I knew how to do that. I learned that after my paralysis. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Sep 16 '17
STARS-DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame, threw for a career-best 471 yards and three TDs to help the Irish beat Syracuse 50-33. Cheap NFL Black Jerseys .-Shock Linwood, Baylor, rushed for 237 yards and a TD in the 13th-ranked Bears 45-42 win over Iowa State.-Calvin Ridley, Alabama, had 174 yards and a pair of TDs on 11 catches in the top-ranked Crimson Tides 34-6 victory over Kentucky.-Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma, accounted for 329 yards and four TDs in the Sooners 52-46 victory at 21st-ranked TCU.-Kenny Hill, TCU, threw for 449 yards and five TDs in the No. 21 Frogs 52-46 loss to Oklahoma.-Ty Johnson, Maryland, ran for 204 yards and three TDs on seven carries to help the Terps breeze past Purdue 50-7.-Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State, passed for 392 yards and three TDs to help the Cowboys defeat No. 22 Texas 49-31.-Terrell Newby, Nebraska, ran for 113 of his 140 yards and scored two TDs in the fourth quarter to help the No. 15 Cornhuskers beat Illinois 31-16.-Davis Webb, California, threw for 306 yards and four TDs in a 28-23 win over No. 18 Utah.-Brad Mayes, Lehigh, threw six touchdown passes and a school-record 524 yards in a 63-35 win over Yale.-Dillon Buechel, Duquesne, threw a career-best six TDs and for 393 yards in a 54-35 win over Jacksonville.-Kegan Moore, Stetson, had eight catches for 151 yards and three TDs in a 31-27 comeback win over Davidson.-Kerryon Johnson, Auburn, rushed for 146 yards and a pair of scores to lead the Tigers to a 58-7 win over Louisiana-Monroe.-Devlin Hodges, Samford, threw for 316 yards and four TDs in a 28-26 win over Wofford.-Malik Earl, Missouri State, had 11 catches for 161 yards and two TDs in a 45-24 win over Indiana State.-Paris Penn, Portland State, ran for 184 yards and a school-record four TDs as the Vikings defeated Idaho State 45-20.---HAIL ROCKY TOPTennessees work on last-second plays couldnt have worked out any better: a Hail Mary that gave the Volunteers their most improbable comeback yet.Jauan Jennings hauled in a 43-yard pass from Joshua Dobbs on the final play, leaving No. 11 Tennessee with a stunning 34-31 victory over No. 25 Georgia after the Bulldogs appeared to win the game on a long TD pass of their own with 10 seconds remaining.In all, the teams combined for three touchdowns in the final 3 minutes.It started with Tennessee recovering a Georgia fumble in the end zone, then Georgias Jacob Eason tossed a 47-yard touchdown pass to fellow freshman Riley Ridley.With the Sanford Stadium crowd celebrating like their team had won, Tennessee took the kickoff into position to take one shot at the end zone.Dobbs hurled a towering pass and Jennings leaped above the scrum to make the catch, sending Tennessees bench charging onto the field to celebrate.---BUCKEYES SPOIL ASHS RETURNThe talk all week was whether former Ohio State assistant and current Rutgers coach Chris Ash could take advantage of his familiarity with the Buckeyes defense.The answer: Forget about it.The stifling Ohio State defense overwhelmed the Scarlet Knights on the way to methodical 58-0 dismantling at Ohio Stadium.J.T. Barrett broke the school record for career touchdown passes with the third of his four TD tosses, and the surging Buckeyes gave Ash a rude welcome in his return to The Horseshoe after spending the past two seasons as a co-defensive coordinator there.No. 2 Ohio States superb defense never allowed the Scarlet Knights to penetrate deeper than the Ohio State 38 yard line. Barrett has 59 career TD passes.---NUMBERS0-Points allowed by No. 13 Baylor in the fourth quarter this season.3-Blocked extra points by Oklahoma State in 49-31 win over No. 22 Texas, matching a school record.5-Interceptions by Virginia in its 34-20 victory over Duke, matching the school record .31-Straight games with a TD by Coastal Carolinas DeAngelo Henderson, extending his Division I record . He also eclipsed 4,000 career yards to become the Buccaneers all-time leading rusher.200-Career victories by Miami coach Mark Richt after the No. 14 Hurricanes beat Georgia Tech 35-21. NFL Jerseys Authentic . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. NFL Jerseys Store Cheap . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. http://www.officialnfllockroom.com/ . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. LAKEVILLE, Minn. -- In late December, three months after Mallory Weggemann swims at the Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, she will be married in Minneapolis. With the help of a wedding planner, Weggemann worked out every detail, including a walk down the aisle that almost certainly will have everyone holding their breath.Weggemann, 27, is paralyzed from the waist down. She uses a wheelchair to get around. But on her wedding day, shes determined to walk, using carbon fiber leg braces under her wedding dress.A few weeks ago, Chris Weggemann, Mallorys father and an executive with an environmental company, sketched on a dry erase board in his downtown Minneapolis office to show how the braces function. A former architect, he marveled at the mechanics.But, he said, its a chore. Mallory will need specialized training at the Mayo Clinic to develop core muscle strength to move the braces. Chris and his wife, Ann, will accompany Mallory down the aisle, just in case.Oh, and theres one more thing: Mallory plans to stay in the braces for the first dance.It takes a lot of energy for her to stand up and do that, Chris Weggemann said. She does it with a smile on her face, but weve seen the ramifications the day after, because her body takes a toll. Shes got great ambitions on that day, and Im just like, dont crash and burn. Dont wear yourself out. Its a long day.Maybe its too much, But the Weggemann family learned a long time ago what happens when Mallory puts her mind to something.An accomplished high school swimmer, Mallory was left paralyzed following an epidural injection for back pain in 2008, shortly before her 19th birthday. Two and a half months later, after her sister took her to a Paralympic swim meet at the University of Minnesota, Mallory returned to the pool.Between 2009 and 2011 she won 22 international gold medals, three consecutive USA Swimming Disabled Swimmer of the Year awards, and a 2011 ESPY as Best Female Athlete with a Disability. She added 50-meter freestyle gold and a relay bronze at the 2012 Paralympics in London. Mallory holds 15 world and 34 American records.Then in March 2014, a freak accident in the shower at a New York hotel -- the bench she sat on gave way -- left Mallory with permanent nerve damage in her left arm. Unable to move her wrist or grip properly, Mallory lost her hard-gained independence. She couldnt wheel herself, dress herself, drive, or even braid her hair. With one fully functioning arm, swimming seemed out of the question.I had a hard enough time trying to figure out how to live each day, how to do everything each day, Mallory said. I didnt really know how I was supposed to think about getting back in the water and swimming again. That was hard.When I had my paralysis, the way I fought back was, I got in the pool and I swam. Swimming is a spiritual thing for me. Its not just being a competitive swimmer. Its my place. Its my sanctuary. That has been the place that gave me the strength to go and conquer everything else. After my arm injury, I felt like it was taken from me. I thought I had to retire, and that was terrifying.How Mallory puzzled it out, eventually qualifying for seven events in Rio beginning Thursday, reflects her steely perseverance and the support of her family and friends.As a competitor, Mallory may only have one good arm, Chris Weggemann said. But shes got a head on her shoulders that believes she can do anything.First, Mallory needed a new coach to replace Jim Andersen, who guided her through London but moved away. Someone to rebuild her shaken psyche, then push heer. NFL Youth Jerseys. .That proved to be Steve Van Dyne, a family friend who coached her at Eagan High School. Van Dyne stopped coaching in 2012 to watch his young daughters swim, but told the Weggemanns to get in touch if they ever needed anything.Steve was the savior, said Jeremy Snyder, Weggemanns fiancé and manager.There was a lot to do. Van Dyne never coached an athlete with a disability before. Mallory hadnt been in the pool for five months. The nerve damage also caused occasional uncontrollable tremors in the arm, and when they struck, Mallory couldnt swim at all.We had to get her back into the right frame of mind, Van Dyne said. I still have to drill it into her a little bit even to this day: Youre not exactly the same swimmer as what you were before the arm injury. Then it was really just chipping away, day by day.We were always bringing her back to, where were you six months ago? See the positives and not focus on the arm. If [the] arm hurts, dont practice. Go have a little coffee, talk, figure it out and lets get in the water tomorrow.Van Dyne is, for lack of a better term, a friendly agitator. He and Mallory needle each other constantly, whether on the pool deck at Life Time Fitness in Lakeville, where Mallory trains, or afterward in the club café.Theyre like little kids, Chris Weggemann said. The two of them have a relationship that is really unique. He knows how to push her, right to the edge, not too far. She pushes back, and thats OK. Steve knows how to play her. If he says certain things to her, shell swim faster.Part of that goes back to when she was a kid. You tell her, You cant do that, shell just be, Well, heck, Im going to do it. Thats what Steve plays on. You cant do that. Well, Game on then. Lets go. And -- boom -- she does it.Along the way Mallory endured moments of doubt, especially in April, when disappointing times at the Paralympic test event in Rio made her fear she wouldnt make the team. Van Dyne told her not to sweat it.I wasnt worried, because we were still a long ways away, and I knew what she was capable of, he said. Id seen glimpses in our practices.Three months later, at the U.S. Paralympic team trials in Charlotte, North Carolina, Mallory made the team easily. Even with her arm limitations, Mallory swam a personal best in the 100-meter backstroke and her second-fastest 200 individual medley.When Mallory wheeled herself out of the meeting room after learning she made it, her parents, fiancé and coach were waiting. Even Van Dyne -- Mr. Tough Guy, Mallory said -- couldnt hold back tears.When I say she did the impossible, I dont mean that shes not capable, because she certainly is, said her mother, Ann. But what she did in those two years seemed insurmountable. It was an incredible moment.When first paralyzed, Mallory focused on little victories, regaining small pieces of her independence. That continues. Reworking the hand controls in her car allowed Mallory to drive again. She learned to maneuver her wheelchair without a left-hand grip.The arm remains troublesome, and the pain from training frequently makes Mallory sick to her stomach. But Van Dyne believes Mallory has more medal-winning performances in her.As hard as life can get in certain moments, theres always a way to move forward, Mallory said. We just have to choose to move forward. I knew how to do that. I learned that after my paralysis. I knew I had the strength to do it. I just had to find that again. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '