www.redskinsauthorizedshops.com | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
hongwei28 Dez 20 '18

The Chicago Cubs will have to get by without closer Brandon Morrow for a little while.

The Cubs placed the right-hander on the 10-day disabled list Wednesday because of lower back tightness Redskins Game Jerseys , leaving a short-handed bullpen without its most important piece.

While Morrow went on the DL, Yu Darvish threw a simulated game. Manager Joe Maddon said he looked ”outstanding,” and the Cubs will see how he feels Thursday before announcing the next step as he works his way back from tendinitis in his right triceps.

Morrow – signed by Chicago to a $21 million, two-year contract in December after helping the Los Angeles Dodgers beat the Cubs in the NLCS – has 16 saves in 17 chances.

He hurt his back taking his pants off at home early Monday morning, after the team returned from St. Louis. The Cubs put him on the DL before their game against the Dodgers and announced right-hander Justin Hancock will remain with the club after being called up from Triple-A Iowa as the 26th man for Tuesday’s day-night doubleheader.

”Anybody who’s had a back spasm knows you can pretty much get it doing anything – brushing your teeth, sneezing, picking up a kid,” Morrow said. ”I think almost everybody has a story about doing so I just said how I did it.”

Morrow said he’s ”pretty comfortable” walking, but feels it when he sits. He said he would have needed a few more days to be ready to pitch. But the Cubs opted not to hold his spot on the active roster.

”We thought it would be wise to give him a couple of days,” Maddon said. ”We just can’t go with one less pitcher right now. We just cannot.”

The Cubs are also missing relievers Carl Edwards Jr. (right shoulder inflammation) and Brian Duensing, who is on the bereavement list after his grandfather died Saturday.

Maddon said the matchups will dictate who closes with Morrow sidelined. He also said the Cubs are ”very close” to mapping out a plan for the return of Edwards, who has been throwing. He said the Cubs hope to get Duensing back by Friday.

Darvish Cardinals Cheap Jerseys , meanwhile, said through an interpreter that the simulated game went better than expected. He felt some anxiety before the outing but felt comfortable on the mound and had good command of his fastball and slider, though he needs to work on his curve and splitter.

Darvish also said he thinks he will need only one rehab start before rejoining the rotation. Once he is ready, the Cubs will have some decisions to make.

Mike Montgomery has a 1.21 ERA in five starts since he was inserted into the rotation in Darvish’s absence. And Tyler Chatwood leads the majors with 63 walks.

Darvish is 1-3 with a 4.95 ERA in eight starts, not what the Cubs envisioned when they signed the prized right-hander to a $126 million, six-year contract in February.

Two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcell Dareus wants to let loose. He’s dying to say how he really feels about getting dumped by the Buffalo Bills in October for a late-round draft pick.

It’s clearly gnawing at the Jacksonville Jaguars lineman.

He’s biting his lips. He’s clinching his fists. He’s swaying while he talks.

But he manages to stay on the high road – for now. His emotions surely will be more evident when Dareus and his new team, the Jaguars, host his former team , the Bills, in an AFC wild-card game Sunday.

”I’m just happy for the opportunity, man,” Dareus said this week. ”It’s just crazy. God is funny. Just don’t question his work. Just do your job.”

The 340-pound Dareus is itching to unload Falcons Cheap Jerseys , and that becomes clear when asked he’s whether it surprised him to find out what the Bills got – a sixth-round pick that became a fifth when Jacksonville made the playoffs – in return for a former first-round draft pick with 300 tackles and 35 sacks.

”They had to make a move, and it’s business,” he said. ”But you can’t act like it doesn’t hurt. It’s just ironic that we have to see these guys and it brings up old memories.”

Dareus was overwhelmed with phone calls and text messages after the Bills (9-7) landed the final playoff spot thanks to Cincinnati’s stunning, come-from-behind victory at Baltimore on Sunday. He received 170 messages during a 45-minute flight from Nashville, Tennessee, to Jacksonville, that night and hundreds more in the days since.

Most congratulated him. Some wanted tickets.

All of them know what to expect: Dareus will have extra motivation against former teammates and coaches.

”He knows those guys better than anybody in this locker room, including coaches,” Jaguars safety Tashaun Gipson said. ”It’s good to have a guy like that, especially a dominant player like him and it’s exciting that he’s on my side of the ball.”

The Jaguars (10-6) have been through already. Defensive end Calais Campbell returned to Arizona and played against his former team in late November. A week earlier, Gipson did the same to Cleveland.

”The difference is he’s playing against a playoff team and I was playing against a 0-16 team,” Gipson said. ”I think the stakes are a little higher with him Ravens Cheap Jerseys , the team that gave up on him essentially, let him come here, and he gets to face them. What an awesome opportunity.

”You can’t dream of that kind of stuff. You get to play them here, at home, in the playoffs. I mean, if anybody’s going to be hyped.”

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone expects Dareus to have a little extra juice, which could come with positive or negative results.

”I just told him to be smart,” Marrone said.

Dareus has been a solid addition to an already stout defense .

Jacksonville improved from 31st to 21st against the run since his arrival. And with Dareus making his first start since the trade last week at Tennessee, he finished with four tackles and a sack as the Jaguars held Derrick Henry to 51 yards on 28 carries.

”When opportunity presents itself, my number gets called, I’ve got to answer the phone,” Dareus said.

This is Dareus’ first playoff game in seven seasons. He had hoped it would happen with Buffalo Bills Cheap Jerseys , the team that drafted him third overall in 2011 and then gave him a six-year, $96 million contract extension in September 2015.

Instead, it comes against the Bills.

”It’ll be different,” Buffalo center Eric Wood said. ”It’s definitely a familiar face, a guy I’ve gone against probably more than anyone else in my career as far as a rep count goes, a guy I’ve texted with probably weekly since he left, but a really good ball player. I’ve definitely got to be on my game playing against him.”

Dareus called it ”comical almost” that it worked out this way. He said all the right things, holding back his true thoughts and feelings.

Gipson was much more open and honest.

”We’re going to all rally behind him,” Gipson said. ”We all know how much this means.”

AP Sports Writer John Wawrow in Buffalo, New York, contributed to this story.