re too hesitant to admit that we feel: love, lonelines | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Dez 31 '19
SPIELBERG, Austria -- Daniel Ricciardo says Red Bulls return to form this year has reassured him that he is in a team capable of winning titles in the future. Discount Shoes Australia .Ricciardo joined the senior Red Bull team in 2014 after it has won four consecutive titles with Sebastian Vettel. However, the change in engine regulations saw the team struggled with an uncompetitive Renault power unit, and despite three wins, Ricciardo finished a distant third in the drivers championship.Red Bulls decline continued in 2015 and the team failed to win a race for the first time in six years, with Ricciardo even further adrift in eighth place in the final championship standings. However, a win for the team at the Spanish Grand Prix and the first pole position of his career in Monaco has convinced Ricciardo Red Bull is the right team to be in for the future.Its massive, he said. Obviously for me as a driver but for everyone in the team, you dont see anyone leaving, weve still got a very good unit of aerodynamicists and engineers, so thats positive as well. I guess when people start looking [elsewhere] its like OK, theyre probably losing a bit of faith, but everyone is staying.The likes of Adrian [Newey] and that, he still has a bit of time on his contract, so thats good and you are starting to see it work now. Next year is going to be very interesting and hopefully it swings towards our favour. So its nice. This time a year ago it was not looking as positive, thats for sure, but now its turned around which is good.Asked if he had questioned his future at the team after 2015, Ricciardo added: Sure, you do, you think long term as well. 14 was a step down from where the team was in 13, and then the first few races, even half a season, of 15 was quite a significant step down. I dont think we were close to the podium in the first few races at all.Then it was if this trend continues, whats it going to be like in 2016 and beyond that? So sure it does cross your mind, I think its natural. But I was very impressed with how, within the season, they turned it around -- between Silverstone and Budapest it was like bang and then we then showed the pace in some races from there. So that was good for everyone, I think we all needed it.Weve kicked off this year, its still been a little bit up and down but I know for a fact the car is better than last year, and were finding more with the engine. Thats all you can ask for, as long as you feel improvements you know youre going in the right direction.I can feel the chassis is working and doing more of what I want it to do, so thats positive, and then obviously it means that the aerodynamicists and everything are on to something ... So then you just keep feeding them feedback and hopefully it keeps pushing in that direction, which is a better race car.2017 will see an overhaul of Formula Ones technical regulations, with the emphasis shifting back towards Red Bulls forte of aerodynamics. Asked if it could play into his teams favour, Ricciardo said: Yeah, I hope so. I hope it means my neck has to double in size! I hope all these things add up and work in that direction. Lets see.Apparently some of the simulations are showing the cars are going to be a lot quicker, the corner speeds, like Barcelona Turn 3 and 9 could be full again like they were a few years ago so that could be quite tasty for us. And mean a lot more work, which is good! I think its fun. Air Max 90 Online Store . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. Wholesale Air Max 97 .  Breaking three of his own world records on his way to winning in Paris, Chan silenced the critics and left the audiences standing in appreciation and awe. http://www.discountaustraliashoes.com/cheap-nmd-fake.html . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. In September, espnWs weekly essay series will focus on college football.It is a beautiful day for football.After minimal rainfall in the wake of Hurricane Hermine, everyone breathed a collective sigh, the weather unfurled itself, and the sky cleared. Instead of the usual overly oppressive heat, there was a gentle breeze making its way through the stands, caressing passersby on their way to their seats. The 15th annual Palmetto Capital City Classic football game would go on as scheduled.Students swathed in purple and gold started to fill the stadium. Alumni displayed their paraphernalia, calling one another by their old college nicknames, the inside jokes and significance of the moment lost on me, a stranger.I find a seat and try to get into the game. For the first half I am engrossed, trying to forget that I am here without the man that loved this type of atmosphere. He could fellowship with anyone and used the game as an excuse to make new friends out of the people sitting nearby.My father went to Benedict College, a historically black liberal arts institution, founded in 1870 to give educational opportunities to freed slaves.Educators turned an 80-acre plantation into a factory for agents of change that embodied the values I learned at home: a respect for academics, professionalism and leadership, earned with hard work and dedication.My father had those ideals, along with the concepts of fairness, equality and black pride, hammered into him on the corners of Harden and Taylor streets, when he came to Benedict in the 1970s. I lost my dad to cancer three years ago in September, and every year around this time I get edgy.I stop sleeping. My lunch often goes untouched and many nights Im inconsolable.Unable to save myself from this grief, I hoped, in some way, to find him in football. I travel from Spartanburg to his old stomping grounds in Columbia, South Carolina. I decide to search for him at the apex of two things he loved: this school and football.There isnt a place that I go to when I need to find my dad -- I dont visit his gravesite often because he was never alive there. When I need him, I think of the things he was most passionate about, those spirited moments, and I chase them.So I focused on the swell and push of the crowd, the catt daddies in their Stacy Adams and pressed linen suits carrying cups of lemonade down the steps, swaying to the bands rendition of Michael Jacksons P. Fake Jordan 1. Y.T. and Princes Purple Rain.For the first half I watched the battle of brute force, and tried to keep up with the offensive plays, rushing yards, interceptions and missed field goals.Livingstone College scored first, but eventually Benedict got the interception, the first of three. With less than three minutes left in the half, the Tigers tied the score with a field goal.The score was now 3-3.Last year Livingstone won 49-6. This wasnt that type of game. The Tigers arent expected to win. They are in the midst of a 12-game losing streak and hadnt won a game since Oct. 25, 2014. After halftime I left the bleachers, desperate to shift the focus, unsure of what I would learn from all of this.I found my daddy when I smelled the fish. A small no-name trailer was selling whiting and flounder, and I knew that smell -- vegetable oil meeting Lawrys seasoning salt and cornmeal. I had to have it. I buy a plate -- five dollars is nothing when it comes to nostalgia.I dip my fillet in some mustard. I return to the stands, where Benedict is burning up the clock, playing defense. The score is 5-3, in favor of my dads alma mater.Game over.The football team stands in front of the marching band, listening, purple and gold helmets punching into the navy sky. Loyal fans, the ones who stayed, who stuck it out, singing at the top of their lungs, ferocious spirit and Tigers pride on display.My dad loved this, the comprehensive package: the food, the atmosphere, all of the sights and sounds of HBCU football culture.He lives in all of this, somewhere. I find him at the tailgates, the fish fry, the music, oh my God the music, that sweet blend of funk and R&B that cranks from the trucks of the fans before the game and follows us into the stadium, whispering about things that we all experience but are too hesitant to admit that we feel: love, loneliness and loss.Latria Graham is a writer, editor and cultural critic. She is currently living in South Carolina. Follow her @LGRaconteur ' ' '