not take it for granted, Nick Collison said. It is pretty | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 30 '19
The top-ranked defensive end in the country is staying home. Wayne Babych Jersey .Robert Beal, the No. 5-ranked prospect in the 2017 ESPN 300, committed to the Georgia Bulldogs over Alabama, Florida State, Notre Dame and Texas on Tuesday morning.Im just a homegrown guy, Beal said. I love my home, I love my state and I want to help bring a national championship back to Georgia.Beal, an Under Armour All-America Game selection from Norcross, Georgia, originally committed to childhood favorite Notre Dame in November 2015 before decommitting in February.While Alabama was considered the favorite in the months after Beals decommitment, Georgia coach Kirby Smart built a relationship with him that made the difference.Its been great ever since he has been at Georgia, Beal said. You know, he has been on me, and we talk all the time. Its not really recruiting we talk about all the time, I just keep him updated on everything with me. Hes different from everybody else because we dont talk recruiting much.Beals commitment marks just the second time in the past five years that the top-ranked prospect in the Peach State has picked the Bulldogs. Trent Thompson picked Georgia in 2015. Eight of the states top 21 prospects are headed to Athens with a number of others still in play.Georgia previously had the No. 6-ranked recruiting class. The Bulldogs now have eight ESPN 300 commitments, including two five-stars in Beal and safety Richard LeCounte,?along with No. 47-ranked William Poole III and ESPN 300 linebackers Breon Dixon and Jaden Hunter.The Bulldogs remain in the mix for a number of other ESPN 300 prospects, including five-star offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson, five-star defensive back DeAngelo Gibbs, safety JaCoby Stevens (No. 24), running back Cam Akers (No. 25), cornerback/athlete Jamyest Williams (No. 37) and offensive tackle Andrew Thomas (No. 38). Blues Jerseys China . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. Erik Johnson Jersey .  Aside from the trilogy main event title fight, there are a number of intriguing matchups in the heavyweight, welterweight and lightweight divisions. https://www.cheapblues.com/1434z-scott-stevens-jersey-blues.html . On June 12, just as the sun sets on the magnificent historical city of Sao Paulo the inventors, innovators and purveyors of “joga bonitowill” open their campaign. The opponent, Croatia and all its football might and will. As opposites do attract we are set for a corker of an opener. It was a January game last season, and the Oklahoma City Thunder led the Miami Heat by 23 points midway through the fourth quarter. Russell Westbrook, positioned where many superstar players would be near the end of blowout, was sitting on the bench.There was one problem: Westbrook was three rebounds short of a triple-double.To many watchers surprise, Westbrook popped up and walked over to check back in. He quickly grabbed his three boards, and with the Thunder up 22, they took a timeout and Westbrook sat back down, a 24th career triple-double in hand.In was obvious what had happened, and it wasnt the first time Westbrook had apparently worked for the statistical trinity. A year before, he was on a triple-double roll, but went to the bench with two minutes left in the game, one rebound shy of a triple-double.Tip? he said. Tip?From the bench, he was lobbying the official scorekeeper for an offensive rebound, and after reviewing a replay during a timeout, the scorekeeper obliged, giving him the triple-double before the buzzer sounded. Westbrook denied politicking for it after the game.This season, Westbrook is recording triple-doubles at a historic pace, notching 11 such feats in 22 games, maintaining a current streak of six, and averaging 31 points, 10.9 rebounds and 11.3 assists per game.No politicking or late-game stat-stuffing needed.As is usually the case when anything fun or cool starts happening, skeptics emerge, ready to rain on the history parade. For some, whether its by comparisons or discounting the validity of the numbers, Westbrooks near-nightly showcase inspires more questions than admiration.Is he stat-padding? Chasing rebounds? Hunting assists?Westbrook cares about winning first and foremost, but theres no doubt he pays attention to the triple-doubles. Why wouldnt he? Its an impressive achievement, and one to be proud of. Ricky Davis and Andray Blatche embarrassed themselves just trying to notch one. Westbrook racks them up at will, piling up the stats almost like he cant help it.When he does, the Thunder win. In Westbrooks 48 career triple-doubles, the Thunder are 42-6. In his 11 this season, theyre 9-2. The two losses were a two-point loss to the Orlando Magic on a buzzer-beater and an overtime loss to the Indiana Pacers.Theres also this: Via Nylon Calculus, theres evidence to suggest the Thunders best offense comes from a Westbrook defensive rebound.When Westbrook hauls in a rebound, the Thunders pace cranks up, and the team shoots a higher effective field goal percentage (55.3 percent) than when he doesnt grab the board (50.3). One of the Thunders primary struggles this season is in the half court, but they remain lethal in transition. The Thunders best path to transition is getting the ball in Westbrooks hands as quickly as possible.So Westbrook just cuts out the middle man, sometimes at the expense of his big men. But theyre in on the take.Against the Hawks on Monday, Westbrook undercut Steven Adams for a rebound, with Adams literally pulling his hands back as Westbrook snared it.No one cares. Wed rather it be him [getting the rebound], Adams said. I like it because I can actually box out my dude. Its good that he actually gets to come in and take it. I dont mind it.Both Adams and Enes Kanter have joked about needing to box out Westbrook because hess taking their rebounds. Ivan Barbashev Jersey. Those are big man stats, and Westbrook, a 6-foot-3 point guard, currently resides first on the team in boards, and ninth overall in the league. The Thunder bigs jab Westbrook about taking their rebounds in the film room, recently noting one where he ripped the ball right out of Joffrey Lauvergnes hands.As long as our team gets a rebound, it doesnt matter, Adams said. Theres just some funny ones that we kind of mock him about.Westbrook rebounding isnt some new development, though. Last season, he was only 2.2 rebounds per game away from averaging a triple-double. He has always ranked among the best in the league from the guard position, but this season, he has taken a statistical leap.What makes him a great rebounder, Billy Donovan said, besides the strength and athleticism, he is great at following the flight of the ball. He understands where its going to go and he gets his speed and quickness and athleticism off the floor and into the game because he knows where the ball is going to go.Westbrooks instincts are particularly spectacular. Like this play and this play. He flows to the rebound, and the Thunder are instantly on the attack.It makes everything faster, Andre Roberson said of Westbrook rebounding.Then theres the fact, as Donovan points out, that opposing guards dont try to rebound against the Thunder much because they fear Westbrook in transition. So that gives him free rein to attack the glass.If that was becoming a trend where guards were offensive rebounding against us, wed pay more attention to that, Donovan said. I think because of the player he is in transition, more teams are sending back three [players].Theres concern about Westbrooks ability to sustain this level of play throughout the season. Hes running a monopoly on the Thunders offense, on pace for the all-time high in usage rate (40.2 percent) while also leading the league in assist rate (54.5).Its an astonishing offensive responsibility, on top of everything else. But Donovan is unconcerned. The Westbrook way since his rookie year is to play every game, regardless of opponent, at the highest level of energy possible.I dont see him playing any differently than the way he played last year, Donovan said. Except hes better.Then theres this: Westbrooks season is a welcome respite and distraction from the events of the summer that saw the franchise turned upside down with the departure of Kevin Durant to the Golden State Warriors. The Thunder arent as good as they were, but Westbrook is still providing every reason to watch. Theyre as must-see as theyve ever been.Westbrooks individual achievement has spilled over to team success, with his teammates feeding off the triple-double run. It has given the Thunder an identity as they rally around their new solitary leader, and Westbrooks nightly commitment is showcased by the numbers he puts up.You want to always appreciate it and not take it for granted, Nick Collison said. It is pretty special. And it would be different if he was out hunting these statistics. Guys can do that. Theres a lot of guys that do that. But hes really not. Hes really just playing the game. And thats whats best about it. ' ' '