4 to improve to 22 for 50 | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 31 '18
LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant isnt sure hell be ready to play when the Los Angeles Lakers open the season on Oct. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China . 29, although he remains ahead of schedule in rehabbing his surgically repaired Achilles tendon. Bryant turns 35 next week and he vowed that his 17-year career is "definitely not over." "I just want that jewelry," he said, referring to the possibility of claiming his sixth NBA championship. "People just dont understand how obsessed I am with winning." Bryant made his comments to late night host Jimmy Kimmel during "Kobe Up Close," a one-on-one conversation with the NBA superstar on Thursday night at Nokia Theatre across from Staples Center. He had a one-word answer when Kimmel asked whether he would finish his career with the only team hes ever played for: "Yeah," Bryant replied. The 7,100-seat venue was full of Bryants fans that cheered, jeered and interrupted freely during the one-hour program. Ticket proceeds benefited the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation, which works to help end homelessness. In keeping with the reason for the event, Kimmel asked, "If there was only one homeless person in the world, would you be happy if it was Dwight Howard?" The audience roared, mere weeks removed from Howards decision to leave the Lakers for Houston after one season. "Dwight is a great kid," Bryant said, nearly drowned out by boos. "We have different perspectives on what it takes to win." Kimmel kept the questions light while touching on a variety of topics well known to Bryants most ardent fans. Bryant recalled that before he was drafted in 1996 by Charlotte and then traded to the Lakers, he worked out for Boston and the Clippers. "I had a really fun and good workout with the Clippers," he said. "They told me, This is the best workout weve ever seen." But he said the team told him it wouldnt be drafting him out of high school. "We want to turn things around with our organization and we felt like if we drafted a 17-year-old kid, the city of L.A. wouldnt take us seriously," Bryant said the Clippers told him. Kimmel retorted, "They always make the best decisions." Bryant said Chris Paul should have ended up with the Lakers instead of the Clippers. The NBA office, which owned New Orleans at the time, decided against a deal team officials had agreed to with the Lakers. "Chris called me and told me it was a done deal," Bryant said. "Then he calls me back 30 minutes later and says, You wont believe it. David Stern killed the deal." Before Bryant jumped directly from high school to the pros, he said he was recruited by Duke, North Carolina, Kansas and West Point. The military academy sent him his first college letter. If he had gone to college, Bryant said he likely wouldve chosen North Carolina because Vince Carter had gone to Chapel Hill the previous year, and Bryant would have wanted to compete with him at practice every day. As a teenager with a lucrative NBA contract, Bryant said he wasnt interested in big expenditures. "The game consumed me," he said. Bryant recalled his first meeting with Shaquille ONeal over dinner at a Beverly Hills restaurant. "I thought it was the coolest thing in the world that he had a cellphone that was the biggest in the world," he said. Together, they won three consecutive NBA titles from 2000-02. But they eventually fell out and ONeal was traded after the Lakers lost in the 2004 finals. "It was a tough period. He and I just werent going to play together anymore," Bryant said. "I had to prove I could win without him." It would take a while, though. Bryant and the Lakers didnt capture another NBA title until they won two straight in 2009 and 2010. Bryant credited Michael Jordan for giving him "phenomenal advice" on how to elevate his teammates. "My demeanour and my temper probably calmed down a little bit," he said. "I go into games today looking at what are my guys going through, who is struggling, what can I do to help."Among the famous faces in the audience were Lakers owners Jeanie and Jim Buss, general manager Mitch Kupchak, Hall of Fame baseball player Dave Winfield and former NFL receiver Terrell Owens. Jeanie Buss was visibly touched when Bryant spoke about why so many Lakers players loved her late father, Jerry. "He knew exactly what his vision was," Bryant said. "He was very patient, he was very understanding. He allowed me room to grow as a person." Bryant said his daughters, ages 10 and 7, are playing sports, although he didnt specify which ones. He described them as "insanely, insanely competitive." Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. http://www.wholesalenfljerseysofficial.com/ . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. CHICAGO -- While the Chicago White Sox face a near impossible task to reach the postseason, they have made life miserable this week for division rivals with better odds.Carlos Rodon struck out a season-high nine over six innings, Adam Eaton doubled twice and scored two runs and the White Sox downed Kansas City 7-2 on Friday night.The Royals lost for the sixth time in nine games and remained four games out of the second AL wild card. Detroit beat Baltimore to pull even with the Orioles for the final postseason berth.The White Sox took two of three against the Tigers earlier this week.When you can beat division rivals and good, quality teams, it kind of shows the quality of team that we have here that we really havent produced on a consistent basis, Eaton said. I know Ive been preaching consistency, but its truly what has lacked within our game.Rodon (7-8) ran into trouble in the sixth when he loaded the bases. Manager Robin Ventura kept him in, and he fanned Paulo Orlando on his 116th pitch for the third out and move to 5-0 in his last seven starts.Its huge. It helps me build my confidence as well, Rodon said. Im glad he trusts in me to get that last guy out. No matter how many pitches Im at, I always want to get that last out.Eaton doubled to lead off the first and fifth innings off Yordano Ventura (10-10) and scored each time on Melky Cabrera RBI. Tyler Saladino had three hits and drove in two runs in Chicagos third straight win.Kendrys Morales had a two-run single in the first inning for Kansas City. Lorenzo Cain started for the first time since Aug. 30 following a wrist injury and reached base three times with a single and two walks despite pain when he squeezes the bat.That shows his value, manager Ned Yost said. He finds a way to produce.The 23-year-old Rodon struggled early this season and went on the disabled list after he sprained his left wrist slipping on the dugout steps. But the lefty has been sharp since returning.He was great, Venttura said. Discount Nike NFL Jerseys. Innings where they started to get guys on and it got a little dicey, hes finding a way to reach and find something else, another level.In his career-high 24th start, Rodon allowed two runs -- one earned -- and six hits while lowering his ERA to 1.85 ERA in his past seven outings, all quality starts.Jose Abreu and Justin Morneau added RBI singles as Chicago had 13 hits.Ventura allowed five runs -- four earned -- and 10 hits over seven innings in taking his first loss in seven starts.Dan Jennings got five outs and Tommy Kahnle worked the ninth for the White Sox, who have won five of seven. They remain four games under .500, though, and eight games out of the final playoff spot.When you take three games from division rivals that are atop the division, its fun to do, Eaton said. It should instill confidence in us.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: C Salvador Perez (bruised right wrist) sat out a second straight game. He still feels it a little bit when he swings, Yost said. Well shoot for tomorrow. ... LHP Matt Strahm left to attend his grandfathers funeral and was expected back Saturday.White Sox: Struggling RHP James Shields was cleared to start Saturday after complaining of a sore back in his last outing. Shields hasnt missed a start since 2007. I just want to post every five days and throw 200 innings, Shields said. Im obviously not going to get (200 innings) this year for the first time in nine seasons, which is disappointing.HOT SOXAbreu went 2 for 4 to improve to 22 for 50 (.440) with 16 RBI in his past 11 games. Saladino is 6 for 8 in the past two games.TIRED SORIAYost said hes been overusing struggling reliever Joakim Soria and planned to limit his appearances. Soria has six blown saves and eight losses.UP NEXTShields (5-17, 6.07 ERA) will face Royals RHP Edinson Volquez (10-10, 5.02) on Saturday night. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '