ost of the players are fighting for a spot in the British Open in two weeks at Royal Troon in Scotland. Bost of the players are fighting for a spot in the British Open in two weeks at Royal Troon in Scotland. B | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Dez 28 '19
He taught him everything he knows two decades ago, and Danny Vukovic is confident goalkeeping supremo John Crawley will lift him back to his best at Sydney FC. Nelson Briles .Vukovic says he owes much of his A-League longevity to the steadying influence of his first mentor Crawley, who coached him at Sydneys Westfield Sports High.As he did with Socceroos gloveman Mat Ryan, Crawley taught the then 12-year-old student his South American-inspired brand of keeping learnt while playing in Chile.The style, set apart by agile movement and good distribution, helped a 20-year-old Vukovic thrive when Crawley and then-Central Coast coach Lawrie McKinna gave him his first A-League opportunity at the MarinersNow the pair are reunited at Sydney where Vukovic, 31, and his wife have moved to be closer to family as his young son Harley waits for a life-saving liver transplant.While here, hes vying to regain the form he feels slipped at Melbourne Victory last season on the way to losing his first-choice spot to Lawrence Thomas.John is my mentor, hes basically taught me everything I know as a goalkeeper, Vukovic told AAP.To have a form slump last year, I just felt it was a great time to get back with him.Hes got a unique style of goalkeeping that really resonates with me.Over the years I havent been with him I maybe went away from it a little bit.Its comforting knowing Ive got him there now, and I feel as though he can get me back to my best.Another factor driving him is the stiff competition with incumbent custodian Vedran Janjetovic for the No.1 spot.Vukovic has played every FFA Cup match in the Sky Blues semi-final run, clocking valuable competitive minutes in readiness for the A-League season.With a beauty of a Sydney derby up first at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night, both he and Janjetovic have their heads down hoping to get the green light from coach Graham Arnold.Its a good thing for the club to have two keepers that have shown in the past were capable of playing at this level, Vukovic said.We dont know whos playing on Saturday but were both preparing as if we are.If he plays Ill support him and I know hell support me if I play. Bruce Sutter . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1. Junior Fernandez . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. http:///...rsey-large-931q.html . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. AKRON, Ohio -- Jason Day hit only three fairways and still managed a 1-under 69 to share the lead Saturday with Scott Piercy at the Bridgestone Invitational.Day hoped to try to expand his one-shot lead at Firestone. Instead, he goes into the final round of this World Golf Championship in a tie with Piercy, who had a 67 and is coming off a runner-up finish in the U.S. Open.Day and Piercy were at 5-under 205.Seven players were separated by just three shots going into the final round. That includes U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson, who had a 66 and was only three shots behind.Jordan Spieth also was in the mix until a triple bogey on the 16th hole sent him to a 71. He was five shots back.LPGA PORTLAND CLASSICPORTLAND, Ore. -- Defending champion Brooke Henderson continued her mastery of Columbia Edgewater Country Club, shooting a 70 to take a two-stroke lead after three rounds of the Cambia Portland Classic.The 18-year-old Canadian, who claimed her first LPGA Tour win a year ago in Portland, was at 13-under 203 heading into Sundays final round. Henderson leads Colombias Mariajo Uribe, who is 11-under after a 71.Henderson, who three weeks ago won the Womens PGA Championship, has shared or held the outright Portland lead the past six rounds. Henderson was aiming to become the first back-to-back Portland winner since Annika Sorenstam in 2002-03.Uribe was looking for her first LPGA Tour win. In her sixth year on tour, Uribes best finish was third at the 2015 Manulife Classic.Norways Suzann Pettersen, tied for the lead with Henderson after the second round, faded to 9-under following a 74. Pettersen was the only player among the top 15 players who didnt break par Saturday. Also at 9-under was 2014 Portlaand champion Austin Ernst following a 69. Whitey Herzog. .FRENCH OPENSAINT-QUENTIN-EN-YVELINES, France -- Thongchai Jaidee of Thailand had a 3-under 68 for a two-shot lead heading into the final round of the French Open.Rory McIlroy and South Koreas Wang Jeung-hun had 1-under 70s.Jaidee played consistently with three birdies, but McIlroys third round was erratic. The four-time major winner had six birdies, three bogeys and one double bogey.Wangs round featured three bogeys and four birdies.BARRACUDA CHAMPIONSHIPRENO, Nev. -- Greg Chalmers birdied five of the final six holes to increase his lead to six points in the Barracuda Championship, the PGA Tours lone modified Stableford scoring event.The 42-year-old Australian had seven birdies and a bogey for a 15-point round and 39-point total at Montreux in the scoring system that awards eight points for double eagle, five points for eagle, two points for birdie and deducts a point for bogey and three points for double bogey or worse.Ben Martin and Gary Woodland were tied for second. Martin had eight birdies in a 16-point round, the best score of the week. Woodland had an 11-point round. He won the 2013 event for the last of his two PGA Tour titles.Chalmers, Martin and most of the players are fighting for a spot in the British Open in two weeks at Royal Troon in Scotland. Because of the West Virginia floods that led to The Greenbrier Classic being canceled next week, a spot was transferred to the leading player not already eligible at Montreux. Woodland was the only player in the top 23 who has already qualified for the Open. ' ' '