F Nikola Jokic was called for a flagrant foul in the third, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Aug 2 '18
With a goal in the U. Kevin Kiermaier Jersey .S. womens opener in Brazil, Alex Morgan proclaimed that shes poised for another Olympic outburst.Morgan, finally healthy after a few years with various injury battles, scored in the teams 2-0 victory over New Zealand in the opening group stage match in Belo Horizonte.The reigning World Cup champion U.S. team faces France on Saturday at Mineirao Stadium as the Olympic tournament continues. The top-ranked Americans are seeking their fourth straight gold medal in the sport, and fifth overall.Both the U.S. and No. 3 France sit atop their group with wins. Les Bleues defeated Colombia 4-0 in their opener.For me the injuries kept me from progressing, it kind of kept me a little bit at a standstill because I wasnt able to work on the things that I felt like made me more of a complete forward, she said. So once the injuries left me last year I felt like I was actually able to focus on the small details to help me improve on the big stage.Morgans star rose quickly following the 2011 World Cup in Germany. At 22, she was the youngest player on the U.S. World Cup team, becoming a super sub and scoring a goal and an assist in the final against Japan.She really broke through in 2012, with an impressive 28 goals and 21 assists. Her big moment came at the 2012 London Games, when her extra-time game-winner in the semifinals against Canada sent the U.S. into the final against Japan. Incidentally, during group play in London, Morgan also scored a pair of goals against France.But she has struggled with a few inopportune injures over the past three years. Late in 2013, she injured her left ankle during training camp, then injured it again during the teams CONCACAF World Cup qualifying tournament in 2014.She was hampered by a bone bruise in her knee before last years World Cup and was eased back into the lineup cautiously, used as a sub in the first two matches in Canada.Following the World Cup, she had a minor procedure on her right knee.So far shes had a fantastic 2016 with 12 goals -- her first year in double figures since 2012. Among the goals was a stoppage-time game-winner against France during the She Believes Cup.Morgans role has changed in the absence of prolific striker Abby Wambach, who retired late last year. Coach Jill Ellis said before the Olympics that shed be asking more from Morgan.Shes healthy, shes fit, shes mentally in a good place, shes scoring goals, and so I think its a lot of similar feelings in terms of how she felt in 2012 to now, Ellis said. But in her game I think she has grown in terms of her movement, her running off the ball, her timing, her touch. I think shes making strides in that area.Morgans latest goal came 34 seconds into the second half Wednesday against New Zealand. After reigning World Player of the Year Carli Lloyd put the Americans ahead with a header in the ninth minute, Morgan padded the lead with a low left-footed shot off a quick pass from Morgan Brian.It was Morgans fifth Olympic goal, pulling her into third place with Mia Hamm and Tiffany Milbrett. Lloyd leads the current Olympians with seven.The United States is now 15-0-1 in 2016. Morgans 12 goals, which lead the team, are the result of hard work.My first couple of steps, my finishing in the box -- those were some of the things I focused on a little more. I did some more personal training. It was a combination of things I was able to improve over the course of six to eight months, she said. So finally Im seeing everything paying off from being injury free and healthy and being able to work on the small details. It feels really good.Morgan said Friday she feels like this season may turn out even better than 2012.I feel like Ive surpassed anywhere Ive been in the past, whether thats in 2011 or 2012 and I feel more like a complete player, she said. Hopefully this tournament will show that. Cheap Rays Jerseys China . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Sergio Romo Jersey . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. http://www.cheapraysjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-chris-archer-jersey . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Andre Drummond bounced back from a couple quiet games, and the Detroit Pistons breezed to another easy victory at home.Drummond had 19 points and 20 rebounds, and Detroit beat the Denver Nuggets 103-86 on Saturday night. The Pistons have won all four of their home games this season by double digits, and they havent trailed by more than three points in any of them. They were never behind Saturday after scoring the games first 10 points.Drummond had only six points in a loss at Brooklyn on Wednesday night, and only nine in a win over New York the previous night.I wasnt myself the past two games, Drummond said. I wasnt playing with energy and I wasnt doing things Im supposed to do to help my team win games.The Pistons were all playing with purpose at the beginning of Saturdays game. Drummond threw down a one-handed dunk off an alley-oop pass from Ish Smith in transition to put Detroit up 8-0, and Denver took a quick timeout. It was 16-2 when the Nuggets called time again, and by the time the first quarter ended, Denver was 5 of 27 from the field and trailed 29-12.I thought in the first quarter, our defense was the best its been all year, and maybe as good as its been since Ive been here, Detroit coach Stan Van Gundy said. We were really on it, and it was making more than one, two efforts on every possession.It was 51-44 at halftime and 77-67 after three, then the Pistons started the fourth quarter with another 10-0 run and the rout was on again.Were only five games in, but theres been a pattern for four straight games where weve gotten down by 15, 18, Denver coach Michael Malone said. It was 20-4 to start the game. Were paid professionals. You have to be ready to play.Marcus Morris and Jon Leuer scored 15 points each for Detroit, and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope added 13. Wilson Chandler led Denver with 21 points. Cheap Rays Jerseys. TIP-INSNuggets: Denver was averaging 31.8 points in the third quarter this season, the second-best mark in the league. The Nuggets were held to 23 by Detroit. ... F Nikola Jokic was called for a flagrant foul in the third, and Drummond made both free throws after Denver had cut a 14-point lead to nine.Pistons: Detroit (4-2) is off to a solid start despite the absence of PG Reggie Jackson, who has been dealing with knee issues. ... The Pistons recovered nicely on defense after allowing a 71-point first half against Brooklyn. ... Drummond went 7 of 11 from the free throw line.MILESTONEDrummond had three blocked shots, bringing his career total to 500.Not enough, he joked. Its definitely a good milestone, and thanks to my teammates for letting their man get by them.Drummond finished one point short of what would have been his 11th career game with at least 20 points and 20 rebounds.CHANGESMalone was understandably displeased with his teams performance at the beginning of the game, and he indicated the starting lineup would be altered.We were flat everywhere, it wasnt just offensively, Malone said. Our defense was horrendous. They did whatever they wanted. It was the fifth game in a row where our starting group came out asleep, so were not going to have the same starting lineup (Sunday) night.Chandler wasnt about to dispute the coachs reaction.I can understand his frustration, Chandler said. Us as players individually, were frustrating ourselves.UP NEXTNuggets: Visit Boston on Sunday night.Pistons: Start a four-game trip against the Clippers in Los Angeles on Monday night.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '