the ticket to the game and the 24 hours of nonstop | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 31 '19
SSP Chawrasia held his nerve down the final hole to win the Hero Indian Open for the first time after four times finishing as runner-up. Dario Saric Jersey . The home favourite was involved in a battle with compatriot Anirban Lahiri, the defending champion, for most of the final round but the tournament was not decided until the 72nd hole in New Delhi.Chawrasia struggled for much of Sunday, dropping shots at the sixth and 10th, and he was quickly caught by playing partner Lahiri, who got off to a flying start by carding birdies at the first three holes. But Lahiri stumbled at the ninth and he was only able to make up that dropped shot at the long 14th to get back within a shot of the leader, who had birdied the 13th to return to level-par for the round. Hero Indian Open Final round scores and positions Chawrasia scrambled well to make pars at the 15th, 16th and 17th and, with Lahiri unable to better those scores, he took a single stroke advantage on to the tee at the par-five closing hole.The 37-year-old, twice a winner of co-sanctioned European Tour events, found the fairway with his drive but hooked his second, which took a slightly fortuitous bounce into the light rough. Chawrasia made up for losing in a play-off last year to win the Indian Open Lahiri missed the green with his approach and Chawrasia produced a superb pitch to within five feet, his playing partner giving him a round of applause, such was the quality of the shot.Lahiri missed his birdie putt to hand the title to Chawrasia, who holed for birdie to make the final winning margin two shots over Lahiri and Koreas Jeunghun Wang.I was a four-time runner-up in this event and I was thinking for a very long time, I have to win this tournament, Chawrasia told Sky Sports. Thats my dream and I got it. Defending champion Anirban Lahiri had a frustrating day after starting with three successive birdies Wang produced one of the rounds of the day to move up three spots, his 68 including four birdies, but he was unable to make the most of a very lucky bounce on the last, where his second shot bounced into the fairway after appearing to be heading into the jungle.Fourth place was a tie between Brazils Adilson da Silva and Angelo Que of the Philippines, who made the biggest move on Sunday thanks to a round of 65 that included seven birdies.But it was another disappointing day for Australian Terry Pilkadaris, the halfway leader, who closed with a four-over round of 76 to finish six strokes off the pace.  Also See: WATCH: Woods Bay Hill glory WATCH: Golfers top 3s WATCH: The social media strain Bay Hill leaderboard Leandro Barbosa Jersey .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. Richard Dumas Jersey . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. https://www.cheapsunsonline.com/669z-mike-bantom-jersey-suns.html . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. This story is excerpted from QB: My Life Behind the Spiral by Steve Young with Jeff Benedict. To buy the book, click?here.In Week 2 of the 1993 season, we traveled to Cleveland to play the Browns on Monday Night Football. Stomach problems continued to dog me, and early in the game, I took a pretty good shot that left a deep bruise on my left thigh. Cleveland was a lousy team. But it was as if Clevelands defense knew our plays in advance. We couldnt figure out how they were doing it. I threw three interceptions and we lost 23-13.It was a long flight back to San Francisco. My left thumb, left elbow and left thigh were all hurting. By the time I got to my loft it was five in the morning. I was so beat I didnt bother undressing and collapsed on my bed. But I couldnt sleep. My mind wouldnt let me. Losing to Cleveland? Unacceptable. Starting the season 1-1? Unacceptable. Six interceptions in the first two games? Unacceptable.My thumb wasnt right. My elbow was sore. My stomach was a mess. I was fatigued. I had to play better.I tossed and turned all night. I was still awake at dawn. Panic set in. My body craved sleep, but my mind wouldnt wind down. I closed the curtains, pulled a pillow over my head, and finally dozed off. But the slightest flinch woke me.At 10, I crawled out of bed. My thigh felt like one giant charley horse. I gazed into a mirror and saw a man buckling under the weight of the world. The 49ers had to win this year. I had to deliver.My outlook was perplexing. On the one hand, I had incredible confidence in my ability as a quarterback. I was the MVP of the league. Yet I felt tethered to a ball and chain. I was the quarterback of a Super Bowl-caliber team. I knew what had to be done. But in the second week of the regular season I already felt the heaviness of anxiety.I went back to my bed and dropped to my knees and pleaded with God for help. I didnt want to do this anymore. But I also didnt want to quit. I still wanted to find out how good I could become. In the aftermath of Joe Montana, San Francisco was the hardest place in the world for a quarterback to play. But I still wanted to know: How far can I go?For now, I told myself, You just have to survive.I had been repeating this same mantra since high school. It had always seemed to get me through the seasons, but for some reason it wasnt doing the trick this time. For the next couple of days, I stumbled around in a fog. Finally, I called Carole Burr in Utah.Im not going to make it through this season, I told her.She stayed on the phone with me for hours. Shed been encouraging me to see a psychologist for a few years. This time she put her foot down. She said she was sending a doctor-friend to San Francisco. This time I was too mentally and physically exhausted to fight her.Rex Kocherhans (pronounced CO-ker-hans) was a 38-year-old family therapist with a practice back in Provo. He showed up the next day at the Merrills place, but by the time he arrived I had already left and checked into the team hotel. I was in my room with Brent Jones when Carol called and informed me that Rex was waiting at the barn.The guy didnt even know me. Yet he had gone to the trouble of flying to the Bay Area on a weekend. I couldnt stand him up. I told the team I was sick and needed to return home for the night.Kocherhans had an empathetic ear. We talked about my childhood, my family, my ambitions and my fears. I told him everything. He was pretty shocked. He asked if I had ever shared this with anyone. I told him I had gone to see a psychologist two years earlier. But I hadnt done any follow-up visits.We ended up talking through the night until Rex nodded off. By that point the sun was coming up. I told him to help himself to the couch. I had to get ready to go to the stadium.That jolted him.Youre going to go to the game?Of course Im going to the game.You havent slept. Youve been up for 24 hours straight.Well, actually, its closer to 36, but Ill see you after the game.So youre choosing to go to the game, huh?I dont want to go. I have to.Well, you dont have to go.I smiled. He didnt get it. Im the starting quarterback for the 49ers, I told him. I cant just not show up.They wont arrest you for not showing up, he said. You have a contract, and there will be implications. But you dont have to go.Im going to go to the game, I told him firmly. But Ill make you a promise. If we win today, Ill talk to the team doctor.Then I gave him a ticket to the game and said Id see him afterward.Sept. 19, 1993. Its warrm and sunny at Candlestick, perfect football weather. Ty Jerome Jersey. But Im a mess -- nausea and vomiting. Plus, Im shivering and shaking. During pregame Dr. Klint thinks I might have gastritis or a bad case of the flu. He puts me on an IV. I dont bother telling him its anxiety. Besides, I need the fluids. I havent slept or eaten in almost 40 hours. Im weak, tired, and yawning nonstop.I feel like an uninvited guest at a house party when I walk onto the field. Its our first home game since Joe was traded to Kansas City. Fans hang signs of support for Joe all over the stadium. I read each one. I note that there are no signs supporting me.Suck it up, I tell myself, and I start by completing six of my first seven passes. Then a linebacker hits me head on, planting his helmet in the crown of my helmet. I jam my neck, and there are black streaks from his helmet on mine. Under later NFL rules, he would have been penalized.I keep going. By halftime I have two touchdown passes, but my head is throbbing and my neck hurts. In the locker room I get another IV before trying to battle back against Atlanta. With time winding down in the third quarter, we trail 20-16 and the crowd is uneasy. So am I. Desperate to make something happen, I drop back to pass from the Falcons 8-yard line. Im nearly sacked before scrambling free and spotting Ricky Watters in the end zone. I fire the ball. It hits defender Vinnie Clark in the chest and ricochets back toward me. The moment I see the ball in the air I run toward it, catch it, and head for the end zone before Im dragged down at the 2-yard line. Finally, some cheers from the home crowd.I expect a flag for catching my own pass. But the officials determine that a quarterback can complete a pass to himself. Apparently Y.A. Tittle did it once in 1959. On the next play we score to go up 23-20.We hang on to win 37-30, but on our final play I am struck on the side of the head and I feel something pop in my neck. I walk off the field gingerly.Despite being sleep-deprived, famished, and hampered by a jammed neck from a blow to the head, I have one of the best games of my career, completing 18 of 22 passes for 210 yards and three touchdowns. I also rush for 52 yards and catch one of my own passes.I stagger to the training room, where I undergo a neurological exam. Dr. Klint tells me that I have a jammed neck and a mild concussion. After some electro-stimulation, he gives me an anti-inflammatory and puts a cervical soft collar on my neck.But my neck is the least of my problems. My emotions are on the surface, and I dont want anyone to see me this way. I lie on my back on the training table until everyone except Dr. Klint is gone. Then I sit up.Reggie, can I talk to you?He looks at me. Dry sweat and grass stains coat my skin. My hair is matted from my helmet.You look like you havent slept in days, he says.I havent.He closes the training room door.Steve, whats going on?I bury my face in my hands and start to shake.Its okay, Steve, he whispers.Reggie, Im really struggling.Yeah, I know.I start sobbing. Whats wrong with me, Reggie?He puts his arms around me.Im sure this doesnt make any sense to you, I continue.Steve?What?I understand, he whispers. I had bouts of this all throughout my days in medical school.I look up. Reggie is crying.I know all about anxiety, he says. I understand how it works.Is that what this is? I ask.I hug him and wipe my eyes.I watch the other guys and I know what Im feeling is different, I say. I dont get it.I know.I stay with Reggie for nearly an hour. He says hes going to arrange for me to go back to Dr. Stanley Fischman. This time he wants me to do more than go in for a visit. Reggie wants me to start seeing Stanley on a regular basis.I promise I will.Outside the stadium I meet back up with Rex Kocherhans, whom I have now known for a whole 24 hours. Laughing, he says to me: So let me get this straight: You have so much anxiety that you cant sleep, but then you go out and play spectacular football?I shrug.In my professional opinion, you should keep this up, he says, laughing. This seems to work.I thank him for flying out from Provo. He thanks me for the ticket to the game and the 24 hours of nonstop entertainment. Then I go back to my place and sleep for sixteen hours.Copyright ? 2016 by J. Steven Young. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved. ' ' '