Teemu Selanne last Sunday, but was prevented by a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Mai 25 '17
LONDON -- Stanislas Wawrinka keeps reaching new milestones in 2013. Cameron Sutton Womens Jersey . Having played the best tennis of his life over the past 10 months, the 28-year-old Swiss made another statement by beating David Ferrer on Friday to reach the semifinals in his first appearance at the ATP World Tour Finals. "Its certainly a dream season," the seventh-seeded Wawrinka said after rallying to beat David Ferrer 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-1 in his final round robin match. "I started as the world No. 17, I then reached my first quarters at the French Open, I made it to U.S. Open semis and Im now doing well at the Finals. Its magic." Wawrinka still had a nervous wait as he needed Rafael Nadal to beat Thomas Berdych in the late match in order to advance. The top-ranked Spaniard had already clinched a place in the semis but didnt falter, winning 6-4, 1-6, 6-3 to finish the group stage with a 3-0 record. The 28-year-old Wawrinka has long been known for his natural talent and formidable one-handed backhand, but has spent most of his career in the shadow of Swiss countryman Roger Federer and was beginning to be seen as a perennial underachiever. Thats changed this season, after appointing Magnus Norman as his new coach in April and working on his confidence and mental strength. The partnership immediately paid off, as Wawrinka beat Ferrer to win a tournament in Oeiras, Portugal, before reaching the final of the Madrid Masters. The Swiss defeated Richard Gasquet at the French Open then grabbed victories over Tomas Berdych and Andy Murray en route to his first Grand Slam semifinal at the U.S. Open. "Its a lot of small things that make huge difference," Wawrinka said of Normans help. "But for sure I think this year the most important was my self-confidence on the court. Now, when I come on the court, even against (Tomas) Berdych, against Rafa (Nadal), against Ferrer today, I know that I can beat them. Thats already a big step ahead." Against Ferrer, Wawrinka hit 35 winners, including 12 aces, to clinch his second win at the elite year-end tournament. Nadal just needed to claim a set against Berdych to be guaranteed of first place in Group A and lost his grip on the match in the second set, dropping his serve twice. However, Nadal made the decisive break in the eighth game of the decider after Berdych double-faulted twice. "I wish him a good holiday and good luck for the Davis Cup," Nadal said of Berdych, who will be playing in next weeks Davis Cup final between defending champion Czech Republic and Novak Djokovics Serbia in Belgrade. "In the second set he played great, it was very difficult to stop him." Defending champion Novak Djokovic has won Group B -- meaning hell play Wawrinka in the last four -- and the winner of Saturdays match between Juan Martin del Potro and Roger Federer will face Nadal in the semifinals. "Its an amazing week for me," said Wawrinka, who has claimed nine victories over Top 10 players this season. "I had to win against Tomas Berdych, David Ferrer, I lost a tough one against Nadal. At the ATP World Tour Finals, it was quite a good level for me. Thats the most important." After spending his whole career in the shadow of Federer, Wawrinka now has a chance to finish ahead the 17-time Grand Slam winner in the year-end rankings. "But people should not expect me to win Grand Slam titles in the coming years, its not as simple as that," Wawrinka said. "My main goal next season will be to keep the same level." Serving hard and varying his play nicely, Wawrinka had the upper hand early on against Ferrer and broke for a 4-2 lead before comfortably holding serve in the next game. But the seventh-seeded debutant made three unforced errors when serving for the set, and Ferrer then used an aggressive net game to win four consecutive games, including one that lasted 14 minutes The Spaniards excellent spell abruptly ended in the next game when Wawrinka took his serve at love to force a tiebreaker. Ferrer, the 2009 runner-up, jumped to a 4-0 lead before his opponents 29th error of the match gave him three set points. Following another long exchange from the baseline, Wawrincka missed a forehand to lose the set. Wawrinka looked frustrated but it was soon Ferrers turn to wobble, with the third-seeded Spaniard making three unforced errors including his first double-fault of the match in the third game of the second set as he dropped serve and whacked his racket against the floor in anger. This time, Wawrinka held his serve to level the match. Two unforced errors by Ferrer in the first game of the decider gave Wawrinka an early break, and the U.S. Open semifinalist hit three aces in the next game for a 2-0 lead. Wawrinka broke again for a 4-1 lead and closed out the match with a backhand after Ferrer misplayed an easy volley. T. J. Watt Steelers Jersey .Brooks, a three-year veteran, was slow to get up after suffering the injury during a 5-yard run by Arian Foster.Brooks limped off the field midway through the quarter and then slowly walked to the locker room a few minutes later. Cameron Sutton Jersey . Hamelin overcame a weak start to win bronze in the 500-metre race behind winner Wu Dajing of China and American J.R. Celski on Saturday at the world short track speed skating championship.ANAHEIM, Calif. - Although the Anaheim Ducks have been one of the NHLs most dominant teams all season, they hadnt managed to blow out an opponent at home since late October.With a hat trick from Corey Perry and a sputtering Toronto offence on the other end, the Ducks finally got to enjoy a stress-free third period in Anaheim.Perry scored three goals and Frederik Andersen made 28 saves for his second career shutout in the Ducks 4-0 victory over the Maple Leafs on Wednesday night.Kyle Palmieri also scored in the Ducks fourth victory in five games, putting them back atop the overall standings alongside Nashville. Anaheims previous 11 home wins were all one-goal games, but the Ducks routed the Leafs in style.We want to be able to put teams away, and I think we did that tonight, said Andersen, who has 44 victories in just 64 career games.Capping his league-leading third hat trick of the season with an empty-net goal, Perry took over the team lead with 18 goals this season despite missing 15 games with illness and injury.His second goal was a breakaway set up by a long, beautiful backhand pass from captain Ryan Getzlaf, who had two assists in Anaheims first win over Toronto in seven tries.Its nice to get back on the board, said Perry, who had just one goal in his first five games back from a 10-game absence with a sprained knee. Since Ive been back, its been tough. I think I was skating a lot better tonight than I had been.Andersen responded well to the relatively few tests provided by Toronto, and the Danish netminder even got an assist on Perrys empty-netter as the forward completed his eighth career hat trick.Jonathan Bernier stopped 21 shots for the Maple Leafs, who are 1-3 under new coach Peter Horachek after taking back-to-back shutout losses in Southern California. The Leafs havent scored with a goalie in the opposite net in 162 minutes and 37 seconds, getting only an empty-net goal in their last eight periods of play.We have a lot of firepower, (and) we will find ways to score, Toronto forward James van Riemsdyk said. T. J. Watt Womens Jersey. If you look at the games, the scoring chances have been pretty even the last couple here. Were pretty happy with our process. We just have to capitalize on our chances.Toronto has scored just nine goals in six games in 2015, but has improved its defence under Horachek, who took over when Randy Carlyle was fired last week. Carlyle won the 2007 Stanley Cup during seven seasons behind the Ducks bench.Matt Beleskey and his team-leading 17 goals were a healthy scratch by Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau, but Anaheims offence kept purring without him. The Ducks have scored 18 goals in their last five games.In the waning seconds of a two-man advantage in the first period, Palmieri ripped a shot in and out of the net so quickly that play didnt stop. Hampus Lindholm then scored on Bernier shortly after the penalties ended, but video review confirmed Palmieri had scored his third goal in five games.Perry got his second goal since Nov. 29 when his low shot deflected off Cody Fransons skate and through Berniers legs.He scored again in the second when Getzlaf hit him with an exceptional 100-foot backhand pass from the boards. The Leafs thought Perry was offside.One goes off my foot, one is a questionable offsides, one is an empty netter, and the other is a 5-on-3, Franson said. Its frustrating, and we cant let it get the best of us. Were going to give ourselves a lot more chances to win games than we were playing before.NOTES: David Booth went to the Leafs dressing room in the third period after checking Sami Vatanen and getting hit in the head by an inadvertent elbow. ... Torontos Daniel Winnik returned to Anaheim for the first time since the Ducks allowed him to leave as a free agent last summer. ... Carlyle had intended to attend the Ducks jersey retirement ceremony for Teemu Selanne last Sunday, but was prevented by a death in the family. Carlyle kept a home in Southern California while coaching the Leafs. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '