the team, taking a huge number of joy riders to the games, and selling off kit from N | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Jan 16 '20
VOORHEES, N. Arvydas Sabonis Jersey .J. -- Calling the decision to sign Ilya Bryzgalov two years ago a "costly mistake," the Philadelphia Flyers will buy out the remainder of the goalies hefty contract. The move made Tuesday saves the team nearly $6 million under the salary cap for each of the next seven years. Bryzgalov was two seasons into a $51 million, nine-year contract he signed in 2011. The Flyers will have to pay him two-thirds of the balance owed on his remaining term, or $23 million. "Obviously its a costly mistake that we made," general manager Paul Holmgren said. "You know Ilya, its hard to fault him. I still believe he played pretty good, but in a salary-cap world, you need to make decisions from time to time that put you in a better light moving forward and this is one of those." Last week, the Flyers exercised the first of their two compliance buyouts on forward Danny Briere. Bryzgalov was 52-33-10 with a 2.61 goals-against average and a .905 save percentage in the regular season for Philadelphia, which failed to make the playoffs this year. "Whats the sense of looking back? Today we look forward," Holmgren said. "Im not going to look back. I admit it was a costly move, but we have to move forward. No sense looking back." Bryzgalovs quirky personality and sometimes brutal honesty with the media didnt always endear him to teammates. But the Flyers say that didnt factor into this decision. "I think Ilya is a colorful guy," Holmgren said. "Does he say things out of the blue sometimes? Absolutely, but I dont think hes any different than a lot of other players I have been associated with. I didnt have an issue with that. This is strictly a business decision." The Flyers acquired former NHL Rookie of the Year Steve Mason from Columbus before the trade deadline to back up Bryzgalov. Mason went 4-2 with a 1.90 goals-against average and .940 save percentage for the Flyers. Mason will likely compete for the starting job with a goalie currently outside the Philadelphia organization. "Were in the market for goalies," Holmgren said. "How we do it, remains to be seen. Theres options out there right now and well go at it the best way we can." Sam Bowie Jersey . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Mario Hezonja Jersey . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. https:///...-jersey-blazers.html . "I was fortunate to play many years at this level with a great organization and unbelievable teammates," said Hejduk in a statement. NAIROBI, Kenya -- The National Olympic Committee of Kenya was disbanded by the government on Thursday and an investigation launched into alleged mismanagement of the countrys team at the Rio de Janeiro Games.The problems faced by the team in Rio damaged the morale of athletes, Kenya sports minister Hassan Wario said.Those problems included a new doping scandal, ineligible athletes, missing plane tickets, and bad blood between the athletics federation and the national Olympic committee.Even so, Kenya had its best Olympic performance in Rio, winning six golds, six silvers, and a bronze medal.At a news conference in the ministry in Nairobi, Wario cited powers given to him by the Sports Act Number 25 of 2013 to take action against the NOC, and appointed a committee to carry out an independent inquiry.I do hereby disband the National Olympic Committee of Kenya with immediate effect, and transfer their responsibilities to the Sports Kenya as the interim custodian, who will ensure the adoption of a new constitution and setting of the election calendar, Wario said in his brief address.He declined to field questions.Immediately after he left the boardroom, NOCK secretary general Francis K. Paul, also present, said Wario did not have the powers to makke such a decision, adding they would inform the International Olympic Committee and go to court to fight the move. Jaylen Hoard Jersey. .We have not given our report and, from it, maybe you may find other things and you may find we were not in the wrong because we will give an account of all uniforms that we received, and all the uniforms that were distributed, and to whom, Paul said.We did what we were supposed to do, and you should ask the right people for answers. We did our job very well. We will not move from our offices, we do not occupy a government building, and we pay our rent. We are going nowhere.Wario launched an eight-member probe committee, which includes retired athletes Moses Kiptanui and Elizabeth Olaba, to investigate what happened in the organization and planning for Kenyas Olympic team. The committee has to Sept. 30 to report back to the minister, with any recommendations for action.The NOCK is also accused of mismanaging accommodation for the team, taking a huge number of joy riders to the games, and selling off kit from Nike. Paul dismissed those allegations, and instead blamed the ministry of sports. ' ' '