com/ . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- While the Sacramento Kings enjoy a modest two-game winning streak, the Oklahoma City Thunder are wondering what happened the past two weeks.DeMarcus Cousins had 36 points and 13 rebounds, leading the Kings to a 116-101 victory over the slumping Thunder on Wednesday night.The Kings had a 36-point third quarter and gradually pulled away in the fourth in dealing the Thunder their third straight loss and seventh in nine games. The Thunder opened the season with a 6-1 record,Weve got to be ready to play. Thats plain and simple. Figure it out, Russell Westbrook said.Going to a smaller lineup the last two games, it appears the Kings may have figured something. But theyre still making sure their All-Star center gets plenty of touches.Cousins made three 3-pointers, hit 14 of 28 shots and proved a handful for the Thunder to contain.DeMarcus is one of the best, if not the best center in the game, teammate Kosta Koufos said. He can do it all, shoot the 3, post up, put it on the floor. You name it, he can do it.Cousins received considerable help, especially in the second half from Darren Collison and Rudy Gay. Gay said he fought through a stomach virus in scoring 15 of his 17 points in the final two quarters.Collison scored 10 of his season-high 21 points in the fourth quarter and added six assists. Both Gay and Collison connected on three 3-pointers after intermission. The Kings had 12 3-pointers in evening their home record at 4-4.I think it was just finding our spots (in the second half), Gay said. I dont know, maybe I was more aggressive. I know Darren was more aggressive, I can tell you that. We were stagnant in the first half. I felt we pushed through in the second half.Westbrook nearly had his sixth triple-double of the season, getting 31 points, 11 rebounds and nine assists. Victor Oladipo made three 3-pointers and scored 18 points.Its not necessarily one player. We just got to keep working, Thunder coach Billy Donovan said. I thinkk we got a great group of guys in the locker room that are trying and working. Bruins Jerseys 2019. We just got to continually understand the importance of a lot of the little things in the course of 48 minutes.Koufos led the productive Sacramento reserves with nine points and 10 rebounds. Ben McLemore scored all nine of his points during a productive first-half stretch and Ty Lawson added eight and four assists.I thought our bench in the first half was fantastic, Kings coach Dave Joerger said. They picked up the pace, the ball was moving, slinging around the floor. Its fun to play (like that.)Cousins scored on a variety of shots in the third quarter and had 13 points in helping Sacramento build its lead to 87-65 heading into the fourth.TIP-INSThunder: Westbrook made all 11 of 12 free throws and had 20 points in the opening half. ... The Thunder are 2-4 on the road. .. Oklahoma City committed only nine turnovers, but shot 42 percent.Kings: The Kings went to Cousins early and he responded with 16 first-quarter points. .. Gay, the Kings second-leading scorer, didnt have a basket until making a 3-pointer early in the third quarter.RAPTORS PROTEST KINGS VICTORYThe Toronto Raptors filed a protest with the league office regarding a controversial 3-point shot that was disallowed following a video replay in Sundays loss to the Kings. The shot by Terrance Ross would have sent the game into overtime.Ive been through it before. There are advantages and disadvantages of the replay system, Joerger said. But at the end of the day what its there for is to get it right. You can argue one side or the other, but whatever side youre on, whether it benefits you or it doesnt benefits you, the biggest thing is that our league can get it right.UP NEXTThunder: Conclude three-game road trip Friday at Denver.Kings: Host James Harden-led Houston on Friday. ' ' '