The Giants lost to the Panthers 33-31 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
chenyan94 Dez 14 '18

on Sunday https://www.carolinapanthersfanshop.com/hats , but the result would have been different without a pair of calls by the officials on the last two drives of the game.On the final drive, running back Christian McCaffrey was ruled to have gotten a first down on a third down run and that allowed the Panthers to stop the clock before Graham Gano‘s game-winning 63-yard field goal. There was no call for a booth review of a spot that the Giants felt was short and the team had no timeout to use in order to give time for one to take place.Carolina’s previous possession saw Giants safety Landon Collins flagged for unnecessary roughness after making contact with wide receiver Devin Funchess. Collins dove to try to intercept the pass and made contact with the ball before hitting Funches,s but that didn’t stop the flag from flying.“I hit the ball first,” Collins said, via Tom Rock of聽Newsday. 鈥淭hat鈥檚 all I remember, hitting the ball and somebody hit me in the back. I thought it was my player hitting me in the back, I look down Carolina Panthers Hoodie , and it was [wide receiver聽Devin Funchess]. But I went for the ball, my eyes were on the ball, didn鈥檛 see the opposing player there. I don鈥檛 know what kind of call that was. That鈥檚 how they saw it. The call was bad. A bad call. Second week in a row we鈥檝e gotten bad calls like that.”Collins said it felt “like you鈥檙e playing against two teams out there” while defensive tackle Damon Harrison said the NFL has explaining to do after the Giants had “a win stolen” from them. Through five games Devin Funchess is averaging 4.6 receptions and 62.4 receiving yards per game, both of which are career-highs for the fourth-year wide receiver. If Funch can stay on this pace for the rest of the year his 16-game season totals will be 73 receptions for 998 yards. For the sake of easy math, let’s round up and say Devin ends the season with 75 receptions and 1,000 yards. Crossing this 75-1,000 threshold would put Funchess among the most productive receivers in the game. Per Football Reference Julius Peppers Jersey , in 2017 only 10 wide receivers had at least 75 receptions and 1,000 receiving yards, including some of the game’s elites:WRs with 75+ rec & 1,000+ yards, 2017PlayerTeamGRecYdsTDPlayerTeamGRecYdsTDConsidering Funchess is still only 24 years old and plays for a run-oriented Panthers team (Carolina’s ranks 21st in pass attempts per game this year), it’s impressive to see him on this statistical trajectory. Advanced metricsWhile traditional stats are a solid measure for wide receiver production, it also helps to see what the eggheads who grind out advanced stats think. Through Week 5 Graham Gano Jersey , Pro Football Focus ranks Funchess at the No. 27 receiver in the league and gives hims a rating of “Good.” Football Outsiders comes to a similar conclusion while using a different approach. The primary metric used by Football Outsiders to judge wide receivers is called DYAR, or Defense-Adjusted Yards Above Replacement. Per their website, DYAR “gives the value of the performance on plays where this WR caught the ball, compared to replacement level, adjusted for situation and opponent and then translated into yardage.” Football Outsiders also ranks Devin Funchess as the No. 27 receiver in the NFL in terms of DYAR. I’m not exactly sure what the perfect definition of a “No. 1 receiver” is, but based on these metrics Devin Funchess would be the best wide receiver for a handful of NFL teams, which is exactly what he is for the Carolina Panthers. Anecdotal evidence from the Washington gameFunch showed his No. 1 receiver chops on two separate plays against Washington. Both plays displayed his maturity as a route runner and his ability to channel the physical gifts found within his 6-foot-4 Ryan Kalil Color Rush Jersey , 225-pound frame. The first reception came on a second quarter touchdown. Funchess was split wide left and ran a beautiful route by faking an inside post then cutting out for a corner. Quinton Dunbar was in man coverage and bit on the inside move, allowing Funch to get some separation but Cam Newton underthrew the pass. Devin adjusted by slowing down, turning back toward the ball, then leaping up and over Dunbar to haul in the catch. Funchess physically dominated Dunbar like a mean older brother bullying a much younger and smaller sibling.The second reception highlighting his No. 1 receiver credentials was when he manhandled Josh Norman on a clutch fourth quarter reception. Funch ran a simple deep post with Norman in man coverage. Cam threw the ball high where Funchess was able to elevate and haul in the reception well above J-No’s reach. In basketball terms, Funchess looked like a power forward dunking on a shooting guard. Both traditional stats and advanced metrics show Devin Funchess is developing into a No. 1 wide receiver, as did his man-sized plays against Washington. Let’s hope the trend continues this week against the Philadelphia Eagles.