Keuchel has won his last three starts against the Tigers | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Sep 22 '17
RIO DE JANEIRO -- There was rain and wind, bright sunshine and gloomy clouds. Carlo Pinsoglio Jersey .Even green water.For the first time since 1992, Olympic diving was held in an outdoor facility, exposed to whatever elements -- both natural and man-made -- got thrown its way.The athletes, for the most part, seemed to adapt just fine to the ever-changing conditions.The weather conditions are always a factor when its outdoors, but its definitely still great to be able to compete outdoors for a change, said Melissa Wu of Australia. When the conditions are bad, everyone is sort of in the same boat anyway. I guess it comes down to who handles it best on the day, which is pretty much what diving is anyway. Its a real mental game.While there were some surprises along the way -- windy conditions were a big factor when a reigning world champion from powerhouse China was knocked out in the preliminaries of mens 3-meter springboard -- the results have largely followed pre-Olympic expectations.China dominated the competition again, going into Saturdays final event, mens 10-meter platform, with six of the seven gold medals.Its a nice change-up to have it outside, American Jessica Parratto said. Obviously, Rio is a beautiful place and its hot out, so its nice. Theres all kinds of weather conditions we could have, but you just have to stay focused and know that youre doing the same five dives that youve always been doing and just try not to be distracted by the elements.He Chao couldnt cope when strong winds whipped up during the springboard prelims. He balked on a pair of dives and finished 21st, one year after winning the world championship in Russia.I prepared for four years for this competition and to end it like this, I feel very disappointed, he said. It was the wind that really affected the start of my dive. We didnt train in these kinds of very windy conditions before at all.This is the first truly outdoor Olympic competition since the Barcelona Games, when diving was held at the stunning pool atop Montjuic, with its dazzling backdrop of the city below.In 1996, swimming and diving were staged at a pool in Atlanta that wasnt enclosed but did have a roof. The last four Olympics were all held inside, and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics will feature a new indoor aquatics facility.World governing body FINA griped about the open-air facility less than a year before Rio, arguing that changing weather conditions may influence not only the athletes performances, but more importantly their health and safety. FINA did not respond to a request for comment on its assessment of the diving competition with the end of the games approaching.There was talk of putting a temporary roof over the pool, but those plans never materialized as financially strapped Rio struggled just to get all its venues completed. At least pool was already in place, having been built for the 2007 Pan American Games.In addition to wind, the divers had to compete in light rain one day, but that didnt seem to cause any major problems. Amazingly, the biggest issue was apparently caused by human error, suddenly turning the water green in both the diving well and a larger, adjacent pool used for water polo and synchronized swimming.The bigger pool eventually was drained and filled with clear water from a practice pool, but the divers had to compete for several days in the unusual conditions. Eventually, venue workers were able to clean the water up for the final days of the competition, but not before one practice session was canceled and several divers had a few laughs. Abby Johnston of the United States dubbed it the swamp, while Germanys Patrick Hausding posted a picture on social media in which he and his teammates had tinted themselves green.I knew it was going to be an interesting Olympics, different from some of the others, American Kristian Ipsen said. Theres a lot more variables you have to deal with in comparison to an Olympics that is indoors. But overall, I felt like everyone dealt with it very well.There was even an added benefit to diving outdoors.You can get a nice tan, Parratto said. You cant beat that.---AP Sports Writer Beth Harris contributed to this report.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry Douglas Costa Juventus Jersey .Y. -- Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers had no intention of changing his hard-hitting style before taking part in a disciplinary hearing for his illegal check to New Jersey forward Dainius Zubrus head. Juan Cuadrado Juventus Jersey . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. http:///...-Juventus-Fc-Jersey/ . LOUIS -- Lance Lynn was one of the more enthusiastic participants as the St. DETROIT -- The Houston Astros found a few ways to lose on Saturday night.Jose Altuve dropped a routine popup that allowed a run to score, closer Will Harris couldnt hold a one-run lead in the ninth inning and the Astros wasted a late rally in a 3-2 loss to the Detroit Tigers.Harris blown save came after Houston scored twice in the top of the ninth inning against starter Justin Verlander for a 2-1 lead.This is a tough one to take, because we played so hard all night, Astros manager A.J. Hinch said. We scratch across two in the top of the ninth against Verlander, and then weve got two out in the bottom of the ninth with no one on base and get walked off.The Astros have lost four of five and are now a half-game behind Detroit as both teams chase Boston for the second AL wild-card spot.This is when you have to start to make your move, said Tigers catcher James McCann, who drove in the tying run moments before Jose Iglesias won it with an RBI infield single. When August and September roll around, you have to be ready to make a run at the playoffs.Harris (1-2) retired the first two batters in the ninth but then walked Justin Upton. Tyler Collins singled and McCann drove Upton home with another single.Iglesias then hit a grounder between first and second base. First baseman Jason Castro ranged to his right to field it, but Iglesias beat Harris to the bag while Collins scored.I should have found the bag and then caught the ball, but I tried to catch the ball and then find the bag, Harris said. Its just a bonehead play by me. Theres no other way to put it.Detroit led 1-0 going into the ninth, but Houston rallied to take the lead in the top of the inning.George Springer led off the ninth with a single -- just the third hit allowed by Verlander -- and took second on Altuves one-out infield single.Carlos Correa then looped a base hit into shallow center, scoring Springer and moving Altuve to third. Colby Rasmus hit a soft grounder into the hole, and while shortstop Iglesias was able to get the force at second, Altuve easily scored from third.That was tough, because I thought we were going to lose, and I was going to be shouldering the blame, Verlander said. Marko Pjaca Jersey. . I felt like I made some really good pitches, but they put them in play and got hits out of them.Verlander (11-6) got his first complete game of the season. He struck out 11 while allowing two runs and five hits.Houston starter Mike Fiers gave up one run, four hits and two walks in 6 1/3 innings.The Tigers threatened in the second, putting runners on first and second with no one out, but Altuve fielded Uptons grounder, stepped on second and threw to third in time to retire Victor Martinez. That saved a run when Collins followed with a single, and Fiers got out of the inning.In the meantime, Verlander allowed two hits in the first inning but didnt allow another baserunner until he walked Altuve to start the seventh.By that point, the Tigers had taken a 1-0 lead on a fluke play in the sixth. With two out and Cameron Maybin on first, Miguel Cabrera lifted a high pop fly behind second base. Altuve appeared ready to make the catch but took a false step at the last second and dropped the ball for an error. Maybin, who was running hard with two outs, slid just past a tag at home after starting at first.I think the ball was so high that I got a little dizzy, Altuve said. I saw it, but it got so high that I was having trouble staying under it. I just stumbled a little, and thats when I lost it.The Tigers almost added a run in the seventh, but Springer made a lunging catch of Iglesias sinking liner to right.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: INF Marwin Gonzalez (hand) and OF Carlos Gomez (hamstring) were both out of the lineup with minor injuries, leaving C Evan Gattis as the only healthy player on Houstons bench.UP NEXTThe teams finish their weekend series Sunday afternoon, with Detroits Mike Pelfrey (3-9, 4.98) facing Dallas Keuchel (6-10, 4.57). Keuchel has won his last three starts against the Tigers, including throwing eight scoreless innings in Houston on April 15. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '