tarter later. ... Right-hander Kyle Drabek star | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 27 '19
CHICAGO -- Chicago White Sox slugger Jose Abreu hit another home run Thursday. Air Max 90 Sale . And not just any homer.Abreu continued his second-half surge with two more hits and Carlos Sanchez drove in the winning run in the ninth inning in the White Soxs 2-1 victory over the Cleveland Indians.Before the game, Abreu met with a young cancer patient and said he would try to hit a home run for the boy. He lived up to the promise on his second at-bat, a blast over the left-field fence that tied it.You feel for the people, Abreu said through an interpreter. It was very emotional for me, too, because if I couldnt hit the homer, I would feel bad because I couldnt accomplish what I promised to him. This is something I feel proud of, because these are the moments that you make people feel happy.Abreu needs six homers and five RBI to join Albert Pujols as only major leaguers with 30 homers and 100 RBI in each of their first three seasons.Hes getting close, manager Robin Ventura said. He started out a bit slow, but when you look at the end of the year, hes probably going to have numbers that are as impressive as anybodys the league.After Omar Narvaez led off the ninth with a single off reliever Bryan Shaw (2-5), pinch-runner Leury Garcia stole second while Avisail Garcia struck out. Sanchez followed with a bloop single to right-center.Reliever David Robertson (5-3) pitched a scoreless inning to earn the victory.Cleveland threatened in the ninth, when the shadows around home plate made it more difficult to hit. Pinch-hitter Francisco Lindor and Coco Crisp struck out to strand the lead run at third.You could see it coming, Indians manager Terry Francona said. Youre hoping you get a lead before that. We had a good chance. ... Its hard enough to hit without being able to only see half the ball.In his most effective start since late July, Chicago starter James Shields gave up one run on three hits and three walks in six innings but remained winless in his last nine starts. He was 0-5 with a 10.75 earned-run average in his previous eight appearances.After a rocky third, Shields mowed down nine consecutive batters before Carlos Santana reached on an infield hit in the sixth.The White Sox took three of four games in the series to conclude a 6-4 homestead against three playoff hopefuls. The first-place Indians remained six games ahead of the Detroit Tigers in the AL Central.Winning the series against the Indians, especially how theyve been playing at the end of the year, is real nice, Shields said.Cleveland counterpart Mike Clevinger retired seven batters in a row before Abreu took him deep in the fourth. That was the lone run off Clevinger, who allowed three hits and one walk in four innings.Shields labored through a 33-pitch third but avoided major damage. The Indians scored only on Jose Ramirezs sacrifice fly despite a single, three walks and two wild pitches.Clevinger encountered trouble in the first, but retired Narvaez on a pop out with the bases loaded.RIGHT STUFFGarcia has a .341 batting average in his last 11 games and five home runs and 16 RBI in his last 28. The hot streak coincided with his move from designated hitter to right field.His swings are better, Ventura said. Whether it was playing the outfield or not, there could be a correlation to that. But I think its more (about) his mechanics and just the timing that he has right now.ON HOLDLindor remained 22 hits short of 200 this season. Since 1996, Michael Brantley (2013) is the only Indians player to achieve the feat.TRAINERS ROOMIndians: C Yan Gomes could be activated and start on Friday pending the test results on his right wrist. He was struck by a pitch Wednesday in a rehab assignment with Double-A Akron. He has been on the disabled list since July 18 because of a dislocated right shoulder. ... OF Lonnie Chisenhall (abdominal discomfort) was a late scratch. Crisp replaced him.White Sox: INF/DH Justin Morneau (neck stiffness) sat out a third consecutive game as a precautionary measure.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Corey Kluber (16-9, 3.05) will bid for his third win in as many starts against the Tigers this season on Friday. Rookie RHP Michael Fulmer (10-6, 2.76) is scheduled to start for the visitors.White Sox: LHP Chris Sale (15-8, 3.03) will take the ball in the opener of a weekend series in Kansas City on Friday night. The Royals will counter with RHP Ian Kennedy (11-9, 3.62). Air Jordan 17 Sale . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. Nike Shox Sale . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. https://www.wholesaleshoesforcheap.com/nike-city-loop-sale/ .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a long-term deal. The designation was released Monday after the deadline passed for NFL teams to use franchise or transition tags on players becoming free agents. TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays have won 10 straight games for the first time in almost five years and are over the .500 mark for the first time this season. Theyre also playing with emotion and arent afraid to show it. Jose Bautista hit a two-run homer to break an eighth-inning tie as Toronto (37-36) defeated the Baltimore Orioles 4-2 on Saturday afternoon at Rogers Centre. The Blue Jays slugger went deep off Darren ODay and gave the reliever a mouthful after he rounded third base on his home run trot. "I told him just to keep talking like he was yesterday," Bautista said. "He kind of ran his mouth a little bit after he struck me out. I dont know where that came from but I didnt appreciate it. "I let him know that yesterday and thats a little reminder today that I didnt appreciate it." Bautista said he was caught off guard when ODay appeared to be chirping at him on Friday in a game the Blue Jays came back to win in walk-off fashion. ODay wasnt available for comment after Saturdays game. The Toronto slugger said hes not aware of any history between them. "I dont have a problem when pitchers celebrate getting a big out in a big inning," Bautista said. "But when youre staring at me yelling stuff and I cant really hear what youre saying, it upset me a little bit." With Rajai Davis on first base, Bautista worked a full count before turning on a pitch that snaked around the left-field foul pole and barely cleared the fence. "Darren is a competitor, he likes to compete in those situations," said Orioles manager Buck Showalter. "Sometimes he wins, sometimes Bautista wins. Youve got two great talented athletes competing out there and they both take it personally." Maicer Izturis also homered for Toronto and Chien-Ming Wang had his second straight quality start. Reliever Darren Oliver (3-1) pitched one inning for the win and closer Casey Janssen worked the ninth for his 17th save. The victory moved the Blue Jays into a virtual tie with Tampa Bay for fourth place in the American League East. The Rays dropped a 7-5 decision to the New York Yankees. Toronto can sweep Baltimore (42-33) with a victory on Sunday afternoon. The Blue Jays last won 11 games in a row in the 1998 season. Wang and Orioles starter Miguel Gonzalez (5-3) were both in form. Wang allowed five hits and has now gone 16 2/3 innings without giving up an earned run. Toronto starters have surrendered two earned runs or less in eight of the last nine games. "It all goes back to the way our starting pitching has been going," said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. "Theyve been giving us a chance every night and we have a dangerous offence." The Blue Jays picked their spots on Saturday, managing only four hits on the day. Toronto scratched out a run in the first inning when Melky Cabrera led off with a walk and moved to third on an Adam Lind single. Gonzalez threw a wild pitch that alloweed Cabrera to score. Air Max2 Sale. Cabrera saved a run in the next frame with a strong defensive effort. With two outs and Chris Davis on third base, Travis Ishikawa hit a flare to shallow left field. Cabrera -- who has had hamstring problems this season -- showed some nice range by making a nice running catch. Wang showed off his defensive skills in the third, using his quick reflexes to snag a liner and then doubling off Ryan Flaherty at first base. Nate McLouth followed with a slicing drive to deep left that Cabrera tracked down at the warning track. Baltimore tied the game at one with an unearned run in the fifth but Toronto restored its lead in a hurry. Izturis led off the bottom of the inning by smacking the first pitch from Gonzalez over the wall in right field for his fifth homer of the season. Wang, making his third start for Toronto after opting out of his minor-league deal with the Yankees, needed only five pitches to get through the sixth as the Orioles hit three straight ground-ball outs. The highlight play came from first baseman Edwin Encarnacion, who made a great diving stab to deny Manny Machado a hit. The boisterous crowd of 43,261 gave Wang a standing ovation after he recorded the first out in the seventh inning. "He shut down a good hitting team," Gibbons said. "I know he feels good, hes a part of it now. Hes given us a big boost, thats for sure." Aaron Loup came on in relief and hit Davis with a pitch. Loup was promptly replaced by Neil Wagner, who threw a wild pitch to Hardy that allowed Davis to move to second base. Davis moved to third on a groundout by Hardy but Wagner got Ishikawa to fly out to end the inning. Taylor Teagarden made it a 2-2 game in the eighth inning when he hit a solo homer off Oliver. McLouth reached on an infield single but was caught stealing and Machado fanned for the third out. Munenori Kawasaki reached on a one-out single in the bottom half of the frame and was forced out at second when Davis hit into a fielders choice. Bautista followed with his 16th homer of the season. "Were a resilient group, we dont give up," Bautista said. "We play hard every day, all nine innings. We might not get the result that we want every single day but lately we have. "So its been a great run and hopefully it can continue." Notes: Teagardens homer was his second of the season. It ended the Toronto bullpens streak of 27 1/3 scoreless innings. ... Bautistas next home run will be the 200th of his big-league career. ... Lind went 1 for 2 to improve his batting average to .340. ... The Orioles had seven hits in the game, which took two hours 35 minutes to play. ... Josh Johnson (0-2) is scheduled to start the series finale for the Blue Jays. The Orioles were to announce their starter later. ... Right-hander Kyle Drabek started a rehabilitation assignment with Class-A Dunedin on Saturday. He underwent Tommy John surgery a year ago. ' ' '