Did you read Sarah Spains That What She Said column?about athlete activism? You should | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Dez 31 '18
MANCHESTER, England -- Tyson Furys downward slide since becoming world heavyweight boxing champion plunged further Thursday when the British fighter relinquished his titles and had his license suspended over drug use and medical issues. Air Max 2019 Outlet .Furys promoters said the 28-year-old boxer was giving up his WBO and WBA belts with immediate effect to focus on treatment and recovery from drug use and other personal problems.Hours later, the British Boxing Board of Control said Fury had been temporarily relieved of his license pending further investigation into anti-doping and medical issues.The unbeaten Fury has not fought since beating Wladimir Klitschko in November 2015 to claim the WBA, WBO and IBF titles in one of the most stunning heavyweight upsets in recent times. He has twice pulled out of a rematch with Klitschko, most recently ahead of the rearranged Oct. 29 bout after being declared medically unfit by his team.Im unable to defend at this time and I have taken the hard and emotional decision to now officially vacate my treasured world titles and wish the next in-line contenders all the very best as I now enter another big challenge in my life which I know, like against Klitschko, I will conquer, Fury said in Thursdays statement.I feel that it is only fair and right and for the good of boxing to keep the titles active and allow the other contenders to fight for the vacant belts that I proudly won and held as the undefeated heavyweight champion of the world, he said.In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine this month, Fury said he has been bingeing on cocaine and alcohol to cope with manic depression.Ive been out drinking, Monday to Friday to Sunday, Fury said. Ive taken drugs, cocaine, on many, many occasions for the last six months.In the interview, he also described himself as a manic depressive and said: I just hope someone kills me before I kill myself.The WBO said Monday that it had received a report from the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency in the United States showing that Fury failed a drug test on Sept. 22. The body also said it received information from the British boxing board that Fury refused to be drug-tested last month ahead of the postponed Klitschko fight.Furys promotional company, Hennessy Sports, said the titles were being vacated out of respect for the governing bodies, the sport of boxing and the heavyweight division.The statement said the break will also allow Fury the time and space to fully recover from his present condition without any undue pressure and with the expert medical attention he requires.Fury was stripped of the IBF belt soon after beating Klitschko, for not fighting a mandatory challenger. That belt is now owned by fellow Briton Anthony Joshua, who could fight Klitschko for the vacant heavyweight titles.Negotiations between the two camps are underway.Fury has constantly said that he feels he didnt get enough credit for ending Klitschkos near-decade-long reign as champion, claiming it was partly because of his Gypsy heritage.However, his image has been stained by controversial comments and tweets he has made in recent years about women, homosexuality and doping.Furys trainer and uncle, Peter Fury, said last month that the fighter was at an all-time low. Cheap Air Max 2019 Wholesale . Its 1987 and a Brazilian playmaker, known as Mirandinha, is being paraded around St James Park to the passionate Newcastle fans. Air Max 2019 Cheap Sale . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. http://www.airmax2019cheap.com/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Miko Grimes says what she is thinking, and once again the content of her Twitter account has set off a firestorm of criticism. This time, she used of the word Jew as an adjective and alleged that there is religious collusion in the Dolphins front office, prompting other NFL types to publicly call her out.Im certainly not here to defend her offensive wording. (And she later attempted to walk back the idea she intended to that language as a slur). Heres my issue: Shes in the sports section of the news because shes married to Buccaneers cornerback Brent Grimes. Too often shes used as a stand-in for all athlete spouses for those who claim they should all sit down and be quiet.Miko Grimes is an outlier when it comes to her speech, and she really shouldnt be looked to as a model athlete spouse. She visited us on ESPN Radios The Trifecta and said that she had been in attack mode with the Dolphins, who had cut her husband from the roster, and was looking forward to getting out of that mood. Clearly it hasnt happened yet.The NFL doesnt pay her; shes not a team employee. Like it or not, she can use her voice and suffer the consequences when she crosses the line. Men and women may be married, but theyre still their own people. You may hope that spouses support each other more in their endeavors, but expecting her to be fined or censured, or to say that she is an example of why spouses shouldnt speak -- is just silly.Other things on my mind this week:Jennifer Aniston blasted the ridiculous standards women are held to in an opinion piece for the Huffington Post on Tuesday.The objectification and scrutiny we put women through is absurd and disturbing, she wrote.So true!I was possibly the only woman of my generation who didnt watch Friends. I lived in New York when the show was airing and didnt own a TV, but the glimpses I caught didnt look like the NYC I knew. Still, there was no escaping Aniston or her haircut. I always appreciate it, however, when men and women can shine a light on the issues in their world.Thank goodness she used her platform to say some very important things about women and motherhood and tabloid journalism, such as this:Heres where I come out on thiss topic: We are complete with or without a mate, with or without a child. Air Max 2019 Clearance Sale. We get to decide for ourselves what is beautiful when it comes to our bodies. That decision is ours and ours alone. Lets make that decision for ourselves and for the young women in this world who look to us as examples.Again, yes!Then this week I was catching up on episodes of MTVs hilarious Ladylike (please watch one if you havent) and was repeatedly subjected to Aveenos Absolutely Ageless spot starring ... Aniston.My advice for looking younger, longer? Aniston asks.Its useless to expect humans to be perfectly consistent. Celebrities make money by endorsing products, and yes, this ad very clearly uses Anistons youthful appearance to sell night cream to crusty old broads like me. I want to embrace her message without feeling the urge to put goop on my face so that I look like her.Im beginning to fear that this story about Pokemon Go players at the Holocaust Museum may be all you need to know about our current culture. When a virtual world replaces the sanctity of a place in the real world, we should notice.Depositions that were unsealed this week alleged that Joe Paterno was aware of sexual abuse by Jerry Sandusky as far back as 1976. Paterno, who died in 2012, cant defend himself, but as more and more information emerges, theres no reason to discuss returning Paternos statue to the Penn State campus, writes Mike Jensen.Several people were arrested for threatening police officers via social media in the wake of the shootings in Dallas. Its important that speech online is considered real speech. And the man who sent this tweet had a point.? Chad Johnson will coach wide receivers for the Browns during training camp. Insert obligatory comment about, if the NFL really took domestic violence seriously, theyd see how discordant this is.A one-hour delay in the age of Twitter? Nancy Armour discusses how weird it is not to broadcast the Olympic opening ceremonies live.Did you read Sarah Spains That What She Said column?about athlete activism? You should. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '