rebounds on his 34th birthday. ... Durant was issued a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
zgr123 Mai 9 '17
COLLINGWOOD, Ont. Randy Johnson Jersey . a€“ All signs point to the Maple Leafs having their top offseason acquisition in the lineup on opening night. Stephane Robidas, who broke his right leg for the second time in a matter of months in April, told TSN.ca that he expects to be ready when Toronto hosts Montreal a week from now in the season opener. The 37-year-old will participate in his first exhibition game on Friday. Yeah, I think so, he said of playing against the team that drafted him on Oct. 8th. I feel great on the ice. The plan is to play the game Friday against Detroit and after that weve got a few more practices with the team. I expect to be ready for that first game. Robidas has spent nine of the past 10 months rehabbing his right leg, which he broke twice in two separate places for two different teams in two separate games last season. It was an unbelievably wretched set of luck for a player with 885 games of NHL experience. The first injury occurred at the end of November in a home game against Chicago. Defending Jonathan Toews as he hovered dangerously on a Blackhawks power-play, Robidass right leg gave out from under him as he slid helplessly into the end boards on what proved to be his final shift with the Stars, with whom he had spent 11 seasons. Robidas was wheeled off the American Airlines Center ice for what would be the first of two times that season. Dealt to Anaheim on Mar. 4th, Robidas made his Ducks debut exactly two weeks later. On the 10th shift of his 17th game with the club - a playoff game against his former team no less - Robidas went for a loose puck just outside the Anaheim crease and was undercut by former teammate, Ryan Garbutt. It was the same right knee a€“ albeit just above the last fracture a€“ hed broken more than three months earlier. When it happened I didnt really know what to say, Robidas said from the Leafs team-building experience in Colllingwood, which is located about two hours north of Toronto. Theres things you control and theres other things that you dont control and thats one of those that I had no control over that. I did the proper rehab, I did everything I had to do and it was just an accident. Inked to a three-year deal with Toronto on July 1st, Robidas spent the offseason months working through a familiar recovery process. However frustrating, painful and bothersome, the first rehab experience left him better prepared for the months of work that lied ahead this past summer. And unlike that first injury, Robidas wasnt on any hurried clock for return this time around. After the first break at the outset of winter, he was racing back for a hopeful Stars playoff berth - which eventually became a union with the wests top team in Anaheim. I think mentally knowing exactly what I was going to go through it was a lot easier, he said of the process, which took more than five months, considerably longer than the first go of it. Though confident in his ability to play this season, the Leafs werent sure, previously, that Robidas would be ready when the year opened against Montreal. Dave Nonis, the teams general manager, said he was hopeful when training camp opening in mid-September. It still remains to be seen how rusty hell be upon his return, but Robidas will at least have the benefit of a weeks worth of practice and that final exhibition game on Friday. Thats a big deal for a player who was markedly behind the furious pace of a playoff chase when he returned in mid-March last season. At least you get a game, he said. Whenever I came back [last time] that first game was really fast. We played Washington in Anaheim and it was like whoa. Everything was so fast. Everything was so fast. By the second game I was already more [comfortable]. It took me a good five or six games before I could say I started feeling really good. But just by the second game I felt like a big difference. Robidass availability for the opener is also a big deal for the Leafs, who lost Cody Franson to a bruised left knee over the weekend. Franson suffered no structural damage on a scary play that saw Torrey Mitchell shove him into the end-boards, but the team has no timeline yet for his return and he was walking with a notable limp on Wednesday. Robidas is likely to play alongside Dion Phaneuf on the teams top pair. Ken Griffey Jersey . Following the Ford Womens World Curling Championship gold medal match that attracted record-breaking audiences to TSN, the networks exclusive live coverage of the tournament begins Saturday at 7am et/4am pt with Canadas opening draw against Denmark. Joaquin Benoit Jersey . "This is my city," the Toronto native said upon his arrival Wednesday night. And the 35-year-old former league MVP says he is hoping to making 2014 a memorable year.OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Lakers caught the Thunder by surprise on Sunday. Los Angeles had no such luck in the rematch. Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant scored 29 points apiece, and Oklahoma City avenged Sundays surprising loss to the Lakers by rolling past them 131-102 Thursday night. Lakers guard Jodie Meeks, who scored a career-high 42 points on Sunday, was held to 19 on 6-for-15 shooting. Westbrook said the Thunder didnt pay extra attention to Meeks. "We just did what we did," Westbrook said. "He just happened to get lucky the first time. We aint worried about what Jodie Meeks does. Were just worried about playing Thunder defence." Westbrook shot poorly against Lakers on Sunday, but he made 9 of 17 shots and had nine assists in 23 minutes in the rematch. Hes become more focused on passing and has been more efficient since his return from knee surgery. "Its real fun, especially when we win," he said. "As long as we continue to do a good job of playing together and everybody gets in a good groove, I think well be all right." Serge Ibaka added 15 points, 13 rebounds and a season-high seven blocks for the Thunder, who won their second straight and climbed within half a game of San Antonio for the top record in the Western Conference. "We knew they were going to be ready, especially here at home," Lakers centre Pau Gasol said. "Theyre playing for trying to get the best record in the league, were not. Theyre situation is just a tiny bit different than ours. " Kent Bazemore scored 16 points and Gasol added 14 for the Lakers. Los Angeles allowed at least 131 points for the fourth time in five games. "I didnt think we were focused coming out like we were Sunday, and you cant do that against this team," Lakers coach Mike DAntoni said. "We cant lose them in transition two or three times. Theyre a good offensive team, so if you give them extra points, then you are going to get beat." The Lakers trimmed an 18-point deficit to 11 in the second quarteer before Westbrook returned from a brief rest to ignite a 13-1 run that gave the Thunder a 52-29 lead. Ichiro Suzuki Mariners Jersey. Oklahoma City led 60-46 at halftime. Westbrook had 14 points and six assists in 15 minutes and Durant had 13 points. The Thunder outrebounded the Lakers 33-16 in the first half and held them to 37 per cent shooting. Durant, who rarely gets into foul trouble, picked up his fourth with 10:16 left in the third quarter. Ryan Kelly hit a 3-pointer with 7:30 left in the period to cut Oklahoma Citys lead to 69-58, causing the Thunder to call a timeout. Oklahoma Citys Caron Butler hit a 3-pointer right out of the short break and Ibaka followed with a midrange jumper to boost the advantage to 16 points. Westbrook drained a 3-pointer to push Oklahoma Citys lead to 23 midway through the quarter, and Westbrook wore a broad smile as the Lakers called timeout. By the time Durant re-entered the game, Oklahoma City led 90-68. "When the game was kind of getting out of whack, I just felt like it was the right time to pass the ball, rebound or score, or whatever it took to get us over the hump and keep us rolling," Westbrook said. In the final seconds of the third quarter, Ibaka swatted a shot by Xavier Henry and the Thunder rebounded. Butler hit a 3-pointer in the final second of the period to push Oklahoma Citys lead to 101-77. "I think its hard to play the same team twice back-to-back so that was a little difficult, but it is what it is," Gasol said. "We cant make any excuses and we have to deal with it." NOTES: Thunder G Andre Roberson, who has spent much of the season in the D-League, got his fifth start. ... Westbrook scored nine points in the first four minutes, including a dunk to start the game. ... The Thunder shot 57 per cent in the first quarter and led 33-19 at the end of the period. The Lakers shot just 31 per cent in the first 12 minutes. ... Butler had 11 points and six rebounds on his 34th birthday. ... Durant was issued a technical foul with 23 seconds left in the first half. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '