ove Mathieu back to his old position when the Ho | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 31 '19
LOS ANGELES -- Candace Parker watched video of herself in every game the Sparks played against Minnesota this season. Mack Lee Hill Jersey .She didnt like what she saw.Parker brought a different mentality into Game 3 of the WNBA Finals, leading an aggressive charge from the opening tip in the Sparks 92-75 victory Friday night that put the franchise on the brink of its first championship since 2002.That was a product of me being non-existent in every game we played Minnesota this year, Parker said.She scored 24 points, Nneka Ogwumike added 21 and the Sparks took a 2-1 lead in the best-of-five series.Weve worked too hard to get to this point and just be there, Parker said. We had a game plan of just going to the basket and being aggressive.The Sparks can close out the Lynx with a victory in Game 4 on Sunday.Los Angeles built a 22-point advantage in the opening quarter when it shot 60 percent in the game played at Galen Center on the Southern California campus, down the street from their home court at Staples Center.Its all on the want to of Nneka Ogwumike and Candace Parker to start the game. Their want-to was on `10, Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve said. Im not sure what we were expecting when we started the game but it wasnt that.Parker and Ogwumike were especially devastating in a 2 1/2-minute sequence in the first. They combined to score 12 straight points with Ogwumike hitting consecutive 3-pointers and Los Angeles taking a 21-6 lead.I didnt see it coming, a clearly peeved Reeve said. They won the persistency battle. We didnt rise to the occasion. We were soft, we were feeble.Rebekkah Brunson and Sylvia Fowles led Minnesota with 14 points each. Lindsay Whalen added 11, and Maya Moore had nine points and seven rebounds. The Lynx had 13 turnovers.Theyre extremely good converting those turnovers into points, Moore said. If you give that much of a lead to a great team, its going to be really hard to come back.The Lynx cut the deficit to 48-40 at halftime, outscoring the Sparks 10-0 to end the second.Youre not going to sustain that, Sparks coach Brian Agler said about his teams initial intensity, but I also think a lot of that had to do with Minnesota. They experimented there for a while and finally got a group that was working.It didnt last long.With their former and current league MVPs leading the way, the Sparks dominated inside. Parker and Ogwumike helped Los Angeles to a 52-32 advantage in the paint.Parker and Ogwumike had nine rebounds each, helping the Sparks to a 29-24 edge on the boards.Essence Carson added 16 points, and Alana Beard finished with 15 for Los Angeles.The Lynx made a run in the fourth quarter, outscoring the Sparks 11-2 to close to 81-71. Los Angeles answered with eight straight points to go up 89-71. Parker hit a layup and fed Ogwumike on a fast-break sandwiched around baskets by Beard.We just didnt have enough consecutive possessions on both sides of the ball to create enough of a run, Moore said.Minnesota is seeking its fourth title in six years. The Lynx evened the series with a 19-point victory in Game 2 on their home court.ALL-WNBALeague MVP Ogwumike was the only unanimous pick for the all-WNBA first team, receiving 39 first-place votes and 195 points from the media panel.New York center Tina Charles was second with 38 first-team votes and 193 points. Guards Maya Moore of Minnesota and Sue Bird of Seattle, and forward Elena Delle Donne completed the first team.Forwards Angel McCoughtry of Atlanta and Breanna Stewart of Seattle were selected to the second team along with guards Diana Taurasi of Phoenix and Jewell Loyd of Seattle, and center Fowles.PURPLE ONELynx F Natasha Howard scored six points, but made a bigger statement with footwear. She sported the purple symbol associated with the late singer Prince on her white shoes.McCARVILLE INJURYLynx F-C Janel McCarville hurt her back and didnt return.UP NEXTGame 4 is Sunday night at Staples Center. Deron Cherry Jersey . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Rashad Fenton Jersey . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. http:///...sey-large-1396n.html . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. TEMPE, Ariz. -- It might be Honey Badger time for the Arizona Cardinals.With the Cards reeling, Tyrann Mathieu feels he cant sit back and continue to play deep safety while he regains movement and confidence in his surgically repaired right knee.I mean, were 1-3, man, Mathieu said. Its not really time for me to sit back and play it slow. I feel good. I feel great. I look forward to wherever coach puts me at, but if I got anything to say about it, Ill be back in my normal spot.Mathieus normal spot is in the box at slot cornerback, despite his position being listed as safety. Last season, before he tore his right ACL, he played 519 of his 833 defensive snaps in the slot, with another 170 lined up as an outside linebacker.This season, he has spent just 25 of his 220 snaps in the slot. He has spent 159 snaps at free safety.The past two games, Mathieu has spent more plays in the box but has dropped back into coverage instead of getting miixed up in the play at the line of scrimmage. Anthony Hitchens Jersey. Hes antsy for that to change.Im ready to cut it loose, Mathieu said. My expectations are extremely high for myself. Ill never feel sorry for myself, so I think its just time for me to get back to what Im doing. I feel comfortable out there. Its time for me to start making plays.Mathieus campaign to play more in the slot might get a bolster from a groin injury to fellow safety Tyvon Branch, who had picked up Mathieus snaps in the slot. The severity of Branchs injury has yet to be announced by the Cardinals, but he did not practice Monday. Branch has played 129 of his 166 snaps in the slot, or 77.7 percent.Arizona coach Bruce Arians has said hell move Mathieu back to his old position when the Honey Badger tells him hes ready.I just did, Mathieu said. ' ' '