position by being too aggressive, | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Nov 2 '18
NEW YORK -- Fans loudly chanted the names of starters in the first inning, waiting for each to acknowledge the salute. Brice Butler Jersey . Only it was a contingent of Los Angeles Dodgers fans in the left-field corner, not the Yankee Stadium Bleacher Creatures.Its always fun when you hear that call go through everybody, Dodgers rookie Corey Seager said. Thats always exciting. It was cool.Seager singled twice and drove in a run on the former field of his childhood hero, Derek Jeter, and fellow rookie Jose De Leon won in his second big league start to help the NL West-leading Dodgers beat the AL wild-card chasing Yankees 8-2 in Mondays series opener.Los Angeles (81-62) reopened a four-game lead over second-place San Francisco, which lost to San Diego. After the game, the Dodgers saluted their traveling fans.That energy picked us up a lot, manager Dave Roberts said. We might have caught the Yankees fans off-guard a little bit.Dodgers fans unfurled a large blue-and-white LA banner over their heads in the manner of soccer supporters in the third, prompting boos from the majority of the crowd of 32,058, and they raised a second banner during the seventh-inning stretch. The group calls itself Pantone 294 -- named after the Dodgers official color -- and arrived from the West Coast on six flights, according to its website.Seager said a Roll Call isnt as effective at Dodger Stadium, known for late-arriving fans battling traffic.It doesnt always work at home, he said. They kind of stopped halfway through, but that one was loud.De Leon (2-0), a 24-year-old right-hander from Puerto Rico, beat San Diego at home on Sept. 4 in big league debut, the 15th starting pitcher used by the Dodgers this season. A Boston Red Sox fan in his youth, De Leon allowed two runs and three hits in five innings.It was electric, everything I expected, he said. I was actually a little more nervous than I was in LA. Since I grew up a Red Sox fan I really wanted to beat the Yankees.Aaron Judge dropped Chase Utleys fly ball to the right-field warning track in the second and catcher Gary Sanchez threw wildly to second base in the third, the errors leading to four unearned runs and a 6-1 lead. Yasiel Puig pinch hit in the eighth and drove an opposite-field home run over the right-field short porch, and Justin Turner homered to nearly the same spot in the ninth, his 27th this season.Dodgers-Yankees is among baseballs most prestigious interleague matchups, with New York winning eight of 11 World Series meetings. The Dodgers, who left Brooklyn for Los Angeles after the 1957 season, made their only prior regular-season trip to Yankee Stadium in 2013, splitting a doubleheader.Seager remembered all the times Jeter was saluted in the Roll Call.I see it from both sides, he said. As a fan you dont like seeing the other team do it, but being out there and your team doing it is also really cool. So Im kind of stuck in the middle on that one.THAT STEALRoberts was at Yankee Stadium for the first time since the 2004 AL Championship Series at the old ballpark. With the Yankees ahead 3-0 in the series and leading Boston 4-3 in the ninth inning of Game 4 at Fenway Park, Roberts pinch ran and stole second. Bill Mueller following with a tying single off Mariano Rivera, the Red Sox won in 12 innings and went on to take the pennant. Im not well received at the airport when I make my way into New York-LaGuardia, JFK, Roberts said.PLATE ROTATIONAdrian Gonzalez was the Dodgers DH, and Andre Ethier and Turner are scheduled for DH days during the remainder of the series.HES BACKPuig has three homers in 14 at-bats since his return from the minors.TRAINERS ROOMDodgers: LHP Rich Hill, removed from Saturdays start at Miami after seven perfect innings and 89 pitches, is to start Thursdays series opener at Arizona. Roberts took Hill out for fear a blister issue on his pitching hand could recur.UP NEXTLHP Julio Urias (5-3) starts for the Dodgers on Tuesday and LHP CC Sabathia (8-12) for the Yankees. Urias, 20, is 4-0 with a 1.44 ERA in his last five games (four starts). He lasted just 2 2/3 innings in his big league debut at Citi Field in May. Kurt Warner Jersey . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. Travell Dixon Jersey . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. http:///...-reddick-jersey-sale . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. SEATTLE -- While the celebration was underway on the far corner of the field, Washington was already starting the process of regrouping.Theres no more wiggle room for any slipups by the Huskies after seeing Sam Darnold and Southern California expose them in a way no one else has this season.I just think its hard when you lose and you put so much into it, but well regroup, Washington coach Chris Petersen said. Well be back. These kids are going to be resilient and well reload and see what weve got.The Huskies (9-1, 6-1 Pac-12) dropped three spots to No. 7 in the latest AP Top 25 after their 26-13 loss to USC on Saturday night. The bigger question is where Washington will land when the College Football Playoff rankings are released Tuesday and whether there remains a viable path for the Huskies to find their way into the top four without major upsets.But the playoff positioning was secondary for the Huskies in the aftermath of the loss to the Trojans. Washingtons defense -- which had been regarded as maybe the best in the Pac-12 -- was exposed by USC because Darnold was rarely pressured, and it suffered another big loss with linebacker Azeem Victor expected out for the season after a leg injury.Darnold threw for 287 yards and two touchdowns, showing poise and playmaking in a hostile atmosphere. It wasnt for Washingtons lack of effort. The Huskies thrived for most of the season by being able to get pressure in the pass game without having to bring extra defenders. Blitzing had been done in specific spots but not as the primary method to cause disruption.That plan changed against USC -- but didnt bring the desired results. Washington blitzed regularly, whether it was bringing linebackers up the middle or occasionally defensive backs off the edge. USCs defensive line was excellent at stemming the pressure and when defenders got to the backfield, Darnold used his athleticism to slip tacklerrs and extend plays with his feet. Bene Benwikere Jersey. The final result was Washington getting only one sack.I think you got to bring what you got to bring, Petersen said. They did a good job of mixing up their calls, I thought, and the bootleg hurt us. ... So youre trying to mix it up there a little bit. I think overall, the defense was solid enough. I dont think it was an outstanding game by any phase of our team. Part of thats a credit to those guys, to USC, it is. They played good. They played hard and whooped us pretty good.Washingtons pass rush was already lagging since the loss of sack-leader Joe Mathis, who injured his foot during the Huskies bye week. Petersen announced last week that Mathis would undergo surgery and is likely done for the season. In the four games since Mathis went out, Washington has just four total sacks. Before Mathis was lost, Washington was averaging four sacks per game.What Washington lost with Mathis was pressure from the edge. What it loses with the expected loss of Victor may be more.While he was occasionally out of position by being too aggressive, Victor was Washingtons best tackler. He also called the defense for the Huskies, a role fellow linebacker Keishawn Bierria had to inherit midgame on Saturday. D.J. Beavers took over for Victor and finished with six tackles but also had his inexperience exposed at times, especially on USCs final touchdown, when tight end Daniel Imatorbhebhe slipped behind Beavers and caught an 8-yard TD at the back of the end zone.We hate losing a guy like that, but like any situation playing football, guys get hurt, Washington cornerback Kevin King said. D.J. got in there. He filled in and did his job. Next man up.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball JerseysCheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaWholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL JerseysCheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '