Clint Barmes followed with a double and a sacrifice | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Jul 28 '18
ANAHEIM, Calif. Authentic Curt Schilling Jersey . -- While the Houston Astros are rocketing up the AL standings, the Los Angeles Angels are plummeting at roughly the same rate of speed.Tim Lincecum tried to change things Tuesday night, but both teams kept going their separate ways.Carlos Correa hit a three-run homer in the first inning, and the Astros beat Lincecum and the Angels 7-1 for their ninth win in 10 games.Correa went 3 for 4 and matched his career high with four RBI as Houston easily improved to 34-20 since May 1. The Astros also beat the Angels for the seventh straight time, their longest winning streak in the rivalrys history.We expect to win the way were playing, which is good, Houston manager A.J. Hinch said. We do have a nice little vibe about us, a little swagger. Weve got our confidence back.Scott Feldman (5-3) yielded three hits in five innings to win his first start since April 24 for the Astros. Feldman was a stopgap starter after making 16 appearances out of the bullpen over the past two months, but he kept Houston moving flawlessly forward while allowing no earned runs or walks.Ive been doing the bullpen thing, so I had to try to remember my routine for (starting), said Feldman, a starter for most of the previous eight seasons. But it was a lot of fun.Albert Pujols third-inning single drove in the only run for last-place Los Angeles (32-46), which has lost eight of nine. Before the game, general manager Billy Eppler said manager Mike Scioscias job is not in jeopardy with the Angels, whose injury-riddled starting rotation has been their biggest obstacle.Lincecum (1-2) couldnt get through the fifth inning in his third start for the Angels, yielding seven hits, four walks and five runs. It was the two-time Cy Young winners second straight bumpy outing after a promising debut.My fastball command was pretty terrible, Lincecum said. I didnt get a chance to establish the zone and work around that. I felt myself becoming one-dimensional again with my changeup and not really finding a way out. That team is a good hitting team. They punched the balls when they were up in the zone and made me pay for it.Lincecum has a 6.75 ERA after three starts for the Angels, who signed the longtime San Francisco Giants star to patch that rotation. While he struck out seven Astros, he also struggled with control -- throwing just 55 strikes in 101 pitches -- and served up too many hittable balls to the Astros surging lineup.Lincecum was in trouble again after four Houston batters. He started with a four-pitch walk to George Springer, and Jose Altuve also drew a four-pitch walk before Correa put his 13th homer far over the left field fence. Correa had never faced Lincecum before that shot.I knew he was going to try to throw some changeups and get me to chase, Correa said. Its big to score early in the game.Marwin Gonzalez tripled in the fourth and scored on Carlos Gomezs double. Colby Rasmus one-out single in the fifth chased Lincecum, and Gonzalez bunted home Houstons fifth run moments later.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: Feldman filled in for RHP Lance McCullers, whose rotation turn was skipped due to a blister. McCullers expects to return Monday for his next start, although Feldman wouldnt mind another shot. I love starting, Feldman said. But I also love being on this team, and were winning a lot of games right now.Angels: 3B Yunel Escobar missed another game with a bone bruise in his left knee. Scioscia hopes he is available Friday in Boston. ... C Geovany Soto is closing in on a rehab assignment after working out in the bullpen Tuesday. He has been out since mid-May after knee surgery.UP NEXTAstros: Dallas Keuchel (4-9, 5.35 ERA) beat Kansas City last week for his first win in five June starts, but the AL Cy Young winners weird season continues.Angels: Jered Weaver (6-6, 5.24 ERA) has been solid in recent weeks, but had a rough outing against Oakland earlier in this homestand. He has a 3.26 ERA in 10 career games against Houston. Authentic Paul Goldschmidt Jersey . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. Diamondbacks Jerseys Outlet . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. http://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.us/ . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. PITTSBURGH -- The first pitch Andrew McCutchen saw from New York Mets reliever David Aardsma sent the Pittsburgh Pirates All-Star centerfielder sprawling. The second ended up in the seats. McCutchen responded from the brushback by belting a homer to tie the game in the sixth and then provided the go-ahead single in the seventh to help the Pirates rally for a 4-2 victory on Saturday. "I was just ready to hit," McCutchen said. "Come up and in and (I) just like to bear down and be ready to hit and thats what happened." Justin Wilson (6-1) earned the victory in relief of starter A.J. Burnett. All-Star closer Jason Grilli worked a perfect ninth for his NL-leading 29th save. The victory assured Pittsburgh (56-36) of its best record at the All-Star break since 1975 and moved the Pirates into a tie with St. Louis for the top spot in the NL Central. "We just want to continue to keep rolling," McCutchen said. Thats hardly an issue at the moment for Pittsburgh, which responded to a four-game losing streak by ripping off three straight wins. Three years after posting the worst record in baseball at 57-105, the Pirates can match their entire win total of that miserable season with a victory in Sundays series finale. "Nobody is satisfied," manager Clint Hurdle said. No, but theyre certainly encouraged. The bullpen picked up its 21st win of the season -- tied for the major league high -- when Wilson bailed Burnett out of a two-on, two-out jam in the sixth. The Mets managed just one hit the rest of the way, giving the Pirates all the room they would need to rally from an early 2-0 deficit. Marlon Byrd and Eric Young had two hits apiece for the Mets, but New Yorks relievers faltered in relief of spot starter Carlos Torres. A series of extra-inning games by the Mets -- including a 3-2 loss in 11 innings on Friday -- has left the pickings slim for manager Terry Collins. "Those guys are out of gas," Collins said. "Those arms are hanging." The Mets grinded their way to an early 2-0 lead against Burnett. Kirk Nieuwenhuis doubled home Byrd in the fourth and Byrd added an RBI infield single in the fifth as Pittsburghs ace struggled with his command. Burnett surrendered two runs on seven hits in 5 2-3 innings, striking out eight but walking four in his second start since returning from a torn calf. He escaped further damage in the sixth when Wilson struck out Daniel Murphy with runners on the corners. "You nevver want to come out of a game, but you feel pretty good when these guys come in behind you," Burnett said. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Free Shipping. The Pirates didnt let the reprieve go to waste. After McCutchen tied the game with his 10th homer of the season in the sixth, pinch hitter Travis Snider started the game-winning rally with a one-out single in the seventh. Jose Tabata followed one batter later with a single and Snider scored when McCutchens sharp grounder deflected off New York third baseman David Wrights glove and into the outfield. Pittsburgh added an insurance run when New Yorks Josh Edgin walked Russell Martin with the bases loaded. Torres filled in capably for All-Star Matt Harvey, forced to miss a start due to a blister on his right (pitching) hand. Torres pitched five effective innings in his first major league start in nearly three years. The right-hander gave up just one run and struck out five. Torres worked as a starter in Triple-A Las Vegas this season before moving into a relievers role when the Mets called him up in mid-June. He hadnt thrown more than 45 pitches since returning to the majors and cruised into the fifth before tiring. Garrett Jones doubled and scored on Jordy Mercers single. Clint Barmes followed with a double and a sacrifice bunt and a hit-by-pitch loaded the bases with one out. Yet Torres survived when Tabata hit into a double play to end the threat. "I was just taking it inning by inning and I thought pretty well until the fifth," Torres said. "That fifth inning was brutal. I lost my command and I left a lot of balls up. I guess maybe I ran out of gas a little." Torres then handed it over to the bullpen, but New Yorks relievers -- whose 1.76 ERA this month is the second-best mark in baseball -- couldnt make it hold up. NOTES: The Mets activated RHP Scott Atchison off the disabled list following the game and sent utility player Jordany Valdespin to Triple-A Las Vegas ... Atchison is 0-0 with a 4.50 ERA in 19 appearances with New York this season ... The series concludes Sunday when Pittsburghs Gerrit Cole (4-2, 3.68 ERA) faces New Yorks Dillon Gee (6-7, 4.60). Cole is starting in place of Jeff Locke, who is dealing with back stiffness that will force him to sit out next Tuesdays All-Star game ... New York reliever LaTroy Hawkins was held out again due to soreness in his right triceps. Collins says the decision on whether to put Hawkins on the disabled list wont be made until after the All-Star break. Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '