d and always be d and always be | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Jan 4 '20
The unknown team that claimed Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig on revocable waivers was more interested in blocking him from going to another team than in trading for him, a league source has told ESPNs Jim Bowden. Mavericks Jerseys 2020 .Puig, 25, was demoted to the minors earlier this month, a day after the Dodgers couldnt move him before the non-waiver trade deadline.He told ESPNs Marly Rivera on Monday that he would have preferred a trade to another team instead of being demoted to the minors, but he also acknowledged he has learned some humility since joining the Dodgers Triple-A team in Oklahoma City.The moment I arrived in L.A., people were crazy for me -- 50, 60 thousand people [cheering] at the stadium, Puig said in the interview with Rivera. I got used to that amount of fans. Getting to Triple-A and not seeing as many fans is not very appealing or fun to play baseball, but this is what I have to do for my future.Triple-A Oklahoma has advanced to the playoffs.On Wednesday, the Dodgers revealed four players who will be added to their expanded roster this week. Puig was not among them, but he could be added during September call-ups.Manager Dave Roberts said that he expects to have catcher/infielder Austin Barnes and pitchers Luis Avilan, Josh Ravin and Louis Coleman available to the major league club this weekend.Outside of that, were still trying to figure out what is best for Yasiel, Roberts said.Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman was asked Tuesday if Puig was in the mix to be added to an expanded roster.I dont know the answer to that yet, Friedman said.Puig was an All-Star in 2014 after a meteoric rise with the Dodgers, who signed the Cuban prospect to a $42 million, seven-year contract in June 2012. He hit 35 homers and drove in 111 runs while batting .305 in 2013-14, but he slipped to .255 last season while playing in just 79 games because of hamstring troubles.Puig has been physically limited and largely inconsistent even when healthy this season, batting .260 with seven homers in 81 games. His on-base-plus-slugging percentage is down to a career-worst .706.ESPNs Doug Padilla contributed to this report. Fake Mavericks Jerseys . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. Rolando Blackman Jersey . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. https:///...ersey-mavericks.html . -- For the first time in two months, an opponent was standing up to Alabama. THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Although Jeff Fisher and Les Snead are both disappointed in the Los Angeles Rams performance during their five-year tenure, the coach and the general manager both insist those feelings arent personal.Fisher and Snead dismissed widespread speculation about the health of their partnership Friday, saying they work together closely and professionally. If theyre allowed to return for a sixth season, the Rams top two football men insist they can do it effectively.Honestly, I dont know where this came from, Fisher said. Les and I have been on the same page since Day One. We communicate all the time. We work together. We make some decisions together. ... Theres no issues between Les and I, by no means. We agree to disagree, and weve had a fun run. Were certainly disappointed in the outcome and where we are, and weve got work to do, but were doing it together.The Rams (4-8) have lost seven of their last eight games in their homecoming season, and they are all but guaranteed to miss the playoffs for the 12th straight year. Snead attributes any worries about organizational harmony to the stress of losing.(The) relationship is really good, Snead said. Weve worked together from the start, in every decision. Every decision thats made, especially from a personnel standpoint.Fisher and Snead both received contract extensions from the Rams earlier this season, but the organization didnt publicly announce either deal. That silence has led to speculation that owner Stan Kroenke could still clean house after the team finishes its 13th consecutive non-winning regular season, essentially treating the short extensions as performance bonuses for shepherding the Rams move from St. Louis back to California.Fisher then raised eyebrows earlier this week when he said he didnt know Sneads contract also had been extended, appearing to contradict both mens descriptions of a tight working relationship.Snead said Fishers lack of knowledge about his deal didnt even register as controversial when he heard about it, and he isnt thinking about his own job security or Fishers status. Booth men report directly to Kroenke, who insists they reach a consensus on any big decisions without a tiebreaker. Derek Harper Jersey. .I let those guys concentrate on football, Snead said of the coaches. I go do my role. I think from that standpoint, I didnt blow it out of proportion in any way at all. I was aware that we both were in the same boat, in terms of getting an extension. At that point in time, didnt know the details of each others (contracts). I didnt know his details, and vice versa.Snead went into detailed praise of Fishers ability to produce a competent team over the previous four seasons, including what the GM called a 48-game stretch with No. 2 quarterbacks. The Rams repeatedly tried and failed to find a standout starting quarterback over the previous four years while using the likes of Kellen Clemens, Shaun Hill, Austin Davis, Nick Foles and Case Keenum, who started the first nine games this season.I do think that did stunt the passing game and what you can do, and what the coaches can do with it, Snead acknowledged.Fisher and Snead traded a large chunk of the Rams future to Tennessee this year to move up for Jared Goff with the No. 1 overall pick. While Goff has been solid in his first three starts, he still hasnt won a game, putting the Rams back on the brink of elimination from postseason contention.A strong finish would improve the chances for Fisher and Snead to stick around for another year, just as a 3-1 finish last season got the Rams to 7-9. Snead realizes he can only carry on with planning for the future -- which doesnt include a potentially high first-round pick next year, thanks to the trade for Goff.I think all of those decisions should and always be put off to the end of the season, Snead said of his future. Ive got a job to do, a role to do, a staff to (lead), to get us where we want to be, and thats how you have to work in this league. Thats your focus.---For more NFL coverage: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '