savvy when it comes to various shafts, lengths and weights. He knows exactly what he is playing with and | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 26 '19
EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Wesley Johnson Jersey .J. -- Odell Beckham Jr. and Josh Norman believe they are being picked on.Not by each other, but by the NFL.No more infamy was the NFLs message to Beckham and Norman. Before Sundays game between the Giants and Redskins, referee John Hussey and field judge Rick Patterson delivered explicit instructions on how they expected New Yorks star receiver and Washingtons All-Pro cornerback to behave.Beckham didnt appreciate the special treatment, nor did he think it was necessary. Ditto for Norman.They implemented a new rule this year. Its basically the Odell Beckham Jr. rule, Beckham said. I had three personal fouls last year, so they said if you come out and get one personal foul and another one for the same thing (you are ejected). Today, they came up before the game and said, if you do anything, were throwing you out of the game. That was before the game.There was no, you get a warning. There was not any of that. You just have to be on your best behavior. Unfortunately, thats what its come to. Its not really football anymore as much as it is all the other things that play into it.Norman was just as annoyed by the pregame treatment.They pulled me off to the side and said, We are not going to make a mockery of the game, Norman said. I dont know if that was from the top, or (Hussey) saying that directly to me.Wow. What am I doing? Im just playing a sport that God has blessed us with and being as physical as I can be within the rules and the confines of what they ask us to do. That (mockery) was a big word. I kind of felt bad.At the same time, I appreciate the officials. They really did a good job of controlling the game. It didnt get out of hand.Not like it did in December, but it had its moments.In that previous Beckham-Norman affair, while Norman was establishing himself as a premier coverage guy with Carolina, Beckham committed three personal fouls. There were plenty of nasty words aimed at each other, too, and some excuses for the near-brawling.Beckham subsequently was suspended for a game, and when Norman signed as a free agent with Washington, it meant two meetings per season for the foes.Beckham insists any feud is vastly overblown.Its never been an issue, he said. Its been something thats been made up by all of this, in a sense. All I care about is football, and Im sure its the same for him.Were just two fierce competitors, thats all it is.On that score, Norman agreed.We got it in us. We are fighters, fighters to the end, he said. Scrapping ... real gritty, all the way down to the bone and gristle. Fight, fight, fight.This first face-to-face matchup as division rivals saw Beckham make seven receptions for 121 yards. He spiced up his performance with some sideline antics in an intense fourth quarter.Incensed at one point by the Giants inability to score, he swung his helmet at the kicking net. The net didnt appreciate it and hit Beckham in the head.He said he didnt remember doing it.The biggest news either player made on the field was Beckhams 200th career catch, the quickest ever (30 games).Until late in the game, Beckham was a minor factor while handled, mostly in press coverage, by Norman. They did bump on the first snap from scrimmage, a running play on which Beckham wasnt required to do much as a blocker. It was nondescript contact.From there, it didnt get particularly physical for three quarters. No spearing by Beckham while Norman was on the ground. No flailing away with the arms in coverage. Not much trash talk, either.It couldnt last.Norman got a key 15-yard penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver 11 seconds into the fourth quarter. But it was rookie Sterling Shepard, who Norman left Beckham to challenge on a pass over the middle.Then Beckham burned a zone for 12 yards before making a brilliant curl away from Norman on a short pass that initially got the Giants inside the Washington 10. But it was negated by a taunting call -- not against Beckham, but Giants center Weston Richburg, who was ejected for his second such foul of the game.How ironic.Beckham threw everything into New Yorks last scoring drive, making three receptions for 34 yards, twice while covered by Norman. He also had a drop, and the Giants settled for Josh Browns field goal and a 27-26 lead they couldnt hold.His biggest error came on the final drive when Beckham was called for setting an illegal pick on Norman. Two plays later, Washington rookie Sua Cravens finished off New York with an interception.All this stuff in between, that was show, Norman said, a huge smile creasing his face. At the end of the day, a `W is all that matters. Im gonna be on this high for a while.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFLTerrell Brandon Jersey . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Jonny Flynn Jersey . -- Former San Diego Chargers safety Paul Oliver was found dead at his Atlanta-area home Tuesday night, and a medical examiner said Wednesday that the ex-player committed suicide. https:///...ey-timberwolves.html .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. NASSAU, Bahamas -- The results will be analyzed and scrutinized, along with his swing, his short game and his putting. But its no stretch to suggest that perhaps the biggest takeaway for Tiger Woods this week will be his ability to play four rounds of golf without physical issues.Woods is unlikely to contend at the Hero World Challenge this week, and he might finish well back in the pack of 18 players. But a week of good health is another form of victory.Now ranked 898th in the world -- everyone else in the field is 38th or better -- Woods makes his long-anticipated return to competitive golf after a 15-month, injury-induced layoff.He was back on the course Monday at Albany Golf Club for a practice round that included former major league baseball players Derek Jeter and Tino Martinez along with Olympic gold medalist Justin Rose.The nine-hole practice round followed a lengthy warm-up session and was followed by more practice afterward.For Woods to have any chance of returning to a semblance of his previous form, that is what needs to be routine. Practice, play, practice. And practice some more. And be able to do it without pain, which can lead to bad habits.I was in the gym with Rosie ... the same thing, Woods said Monday after the practice round, referring to Rose taking the last seven weeks off to deal with his own back issues. Hes 36, and its the same thing. It takes him close to an hour and a half to be able to hit balls. You have to do all the work to protect yourself.Its the same deal. We miss the days of going to the first tee and hitting a 300-yard drive with a balata ball and persimmon driver. It takes time; Ive had my issues.In that regard, Monday was a good sign. Woods went at it hard Sunday during a two-plus hour practice session in which he was testing his equipment and hitting numerous shots with all his clubs. As the session progressed, Woods began hitting at the command of his caddie Joe LaCava -- cut with a driver, draw with a 3-iron, and all manner of different ball flights.It was an impressive display of what still exists in Woods arsenal. But he admitted that there is only so far he can push. While he did not say he is on any kind of ball count related to practice, he acknowledged that hes been warned by his medical team to learn the danger signs of overextending.All of that, he said, is what hass led to such a lengthy delay in his return. Isaiah Rider Jersey. Prior to Sunday and Monday, the last time I was able to witness Woods hit balls for any extended period was in late April, when he opened Bluejack National, a course he designed near Houston.That day Woods did a clinic on the driving range and played five holes of the new course. It happened to be the first five holes of golf he had played since having two back procedures in the fall of 2015.The view at the time was that Woods looked rusty, but not bad -- that if he was planning a return, a month to six weeks down the road didnt seem unreasonable.When presented with that scenario, Woods said that was a positive day, but he still was a long way from where he needed to be.I didnt have any speed in my swing yet, said Woods, who agreed that his follow-through might have appeared forced. I was being careful. Not only the speed difference, but I hadnt played any holes yet. And I had just started the testing process.And that presents another scenario not often discussed: What equipment would he use? Woods said that clubs and balls have evolved so much in recent times that it takes plenty of time to figure out what is right.When Nike Golf announced in August that it was getting out of the business of manufacturing golf clubs and balls, it meant Woods would have to look for new equipment. And there was no shortage of products to sample as his office in South Florida filled with golf clubs.This is just one company, Woods said Sunday when testing the TaylorMade driver and woods along with the Bridgestone golf ball he said he will use this week. Each company has at least five or six different golf balls. There are different shafts, heads. Different launch angles. Back then, I wasnt in golf shape yet. I got tired hitting golf balls after 20 or 30 minutes.And then it becomes a law of diminishing returns. Its such a different deal.Woods has always been an equipment geek. He is very savvy when it comes to various shafts, lengths and weights. He knows exactly what he is playing with and can notice the slightest difference.Working out those details has been just another aspect to his comeback, but it also shows how seriously he has been taking it. ' ' '