id not practice on Thursday. ... Shazier was limited w | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 26 '19
NEW YORK -- Travis Hamonic got New York off to a fast start, and then Brock Nelson and Shane Prince helped the Islanders pull away in the third period for a big win. Yeezy 700 Hospital Blue Online .Prince and Nelson each had a goal and an assist, and Casey Cizikas and Josh Bailey also scored to help New York beat the Toronto Maple Leafs 5-1 Sunday night to snap a two-game skid.Hamonic put the Islanders ahead just 1:01 into the game, and Prince and Nelson scored 2:39 apart in the third after the Maple Leafs had pulled within one.We had a real good start, Prince said. We laid back a little bit there end of the first, into the second.Thomas Greiss stopped 33 shots, and Nikolay Kulemin, Nick Leddy and Dennis Seidenberg each had two assists for New York.Greiss has been playing really well all year for us, Prince said. He made some big saves for us. He kept us in it. He just held off long enough for us to get a couple of insurance goals.Jake Gardiner scored for the Maple Leafs and Jhonas Enroth finished with 30 saves. Toronto lost its second straight overall and sixth in a row on the road (0-3-3).Its not the goal scoring. Its the goals you give up, Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said.After Gardiner scored 50 seconds into the third to pull the Maple Leafs to 2-1, Prince and Nelson scored 2:39 apart to stretch New Yorks lead to three.Prince was the beneficiary of a fortunate carom of the puck off the boards to give the Islanders a 3-1 lead. Enroth misjudged the puck leaving Prince alone in front of the net with the scoring chance.Obviously a good bounce. I am just trying to skate hard, said Prince, who scored in his second straight game after missing the previous five with a lower-body injury. When you are moving your feet and playing well, good things happen.Prince then forced a turnover and had the primary assist on Nelsons goal. Seidenberg had assists on both goals.We have been in so many tight games all season. Getting that cushion helps, Islanders defenseman Thomas Hickey said. I think there is a level of comfort you can get to when you have a lead. Its not always the right comfort but we really havent had a lead like that this year.Bailey capped the scoring in the final minute.The Islanders honored former fan-favorite Matt Martin with a video tribute during a stoppage in the opening period. It was the first time Martin played against them since signing a four-year, $10 million deal with Toronto in the offseason. Martin played the first 438 games of his career with New York, and is 34th on the franchises games played list.It was a little odd. You see him on the other side in a different uniform, Cal Clutterbuck said. But then when the game starts you dont really think about it too much.Hamonics opening goal was the eighth in the last five games for New York defensemen, who have nine goals and 10 assists on the season.Cizikas got his first of the season, burying a rebound of Clutterbucks shot at 7:22 of the first to make it 2-0. Kulemin, who replaced Martin on the Islanders fourth line, had assists on each of the first two goals.Toronto rookie sensation Auston Matthews, the top pick in the 2016 NHL draft, registered four shots in his first career appearance against the Islanders.Martin and Andrew Ladd got into a skirmish near the end of the second period. Ladd, who signed a seven-year $38.5 million contract with the Islanders in the offseason, has just one assist in nine games.Game notes Jaroslav Halak backed up Greiss after he was reportedly put on the trade block. Halaks agent, Allan Walsh, voiced his displeasure on Twitter on Friday. ... The Islanders wore purple jerseys during warmups as part of the NHL Hockey Fights Cancer campaign. ... The Islanders scratched C Mathew Barzal, G Jean-Francois Berube and RW Alan Quine. ... Gardiner scored his first goal of the regular season and is three assists shy of 100 for his career. ... Toronto scratched D Matt Hunwick (lower body), D Frank Corrando and C Peter Holland.UP NEXTMaple Leafs: Host Edmonton on Tuesday night in the first NHL matchup between Matthews and the Oilers Connor McDavid -- the last two No. 1 draft picks.Islanders: Host Tampa Bay on Tuesday night in the teams first meeting since the Lightning eliminated the Islanders in the Eastern Conference semifinals last spring. Fake Yeezy 700 Inertia . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. Wholesale Yeezy . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. http://www.yeezy700outlet.com/discount-yeezy-350-online.html . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger understands the irony in suggesting the Pittsburgh Steeler practices might be too rough. The $20 million franchise quarterback, after all, is off limits.Still, a quick scan down his teams crowded injury list left him wondering if its time for the coaching staff to ease up just a little bit.I will stand up for the guys up front and running backs, guys who take a pounding every day during a long season, Roethlisberger said. The season is super long as it is and very physical. And when youre doing it over and over and the guys shoulders are getting sore, knees start getting sore, and hips and hamstrings and quads and things, and then, they re-occur, you have to take a look at maybe what youre doing.Five weeks into the season, the Steelers already have seen a series of bold-faced names miss time, including right tackle Marcus Gilbert and guard Ramon Foster, the guys who are in charge of keeping Roethlisbergers jersey clean when it counts. Defensive end Cameron Heyward will miss the first game in his career on Sunday when Pittsburgh (4-1) visits Miami (1-4). Linebacker Ryan Shazier and his sprained MCL are out for a third straight week, and Markus Wheatons shoulder continues to bother him.While Roethlisberger allows that coach Mike Tomlin has to walk a fine line about the tenor of practice, hes also wary of the possible toll it could take over the long term.You see those pads on top of lockers being worn all year long, he said. Like I said, for me, I cant complain too much because Im not the one getting hit. But, I will stand up for the big boys.Its a gesture center Maurkice Pouncey appreciates, even if hes not completely sure where he stands. Pouncey stressed, Im following Ben, baby, but also understands he gets paid a lot of money to do what the coaching staff asks.Im a lineman, he said. I go get it every day and I eat afterward. But nah, its cool. Weve got a physical camp man and its paying off now.In reality, practices are as gentle as theyve ever been. The collective bargaining agreement signed in 2011 outlawed two-a-days during training camp and limits teams to one fully padded practice over the seasons first 11 weeks and three over the final six. Thats in contrast to early in Tomlins tenure.Our first year we were hitting every day, said cornerback William Gay, a rookie when Tomlin took over in 20007. Cheap Yeezy 700 Teal Blue. You cant get no more than that.The Steelers like to thud up on Wednesdays, meaning defenders will wrap up ball carriers but dont take the hit all the way to the ground. On Fridays, the first-team offense faces the first-team defense in the seven shots drill from the 2, whichever side getting to four stops or four conversions first claiming bragging rights for the week. And it gets pretty heated. Thats kind of the point.Its a very competitive thing, defensive coordinator Keith Butler said. We talk a lot of mess.What they dont talk about, at least not in public, is easing up. Tomlins training camps can be a six-week battle of attrition, particularly this summer when he tried to help toughen up a defense that finished 30th in yards allowed. The early returns are mixed. Pittsburgh is 25th in yards but ninth in points in large part because of better play in the red zone. Tackling is a vital part of that equation, one that needs to be practiced to be perfected.You cant get in shape hitting until you hit, Butler said. When you stress muscles for the first time in trying to hit early in games and preseason, early in the season sometimes and you havent hit then, sometimes youll have injuries.Heywards tweaked hamstring had nothing to do with getting overworked in practice and everything with landing awkwardly in the second quarter last Sunday against the New York Jets. He understands Roethlisbergers role as a captain speaking up for the benefit of the team. He also understands that hitting is a necessary part of the game and with that comes inherent risk.We dont even get that much in as it is, Heyward said. You want that hardening so when you get down the road, you want to use that as an asset.Roethlisbergers words might not have fallen on deaf ears. On Thursday, the Steelers wrapped up practice five minutes early, a rarity.Game notes WR Sammie Coates (finger), Gilbert, Heyward, Shazier, Wheaton, C Cody Wallace (knee) and S Shamarko Thomas (groin) did not practice on Thursday. ... Shazier was limited while CB Justin Gilbert (knee), S Robert Golden (hamstring), RB Roosevelt Nix (back) and WR Eli Rogers (toe) were full participants.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '