Hes still Derrick Rose. And so it will be exciting to play with him | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Feb 4 '20
DURHAM, N. Cheap Custom Patriots Jersey .C. -- If Duke cant keep its grip on the ball, the Blue Devils might lose control of their season, too.A suddenly turnover-prone Duke team plays host to an improved Army on Saturday. The Blue Devils (2-3) rank last in the Atlantic Coast Conference and 123rd nationally in turnover margin, with 17 giveaways to 10 takeaways. The Black Knights (3-1) are fifth in the Bowl Subdivision in that stat category and had no turnovers in their first three games. Only two teams have turned it over less often.Army is a complete football team, Duke coach David Cutcliffe said.And with Hurricane Matthew churning up the East Coast, and threatening to dump rain on Wallace Wade Stadium, ball security will be at even more of a premium.If its windy and rainy, weve both got to kick the ball and throw the ball, Army coach Jeff Monken said. The ball will exchange hands and weve got to take care of it. Im sure theyre going to emphasize the same thing.Thats a certainty -- especially after how the Blue Devils last game went.Duke had six turnovers in a 34-20 loss to Virginia , including a fumble that was recovered for the game-sealing touchdown and five interceptions -- with four of them coming in a 20-minute stretch of the first half. The Blue Devils havent had fewer than three turnovers in any home game.Theyll have to overcome those self-inflicted wounds if theyre going to turn the season around and reach their fifth straight bowl game.Yet Cutcliffe insists the team has not -- and will not -- fracture.They know who the program is. They know what the programs about. That will never falter, Cutcliffe said. Thats not going to change. Weve said it for years that you dont ever run from it, you run to it -- meaning challenges, problems, issues. ... Wherever you stumble, thats where your hidden treasure is buried. You just look for it.---Some things to know about the Army-Duke game:ARMYS GROUND GAME: The Black Knights once again lead the nation in rushing -- as they did in 2011 and 12 -- averaging nearly 375 yards with their trademark triple-option offensive system. Their three starters in the backfield are sophomores and RB Andy Davidson leads the way with a 103-yard average and six touchdowns. Running the ball is one thing, Monken said, but the bottom line is you have to score points.GOOD KNIGHT ON D: Not to be outdone, Armys defense ranks 10th nationally, allowing 264 yards, and is ninth against the run, giving up 87.5 yards per game. Everybody wants to talk about their offense, but their defense causes you a lot of problems with their configuration, Cutcliffe said.DUKES PRESSURE: The Blue Devils join a pair of top 10 teams -- No. 1 Alabama and No. 6 Houston -- with at least three sacks in every game this season. That streak might be in jeopardy this week because the run-first Black Knights have only thrown 29 passes all year.FINISH STRONG: Army was unscored upon in the fourth quarters of its first three games, before blowing a 20-6 lead in the fourth quarter against Buffalo two weeks ago. The Blue Devils have been outscored 27-23 in their fourth quarters.---AP Sports Writer John Kekis in West Point, New York, contributed to this report. Jeff Garcia Jersey.Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. George Mira Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. http:///...sey-large-1771f.html . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. ARDSLEY, New York -- Kristaps Porzingis has clear expectations for the New York Knicks this season.Obviously, the No. 1 goal is the playoffs this year, he said Saturday at a camp he hosted for children in Westchester, New York. Thats where my head is at. I cant be thinking nothing past that. Right now its the playoffs.The Knicks have missed the playoffs for three straight seasons and won just 32 games in 2015-16. But team president Phil Jackson put together a roster designed to win immediately this summer when he traded for Derrick Rose and signed Joakim Noah and Brandon Jennings.Rose has garnered attention this offseason for saying that the Knicks share the same Super Team label as the Golden State Warriors. He also believes the Knicks have the talent to win every game they play this season. Porzingis said Saturday that he appreciates Roses confidence.I dont know whats a Super Team and whats not a Super Team but what I think he meant was that were able to win every game, the second-year forward/center said. Not that were going to win 82 games, zero (losses). But every team that comes up, were able to beat them because we have enough talent. I think thats what he meant and I like the confidence, I like that he believes that were good enough. So its just, now weve got to prove it. Its enough talking and weve got to go out on the court and prove that were a good team.The addition of Rose has led some to wonder if Porzingis will get fewer touches and shots in the coming season. Both Rose and Carmelo Anthony have had the ball in their hands extensively over the course of their careers; they each used more than 27 percent of their teams possessions while on the floor last season.Will that leave fewer touches for Porzingis this season?Thats secondary for me, he said. If we can win games, it doesnt matterr who is scoring. Ronnie Lott Jersey. If we as a team can win [it doesnt] matter who is taking how many shots, at least for me. So if we all have that same mentality then were going to be fine.... Its just as simple as that.Some observers also feel that the Knicks decision to put together a team built to win immediately -- rather than a club that can develop slowly around Porzingis timeline -- will impact his long-term growth. But Porzingis doesnt see it that way.Not really. I know, [with] the team drafting me, they want me to grow and grow into a star, a superstar. So I believe that theyre going to help me grow, he said. And they know the type of guy that I am. When I have difficulties, I will not complain.... If were winning, thats all that matters to me. If were winning, Ill be happy. And that can help me grow. Last season helped me grow because we lost, and thats a lot to take mentally. But as long as were winning and Im playing hard and with intensity -- and I have the right mindset -- then well be fine.To that end, Porzingis and some other Knicks have been working out at the team facility and the gym in his building in Manhattan in recent days. Porzingis has been impressed by playing with Rose, who is a defendant in a civil suit involving an alleged sexual assault that is set to go to trial on Oct. 4.How explosive he is and everything, hes still got it, said Porzingis, who weighs between 238-240 pounds entering training camp. Hes still Derrick Rose. And so it will be exciting to play with him. He draws so much attention when hes driving hes so dangerous that Im going to be wide open and thats what Im looking forward to. Hes going to be creating for me and other teammates. ' ' '