t with a win over Gustafsson in October.Jones a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 29 '19
LUBBOCK, Texas -- After shooting 61 percent from the floor in its season opener, Texas Techs offense was tepid early against North Texas. Connor Murphy Jersey .On the strength of Zach Smiths double-double (11 points and 11 rebounds) and an advantage in points off turnovers, the Red Raiders defeated the Mean Green 70-43 on Tuesday night.I think (Texas Tech coach Chris Beard) has been pushing me all week and all offseason to crash every time, Smith said. And it worked out for me tonight.Aaron Ross had 13 points and graduate transfer Anthony Livingston added nine points and seven rebounds for Texas Tech (2-0). The Red Raiders outscored North Texas 24-2 in points off turnovers -- North Texas committed 16 turnovers while Texas Tech had seven.Ross has such a diverse game, Beard said. He can do so many different things. In our zone offense, Im comfortable with him on the perimeter or inside. Defensively, he can guard four positions. My thing with Ross is, `How good do you want to be?Deckie Johnson led the Mean Green (1-1) with 13 points. A.J. Lawson finished with 10 points and Jeremy Combs added nine points.I think theyre an NCAA Tournament team, North Texas head coach Tony Benford said of Texas Tech. I think theyre really deep. Well-coached. Balanced. With their depth, they can wear you down. They turned us over a lot early.The Red Raiders outrebounded North Texas 46-37.We couldnt score, Benford said. You got to score. You got to get stops. At the end of the day, you got to score some points. We didnt score enough of them early on.BIG PICTURENorth Texas: The Mean Green did not lead Tuesday and fell to 1-7 all-time against Texas Tech. They have one more Power Five conference opponent this season when they visit Rutgers on Nov. 23.Texas Tech: Under first year head coach Chris Beard, the Red Raiders count versatility and depth among their strengths. Five Texas Tech players are first-year transfers, three of which are graduate students. Against North Texas, 10 players scored.Doing repetitions on certain plays or certain transition plays, Texas Techs Justin Gray said. I think every game and every single practice that weve had, our chemistry has gotten a lot stronger.BACK TO LUBBOCKBenford was a four-year letter winner for the Red Raiders from 1983-86. Benford was a part of Texas Techs 1986 Southwest Conference title team and earned tournament MVP honors.As a young coach, (Benford) went out of his way to be nice to me in my career, Beard said. I think he might have been an assistant at New Mexico when I was a young junior college coach. Hes just a first class guy. Red Raiders support Red Raiders.STAT OF THE NIGHTTexas Tech outscored North Texas in the paint 36-16.UP NEXTNorth Texas returns home to host Drexel on Saturday. The Mean Green face teams from five states this month: Texas, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.Texas Tech has one more game -- Saturday at home against Eastern Kentucky -- before traveling to Mexico for the Cancun Challenge. At the tournament, it will face Auburn and then Purdue or Utah State. Conor Garland Jersey . After a lengthy wait, persistent rain finally forced the postponement of the Nationals game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. The teams, and a few thousand fans, waited nearly four hours from the 7:05 scheduled start time before an announcement was made shortly before 11 p. Clayton Keller Jersey .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon. https://www.cheapcoyotes.com/ . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. LOS ANGELES -- Jon Jones is unhappy with the Nevada Athletic Commissions decision to assign referee John McCarthy to his light heavyweight title bout against Daniel Cormier next month at UFC 200.I would prefer any other referee but him, Jones said Tuesday.Jones and Cormier will meet in the main event of UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas, continuing their lengthy rivalry. Jones is hoping to reclaim the 205-pound belt that was stripped from him last year after his involvement in a hit-and-run accident.Jones manager contacted the Nevada commission last week to register their camps displeasure with the assignment of McCarthy, a veteran official who has presided over countless big fights. The Nevada commission determined Jones complaint wasnt substantive enough to change the assignment.Jones (22-1) declined to be precise about the reasons for his objection to McCarthy, but left little doubt he is still bothered by the athletic commissions choice for the third man in the cage.Its been a mixture of many things throughout the years, Jones said. Just the energy. I dont feel like we have the best energy, and its been an accumulation of some things that was happening during some fights and just our personal interactions.McCarthy refereed Jones title defenses against Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort and Alexander Gustafsson. Jones repeatedly has said his narrow victory over Gustafsson was the toughest fight of his career, not his victory over Cormier (17-1) in Januaryy 2015. Niklas Hjalmarsson Jersey. .Jones realizes his objection to McCarthy likely will have no impact, but he remains disappointed.For me, this is my life, Jones said. This is my story. This is my legacy. This is everything to me, and if I dont agree with his energy that he brings to the fight, if I was him, I wouldnt want to be a part of it. Im not going to go so far as to say, `Youre not welcome, but why would you even want to be a part of someones big night that doesnt want you in there with them? I would respect that and say, `Ill back out of this one. I dont need to be in this fight if they dont want me.I dont feel as if weve had the best interactions over the years, and I would just really hope hes not the referee.Jones made eight title defenses in a 3 1/2-year span while becoming the fighter widely considered to be the worlds best mixed martial artist. But he was stripped of his belt last year after the latest in a string of behavioral problems.Cormier lost a clear decision to Jones in their first meeting, but claimed the vacant belt four months later by beating Anthony Johnson. Cormier defended the belt with a win over Gustafsson in October.Jones and Cormier were scheduled to meet in April, but Cormier pulled out with a foot injury. Jones beat late replacement Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, winning his first fight in 15 months. ' ' '