Roger Craig Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Meckerecke
Mitglied
linzhihong18 Sep 12 '18

HOUSTON — There were moments during the recently completed road trip when Evan Gattis‘ teammates appeared to relish his run-production exploits more than he did Roger Craig Jersey , scenes emblematic of the prevailing fondness for the Houston Astros‘ bearded designated hitter.

Gattis is among the many catalysts for the Astros, who take a 12-game winning streak into Tuesday’s game with the Tampa Bay Rays.

The Astros tied the club record set in 1999 and matched in 2004 when Alex Bregman delivered the game-winning single in the ninth inning in a 5-4 victory.

Before Bregman’s hit, Gattis was named American League Player of the Week, earning the honor for the first time in his six-season career.

Gattis hit .417 (10-for-24) with four homers and 15 RBIs for the week, the latter total representing seven more than any other player in the league.

Gattis has been a house aflame this month, leading the majors with 23 RBIs. That total leaves him six shy of the club record of 29 set by Jimmy Wynn in 1967 and matched by Jose Cruz in 1984.

On May 19, Gattis was mired in an extended season-opening slump and was batting .209. He recorded three multi-hit games over his next five starts and has wielded a hot bat ever since.

“I’m thrilled for Gatty because to know him is to know how much he carries the burden of being the DH most nights,” Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. “And he’s very emotional about it. He wants to contribute; he wants to do well. Had a rough start to the season and going through a few swing changes and a lot of work behinds the scenes and then he busts out and literally carries us for the better part of the road trip.

“For him to be rewarded with that recognition nationally is awesome. For the reaction inside with his teammates and coaches, everybody feels pretty good about him.”

Right-hander Justin Verlander (9-2, 1.61 ERA) will start for the Astros (49-25) on Tuesday. He leads the AL in ERA, WHIP (0.76), opponent batting average (.160) and OPS (.493) while ranking second in innings (100 1/3) and fourth in strikeouts (120).

He is 8-3 with a 3.29 ERA over 16 career starts against the Rays Gareon Conley Jersey , failing to record a decision when he allowed two runs on six hits and five walks with six strikeouts over seven innings in a 5-3 win on June 15, 2017, with Detroit.

Left-hander Blake Snell (8-4, 2.58 ERA) gets the nod for the Rays (33-39). He is 0-1 with a 7.50 ERA over three career starts against Houston, failing to log more than five innings in any of those outings. Snell has made two starts at Minute Maid Park, going 0-1 with a 9.00 ERA.

Snell has yielded two or fewer runs in 12 of 15 starts this season, tied with Verlander and Yankees right-hander Luis Severino for the most such starts in the AL. That total includes eight starts surrendering one run or fewer, the second-best mark in the AL behind Verlander (nine).

The Rays’ pitcher usage remains a topic of conversation throughout the majors, with the collapse by Romo only fueling those with dissenting opinions on the strategy of employing multiple bullpen days per week. Six pitchers preceded Romo on Monday, with right-hander Matt Andriese producing the longest outing of 2 2/3 innings in Tampa Bay’s 10th loss in its last 11 road games.

“This is a tough one, no doubt,” Rays manager Kevin Cash said. “We sold out to win a ballgame. We got aggressive with the moves; they got aggressive on their side with the pinch hitting. It all basically worked in our favor until the last inning. Leadoff walk Mike Pouncey Jersey , a couple tough pitches, a couple odd things took place and then Bregman comes up and gets a big hit.”

Days before opening training camp, the Cleveland Browns learned Josh Gordon will be missing again.

For how long remains unclear.

The troubled wide receiver, who has been suspended numerous times over the past six years by the NFL for drug violations, said on Twitter that he won't be with the team for the start of camp as he continues to recover from addictions that have derailed his once-promising career.

Gordon has missed two full years after being indefinitely suspended by Commissioner Roger Goodell and hasn't played a complete season since 2013, when he led the league in yards receiving and scored nine touchdowns.

While Gordon's social media post was vague, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said the 27-year-old has not been suspended.

"We will address the matter at the appropriate time," McCarthy said in an email to The Associated Press, adding "there's no timetable" on Gordon's return.

Gordon's disclosure came as the Browns are preparing to begin camp under coach Hue Jackson following a 0-16 season.

The team overhauled its roster during the offseason, adding former Buffalo quarterback Tyrod Taylor, Pro Bowl receiver Jarvis Landry and a few other potential starters in trades before drafting Heisman Trophy-winning QB Baker Mayfield with the first overall pick.

Gordon had been a major part of Cleveland's plans for 2018, but those could now be on hold.

In recent weeks Marshawn Lynch Jersey , rumors that Gordon failed a drug test circulated on social media. But it wasn't until he posted his message Monday that it became known he could be sidelined again.

"I am reaching out to you all personally and letting you know that I am not only doing great physically but mentally as well," Gordon wrote in a statement directed to "my Cleveland Browns and NFL Family."

"You will notice that I will not be in Cleveland for the start of training camp. Rest assured, this, too, is a part of my overall health and treatment plan. I appreciate the awesome support I have received from teammates, friends, fans, and the Browns organization. Just like you, I am excited to start the season and I have every intention of being ready and available to join my teammates soon to help bring winning football to our fans."

Gordon later followed up with a tweet that said, "Thanks again.. See ya soon."

Because he is in Stage 3 of the NFL's substance-abuse program, Gordon is subject to random drug testing. He faces another indefinite suspension for any violation.

Gordon has missed 43 of Cleveland's past 48 games because of suspensions. Last year, he was reinstated by Goodell following a three-month stay in a rehab facility. He returned for the Browns' final five games and caught 18 passes for 335 yards and a touchdown.

Before he returned Jack Tatum Jersey , Gordon revealed the depths of his substance abuse, saying he had never played in an NFL game sober.

Gordon participated in Cleveland's offseason programs, and the team has been encouraged by his commitment to staying clean and active.

Browns general manager John Dorsey said the team has Gordon's back.

"We will continue to support Josh as he receives the care needed to maintain his progress," Dorsey said. "We are going to respect his privacy while he is away from the team. Josh will be placed on the non-football illness reserve list until he is ready to return."

Cleveland will have its first practice Thursday. Gordon's announcement is another blow to an organization trying to rebuild following numerous losing seasons. The Browns haven't been to the playoffs since 2002 and have lost at least 10 games in 15 seasons since 1999.

During minicamp last month, Gordon claimed to be in the best shape of his life and boasted that with he and Landry, the Browns had the league's best receiving corps.

Gordon also said he felt fortunate to be getting another chance.

"Right now for me it's a bunch of the small victories day to day, just being able to come to work," he said on June 12. "Like the little, little things. Having some structure in my life."

Gordon has played in just 40 career games since the Browns selected him in the 2012 supplemental draft.

Jacksonville Jaguars Elite Jerseys