n, but it is going to be something meaningful for | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Aug 29 '17
This weeks Big Question: What do you think of the concussion protocol?Wayne Gretzky: In the old days, it was like, Take two aspirin, come to practice tomorrow, skate for two hours and youll sweat it out. Wayne Gretzky Oilers Jersey . Weve come a long ways. Its just trying to recognize they want to protect the players the best way possible. Again, weve learned so much about concussions and yet theres so much more to learn from every side, from the doctors point of view, from the athletes point of view. Were still at the beginnings of this. They have to do whatever they can to protect the athlete.Auston Matthews, C, Toronto Maple Leafs:?I think its pretty important, all these head injuries today, its really important stuff that can affect you long-term. I think its pretty important that they definitely make the right call and not take any chances on that. It could be pretty devastating.Kevin Bieksa, D, Anaheim Ducks: Ive seen our trainer ask defensemen, Did you get hit there? How did you feel? I havent been through it yet. Im not sure how its working. You can always trick a trainer if you want to. Theres still a lot of onus on the players. I know referees will come by and ask you sometimes if they think you got hit or theyll tell the trainer, Have a look at this guy in between periods. Its a good thing. I know what theyre trying to do because most of the time, the way were wired, were not going to leave the game unless we dont know where we are, unless were confused, unless were clearly concussed. A lot of these minor concussions where sometimes maybe we should step back, we would never do on our own, so its good to have somebody else take over.David Backes, C, Boston Bruins:?I think its necessary. Its similar to something we did in St. Louis in my time there, you just get pulled away for a second. You get a chance to catch your breath and get a chance to talk with the doc, he gets to look at you and you can have your say, Yeah, Im feeling all right or Im just not feeling right. Those 10 minutes that youre away from the game could save you 10 games missed, or 10 months missed as in some of these cases, and youre not getting that second-concussion syndrome, which could be career threatening. I just think its a small inconvenience throughout the process of a game that could save you a lot of time. You only get one brain and you want to take care of it.Guys are starting to smarten up and the culture is starting to accept that more that those are intelligent decisions, rather than thinking with your heart and pushing through anything that you have.If its a bruise or a sprain, that hockey mentality still exists, but an orthopedic surgeon can mend the other parts of your body. The neuroscience guys havent figured out how to undo concussion effects time and time again. The brain is a very fragile thing and you want to take care of it, and the rest of our body were going to sacrifice like crazy to win games and thats the beauty of the game. But were just being a lot smarter. Were using our brains to protect our brains.Brent Burns, D, San Jose Sharks: The protocol, I really do think its what has to happen, whether you like it or not. Were all the same, we can all say the same stuff to other guys, If you think youre not right, youve got to get out. Youve got to say it. And then you get yourself dinged and you think youre fine. You convince yourself. I think as humans were really good at adapting and overcoming things. You hurt your ankle? You limp, youre fine, you can still walk. Pull your groin? Your hammy takes over. We adapt and overcome. When you get a concussion and youre not feeling right, youre just, Ah, I probably just didnt have a good enough nap. I didnt eat good last night. Tomorrow Ill be better. It has to be taken out of the players hands. ... There are things we still dont know. Were still learning so much. Its hard to diagnose. As individuals, its hard sometimes to know what youre feeling. I dont feel right, what does that mean? Your ears, your sinuses, your eyes, did you feel s----- today? I got smoked in the mouth and Ive got a bad headache. Yeah, I lost three teeth, I should have a headache. But is it a brain injury? Or is it: mouth, sore, smashed my neck and my head almost fell off. Who knows? You go through the testing.Aaron Ekblad, D, Florida Panthers: I think lifestyle, in the sense of being healthy, is more important. You dont want to end up having too many of those problems -- concussions -- while playing, then end up being a vegetable when youre older, so you kind of have to understand that as a player. Its been a hard realization for me, but after the last couple I realized theres life outside of hockey, there are another 12 hours in a day where youve got to be a normal person, so its important to protect yourself and be protected by other people, and the league is taking that initiative and its a good step.Joe Thornton, C, San Jose Sharks: I know hockey players are tough guys and they want to play through anything and everything, but when there is a questionable hit to the head, I think its good you take five minutes out of your game to go in and make sure youre OK. So I think its great idea.Cam Fowler, D, Anaheim Ducks: I think its great. I dont think you can ever have too much safety and that just means that people care and are looking after us. I know with the whole thing with?Connor [McDavid] with actually nothing being wrong and they still had to take him, youre going to deal with stuff like that every once in a while, but in the whole scheme of things, its people looking out for your best interests and thats all that really matters.Jack Capuano, coach,?New York Islanders: For me, and for people I know in my family that have gone through it, I think [the NHL] is doing whats best for the players. This is a fast, physical game and I believe with the National Hockey League and the way that its set up, that if a player gets hit and they feel that he needs to get checked out, its about health first, so Im a big believer in that. Im a big believer in making sure that you take care of the individual.Were going through a situation right now with?Mikhail Grabovski. Its a difficult situation and when you see a player like that, its tough because he was such a competitive kid, and a big part of our team, and hes not able to play now. I like the protocol the way it is and if they feel that a player needs to get checked, then Im all for it.Jarome Iginla, RW, Colorado Avalanche: Weve had them where guys have been spotted and they probably shouldve been taken out, so Ive only seen positive things with it. ... So, you do need other people helping out. Its not always the most convenient but its the right thing to do and to be cautious about it. Guys dont want to miss one game, or two games, but if they screw that up, they miss time and could be cutting years off their career and changing their lives later, so I think its the right thing.Zach Parise, C, Minnesota Wild: You know what? Its hard to argue with because of the way things are not only in our sport but other sports, too. Like football. Just with the lawsuits and stuff. Everyone is trying to take a step back and protect themselves and protect the players. At the end of the day, I think everyone is trying to protect the players and do whats best for them. I think were all trying to do whats best for everybody, and if thats what they think it is, then, yeah.Patrice Bergeron, C, Boston Bruins:?Im fine with it. Theyre trying to protect the players, but protect themselves also at the same time. Yes, sometimes some of the calls might be a little iffy because the guy is fine, but might as well make sure and go and get it checked and be 100 percent sure. I understand sometimes its late in a game and you dont want that to happen, but at the end of the day its our careers and its somewhat trying to protect us and I dont mind it.Ben Bishop, G, Tampa Bay Lightning: I dont mind it. I think its going to be good for the guys but at the same time I think theres got to be some, its got to be on the players and the medical staff on the team to decide. I dont think somebody up in the press box should make that type of call. Id be interested to see what they do in the playoffs, if theyre still going to have that rule, because Im sure therell be a lot of teams getting fined because they wont be sending guys off. Weve had, on this team, some high sticks, kind of innocent plays and theyre trying to go for [the protocol]. So maybe theyre taking it too far. I mean, its for the players safety, so you cant really argue about it. But itd be interesting to see if they change the rule for playoffs.Nazem Kadri, C, Toronto Maple Leafs: I mean, its good for the league, its better to be safe than sorry. But obviously its unfortunate that sometimes -- its happened to me before where I got taken off and I didnt really feel like being taken off. I didnt feel like I needed to go off. But like I said, they only have our best interests [in mind] and I think its good for the league.Mike Sullivan, coach, Pittsburgh Penguins: The league is certainly moving in the right direction and trying to protect our players. Having said that, it can be difficult at times when youre coaching because you can lose certain players for periods of time during the course of the game when youre trying to win games, and sometimes theyre your best players, your most influential players, so that can certainly be a challenge when youre in the heat of the battle, but its a necessary process and a necessary step that the league has taken.Eastern Conference scout: I think its needed to be done. I think its been executed in the right way in the NHL. I havent been to a game where I was like, Oh my gosh, I cant believe they pulled him off the ice. I think that dynamic might change in the playoffs, if its a star player or starting goalie and you put in a [backup goalie] in cold. Thats probably going to upset some people. At the end of the day, the most important thing is health and family. This is just a game.--Joe McDonald, Pierre LeBrun, Craig Custance, Scott Burnside Jean-Francois Jacques Oilers Jersey Authentic . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Justin Schultz Oilers Jersey .C. United of Major League Soccer. United chose the defender in the second round of the 2013 MLS re-entry draft. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/customized/ . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187.Watford manager Quique Sanchez Flores says he does not understand why English football is so expensive and wants fans to be able to watch the game for free. His remarks come after the cost of a Premier League ticket came under scrutiny this week after Liverpool supporters staged a protest during their game against Sunderland.And Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew admits he fears the Premier Leagues future could be undermined if clubs continue to raise their admission prices. Liverpool have subsequently frozen match and season ticket prices for next season while Fenway Sports Group, the clubs owners, issued an apology to their supporters in an open letter on Wednesday.While Watford are yet to reveal their pricing structure beyond this term - their most expensive ticket for their next home league match against Bournemouth is £42 - Flores wishes supporters across the land did not have to pay to watch their team. Watfords manager Quique Sanchez Flores thinks football fans should get free tickets I want to say that I would like the fans to pay as little as possible, said Flores, whose side play Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Saturday. It is an amazing love that the fans feel for their team but unfortunately football is not cheap, it is expensive.Sometimes the situation of the families is not so good, so if you are talking with me about what I think, I would like them to go for free, and if not free, cheap. I dont understand why football is expensive for the people because the football is great for the fans.But football is more and more of a business and it is difficult to think that it will ever be free. Crystal Palaces Alan Pardew believes club owners could undermine the Premier Leagues future. Mark Messier Oilers Jersey Authentic. Crystal Palace are among several clubs to have raised some ticket prices, but Pardew has urged club owners to wake up to reality as they risk alienating their own supporters. And with Selhurst Park remaining one of very few English stadiums currently retaining a traditional football atmosphere with few tourists and corporate partners watching, Pardew has emphasised the importance of the fans. The owners of the football clubs need to really consider carefully that they dont lose the core supporters that we have, he said. Because if they think its just the product on the pitch that makes the Premier League what is it, it isnt.  Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has warned that clubs could alienate fans by making football too expensive to watch Its the atmosphere. Its the drive from those core supporters that makes the atmosphere and the game unfold the way it does. You wont have those dramatic finishes, those edgy games, those really conflictual games that we have without those fans.The Premier League has also weighed in on the argument, but admitted it is unsure how it can help clubs resolve the issue.There is absolute agreement from the 20 clubs that something needs to be done to help fans with costs, a spokesman said.At the moment there is not a consensus on what form that help will take. That is what we are working on, but it is going to be something meaningful for the start of next season. Also See: Premier League video Fixtures Table Live on Sky Get Sky Sports Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '