ez in March. Two others involve a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Feb 7 '20
ATLANTA -- Dustin Johnson was in trouble from the start Thursday, just not for very long. Hank Lauricella . The game feels easy for the U.S. Open champion, who began his bid for the FedEx Cup title on Thursday with a 4-under 66 to share the lead at the Tour Championship.Johnson had 165 yards from the sand and worried about getting it over the lip of the bunker. He hit 8-iron to 2 feet for birdie and was on his way to his sixth consecutive round at 68 or lower.It was a very nice shot to start the day, Johnson said with a smile.Hideki Matsuyama of Japan ran off three straight birdies early in his round and finished with a birdie on the par-5 18th -- the nines have been switched at East Lake -- for a 66, while Kevin Chappell joined them with a bogey-free round.Johnson is coming off his third victory of the year at the BMW Championship two weeks ago, and there was no indication that anything has changed. He hit a reasonable amount of fairways (eight out of 14) considering the dry, fast conditions, and only once when he was out of position did he fail to save par.He is the No. 1 seed in the FedEx Cup, and the top five seeds only have to win the Tour Championship to claim the $10 million FedEx Cup bonus. The top five were all among the dozen players who broke par in the opening round.Jason Day, the worlds No. 1 player who hasnt won in four months, dropped his only shot on the opening hole and was at 67, along with Kevin Kisner and Si Woo Kim.Id like to give Dustin a good run for it, Day said.Jordan Spieth didnt look like he would post anything near a 68 after he was 3 over through two holes. The defending FedEx Cup champion let his short game bail him out in a big way. Spieth holed three straight putts from the 30-foot range -- one of them for par -- and raced back into the mix on the back nine by holing a bunker shot for birdie right of the 13th green and finishing with a pair of 20-foot birdies.This is a course I feel very comfortable on, Spieth said. I feel if I play really solid golf here -- and it doesnt have to be perfect golf -- I can shoot 8 under on this golf course. I have no doubt. It fits me really well.Also at 68 was Rory McIlroy, who had consecutive double bogeys toward the end of the front nine and pulled himself together with four straight birdies on the back. McIlroy had a 68 without making birdie on either of the par 5s.That wasnt the case for Phil Mickelson. He started his day by holing a 95-foot birdie putt. His fortunes turned on the par-5 sixth hole when his second shot went over the green and up against a fence, leading to bogey. He hit his next tee shot out of play and made triple bogey, and followed that with a double bogey with a drive into the water. Mickelson played 1 under from there to salvage a 74. He didnt hit a fairway until the 17th hole, and then headed straight to the practice range.These are the kind of days Johnson rarely has.Johnson has finished out of the top 10 only twice in the last four months -- one of them a missed cut at the PGA Championship out of nowhere -- and is making it tough on everyone. While everyone has a mathematical chance of winning the FedEx Cup, that depends on how the top five fare.And one of those is Johnson, who is faring quite well at the moment.Chappell, three times a runner-up this year, would have to win and have Johnson finish worse than ninth to win the $10 million bonus.With the form Dustin is in, I dont think that scenario is going to happen for me, Chappell said. But theres a chance to win a golf tournament, and thats all Im really focused on.Hes not worried about the Ryder Cup either. Chappell said he hasnt been contacted by U.S. captain Davis Love III, nor was he among three players not on the team who were invited to practice at Hazeltine over the weekend.Of that trio, Justin Thomas opened with a 68.Bubba Watson made two late bogeys from the rough and had a 72 to tie for 15th, while Daniel Berger shot 40 on the front nine and shot 74.Theres nothing I can do now, Watson said. Davis said its all about strategies and different things. Its not about my play. Its not about anybodys play. So I cant worry about that. And the golf course is so tough, Ive got to worry about this golf course. Bill Mackrides . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. https://www.cheapnfljerseyschina.co/colton-schmidt-jersey-for-sale/ . It just didnt show when he hit the ice. Berra made 42 saves and Kris Russell scored at 1:32 of overtime, lifting the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday night. The U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights announced Wednesday that it had opened an investigation into Baylor Universitys handling of Title IX cases.The investigation was prompted by a complaint filed Sept. 26 by the schools former Title IX coordinator Patty Crawford, who resigned Oct. 3 amid allegations she made that senior leaders at Baylor prevented her from adequately investigating Title IX cases and running the office.Specifically, Crawford alleged in an interview with CBS This Morning earlier this month that a group of Baylor administrators made sure that they were protecting the brand ... instead of our students. She declined to identify the Baylor officials during the interview.The U.S. Department of Education typically does not identify those who file a complaint, but it made a rare move on Wednesday to issue a press release about Baylors investigation and noted that Crawford gave her permission to be identified.?The investigation is one of 281 ongoing sexual violence cases among 215 postsecondary institutions.The department also noted that it is a neutral fact finder that will collect and analyze all relevant evidence to develop its findings, but it does not typically release information to the public until it is done with its investigation, at which point it can release the date the complaint was resolved, dismissed or closed; the basic reasons for the agencys decision; and any suggestions for improvement, if warranted.While the U.S. Department of Education does have the ability to terminate federal funds -- which Baylor, even though it is a private school, receives via student federal financial aid for tuition -- it typically resolves cases by coming up with agreed-upon actions to improve the schools handling of Title IX complaints and enforcement.Crawfords attorney, Rogge Dunn of Dallas, told Outside the Lines that Crawford increased reporting of sexual assaults and sexual violence by 700 percent, and although Dunn did not have specific numbers, he said Crawford handled hundreds of cases. Crawford was hired in 2014 as the schools first full-time dedicated Title IX coordinator. In 2014, as part of Baylors requirement to report crimes to the federal government, the school reported it had a total of four rapes involving students.I continued to work hard, and the harder I worked, the more resistance I received from senior leadership, Crawford told CBS. That became clear that that was not something the university wanted, and in July, I made it clear and ready that I had concerns and that the university was violating Title IX, and my environment got worse.For months, Baylor has been at the center of nationwide attention ovver the handling of sexual assault allegations and investigations, including several that involved athletes. Neil Halleck. In May, law firm Pepper Hamilton released a scathing report about Baylors handling of sexual assault allegations. That report, which was commissioned by the Baylor Board of Regents, led to the demotion and then resignation of former university president and chancellor Kenneth Starr; the firing of football coach Art Briles; the suspension and then resignation of athletic director Ian McCaw; and the firings of multiple athletic department employees.Dunn said that Crawford believed Pepper Hamilton vindicated some of the things that shed been saying and trying to do but that the universitys actions to implement the law firms recommendations fell short.A statement from Baylor announcing Crawfords resignation stated: Patty was disappointed in her role in implementing the recommendations that resulted from the Pepper Hamilton investigation. At the time, university spokeswoman Tonya Lewis told the Waco (Texas) Tribune that Crawfords demand for $1 million was surprising and her request to retain book and movie rights was troubling, and we cant explain her motivation.Dunn wouldnt confirm details of the mediation because it would be a violation of the law, but he told Outside the Lines that Crawford never had any plans to pursue a book or movie deal.The U.S. Department of Education has received at least two other complaints about Baylor this year. One was from a female Baylor graduate who had not been the victim of an assault but who said she was concerned about the culture at Baylor and wanted more oversight. And another was from Jasmin Hernandez, the woman who had reported being raped in 2012 by former football player Tevin Elliott, who would end up being criminally convicted for sexual assault and sentenced to 20 years in prison.Its unclear what happened with the first complaint. Hernandezs complaint was dismissed in June, because more than 180 days had elapsed since her last reported allegation against Baylor stemming from her April 2012 assault.Four federal Title IX lawsuits have also been filed against Baylor, including one filed by Hernandez in March. Two others involve allegations against football players. Despite being a private school, Baylor is required by the federal Title IX statute to investigate allegations of sexual assault and violence thoroughly and to provide security, counseling services and academic help to those who report assaults. Part of the laws goal is to help keep victims in school. ' ' '