5 in Miami. It will also play | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Mai 26 '17
Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. Mitchell Trubisky Jersey . This week, they discuss Luol Deng, Craig Leipold, Saku Koivu, and the NHL trying to write an understandable rule covering "kicked in" goals. Bruce Arthur, Toronto Star My thumb is up to Luol Deng of the Miami Heat. Deng, one of the most respected players in the NBA, was the subject of a racist scouting report originating that said Deng "has a little Africa in him," and compared him to a respectable shopkeeper who sells counterfeit goods. It was leaked amid an Atlanta Hawks ownership war, and that revelation has torn the franchise apart: the owner is selling, and general manager Danny Ferry, who read it aloud, is on indefinite leave. Dengs reaction, though, was perfect. He issued a statement that struck exactly the correct tone, and included Deng saying, "Im proud to say I actually have a lot of African in me, not just a little." He showed pride, strength, and grace. In this wretched week for sports, we needed that. Steve Simmons, SUN Media My thumb is up to Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leipold for offering to fly anyone in his organization to Saturdays funeral of Bob Suter, the first “Miracle on Ice” player to pass away. It wasnt just that Suter did some work for the Wild or was the father of Minnesota star defenceman Ryan Suter.  It was who he was in the hockey world and what he represented that mattered so much. Unlike his son and his brother Gary, Bob Suter never played an NHL game. After the gold medal win in Lake Placid in 1980, he moved home to Wisconsin, opened up a sporting goods business, was involved in community, coached kids hockey. Among the non-family members he influenced: Phil and Amanda Kessel. Bob Suter was only 57 years old. The heart attack that took him too soon came in a hockey arena.   Michael Farber, Sports Illustrated My thumb is up to Saku Koivu, who never got his name engraved on the Stanley Cup but whose signature is on something of even more value - a pet scanner at Montreal General Hospital. Koivu retired this week after an end-of-career turn in Anaheim, but he will be remembered as the long-serving captain of the Canadiens, overcoming non-Hodgkins lymphoma and returning to the most thunderous ovation since Rocket Richard closed the Forum. Koivu was a lightning rod for criticism - he never did learn French - but deeds are more significant than words. He and his foundation bought the diagnostic machine that has helped thousands of cancer-stricken Montrealers. That is a proud legacy. Dave Hodge, TSN I sympathize with the NHL, but my thumb is down for the NHLs continuing inability to write an understandable rule that covers a goal scored when a puck goes into the net off an attacking players skate. I sympathize because what the NHL wants to do cant be done. It wants a rule that says some goals off skates should count, and others shouldnt. So the latest attempt requires “more demonstrable video evidence of a distinct kicking motion” to wipe out a goal or to uphold the call of “no goal.” This would be okay if we ever knew what the level of “demonstrable evidence” was previously. Then we could identify more of it when we see it in the coming season. There is a concern that a rule that allows all goals off skates would create wild attempts to kick at pucks in the crease. In fact, that is possible anywhere else on the ice, and isnt regarded as any sort of problem. The “kicked goal” rule is and always will be until it no longer exists. Mitchell Trubisky Bears Jersey . - Defensive end-linebacker Mike Neal apparently is returning to the Packers. Mitchell Trubisky Youth Jersey . Granato was an assistant for the Pittsburgh Penguins for the last five seasons, and he was also part of Team USAs staff at the 2014 Olympics.SAO PAULO, Brazil -- Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari resigned after the team failed to win the World Cup, the Brazilian Football Confederation said Monday. Scolari promised to win the tournament at home, but Brazil was eliminated in the semifinals by a disastrous 7-1 loss to eventual champion Germany that matched the national teams worst defeat in its 100-year history. Brazil also lost 3-0 to the Netherlands in the third-place match. Scolaris contract ended after the World Cup and he handed over the command of the team after Saturdays match, saying it would be up to the confederation to decide whether he would remain at the helm of the five-time world champions. In a statement, the confederation said President Jose Maria Marin accepted what it called "Scolaris resignation." "Scolari and his staff deserve our respect and our gratitude," the statement said. "They were responsible for making the Brazilian people regain their love for the Selecao even though we did not reach our greater goal (of winning the title)." Scolaris replacement was not immediately announced. Assistant Carlos Alberto Parreira, the coach who led Brazil to the 1994 World Cup title, was also leaving. The confederation said Marin would give further explanations in a news conference on Thursday. Scolari, who led Brazil to the 2002 World Cup title, had said after Brazils loss to the Netherlands that he would turn in a report of his work with the national team and Marin would then analyze what he would like to do. Scolari publicly apologized to fans after the loss to Germany, saying he knows it will never be forgotten, and defended his work with Brazil since returning iin late 2012. Mitchell Trubisky Womens Jersey. In 29 matches, he led the nation to 19 wins, six draws and four losses. Brazil won last years Confederations Cup, the World Cup warm-up tournament. "I dont think you can analyze the entire work based on only one disastrous result," Scolari said after Brazils loss to the Dutch. "I think the job was well done." The once-popular coach was loudly booed by fans after Brazil ended the home tournament on Saturday. Despite high expectations, Brazil struggled throughout the competition, finishing with three wins, two draws and two losses. Scolari had been betting on young striker Neymar to carry the team to the title, but he was shelved by a back injury in the quarterfinals. Scolari was picked to lead the 2014 team mostly because of his popularity and experience from the 2002 title, but many critics said he was outdated as a coach. Before rejoining the national team, Scolari was coming off relegation in the Brazilian league with traditional club Palmeiras. Among those touted to replace Scolari are Tite and Muricy Ramalho, who have been successful with local clubs in recent years. Ramalho is a four-time Brazilian champion, while Tite led popular Corinthians to the Club World Cup title in 2012. There is also talk in local media about international coaches, including Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, and Chiles Argentine coach Jorge Sampaoli. Brazils next official tournament is the 2015 Copa America. The team is expected to play four friendlies this year, the first one against Colombia on Sept. 5 in Miami. It will also play Ecuador on Sept. 8 in New York, Argentina on Oct. 11 in Beijing and Turkey on Nov. 12 in Istanbul. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '