He hurt his knee in his second game back and struggled to make | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Feb 4 '20
STARKVILLE, Miss. Framber Valdez Jersey . -- Nick Fitzgerald tied a Mississippi State record with seven total touchdowns and led the Bulldogs to a 56-41 win over Samford on Saturday.The win snapped Mississippi States three-game losing streak and the Bulldogs (3-5) had 669 yards of total offense.Fitzgerald was 20 of 35 for 417 yards, five touchdowns and two interceptions. He also rushed for 117 yards and two more touchdowns.It is great to get a win and I know our guys were fired up downstairs to get a win, said Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen. I dont know another team in the country more appreciative of getting a win, especially with the way we have lost three games. So I am really happy for our guys. We got a lot of things to improve on but a lot of guys made great plays out there today.Donald Gray caught three of Fitzgeralds touchdown passes and totaled a career-high 207 yards receiving. Fred Ross had nine catches for 107 yards and one touchdown for Mississippi State.Devlin Hodges set career highs with 42 completions, 69 attempts and 468 yards passing for Samford (6-2). He had four TD passes and three interceptions.I am disappointed with certain things on defense, added Mullen. We had way too many missed tackles on the back end. We knew they had a high-tempo offense but I am really happy to see some younger guys starting to make big plays on defense. That really picks up the spirit of the team.Mississippi State led 28-20 at halftime and managed to put the game away late in the third quarter. Senior linebacker DeAndre Ward returned his first career interception 35 yards for a touchdown, giving Mississippi State a 49-26 advantage with 2:48 left in the third quarter.Samford ran 104 total plays and also rushed for 159 yards. Krondis Larry led the ground game with nine carries for 101 yards while Hodges added 45 yards rushing.Karel Hamilton had 14 catches for 213 yards and two touchdowns. Kelvin McKnight added 13 catches for 115 yards and one touchdown for Samford.THE TAKEAWAYSamford: The visiting Bulldogs got another huge game from Hodges. The sophomore went over 400 yards for the third time in four games and increased his season passing totals to 2913 yards and 28 TDs.Mississippi State: The defense was down four starters and continued its downward spiral this season, surrendering a season-high 627 yards against Division 1-AA Samford.UP NEXTSamford: The Bulldogs return to Southern Conference play next Saturday and travel to conference leader The Citadel.Mississippi State: The Bulldogs wrap up a brief two-game home stand and host Texas A&M next Saturday. Carlos Beltran Jersey . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. Blake Taylor Jersey . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. http:///...sey-large-1666y.html . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. FRISCO, Texas -- The preseason could be over for Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant.The team announced Tuesday?that Bryant suffered a concussion in Mondays practice and will not play Thursday against the Seattle Seahawks. The Cowboys have not played their starters in a preseason finale in years, which means Bryants next appearance could be the Sept. 11 season opener against the New York Giants.On Tuesday coach Jason Garrett said Bryant is much better today.Garrett said that Bryant was hurt when the receivers head hit the shoulder pads of safety Barry Church.Somehow the angle of Barrys shoulder pads and the angle of Dezs head, they hit, Garrett said, Dez took a couple of steps and felt something. We obviously took him out for the rest of practice.Because the concussion happened so close to Thursdays kickoff, Bryant was immediately ruled out. Garrett was not sure whether Bryant or defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford, who suffered a concussion and has been ruled out as well, would make the trip to Seattle on Wednesday.The Cowboys next full practice is scheduled for Saturday.We dont think theres any long-term concern here, Garrett said.Bryant took to Twitter Tuesday to tell Cowboyss fans not to worry. Cheap Astros Jerseys. In two preseason games, Bryant has four catches for 74 yards and two touchdowns, as he returns from a broken foot that required two surgeries and limited him to nine games last year.Bryant has had a productive training camp after being limited in his offseason work following a bone graft surgery in January.As the Cowboys left Oxnard, California, he said it was the best training camp he has had in his career. He was given one day off in camp to rest.My mind is right, Bryant said last week. My confidence is sky-high right now. I think its the best its ever been.Bryant caught a career-low 31 passes for 401 yards and three touchdowns last season. He missed five games after undergoing surgery after breaking the fifth metatarsal in his right foot the day after the season opener. He hurt his knee in his second game back and struggled to make an impact as the Cowboys suffered from substandard quarterback play.Once the Cowboys were eliminated from playoff contention, Bryant was inactive and eventually placed on injured reserve. ' ' '