seeking his fourth career win on the European Tou | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Okt 5 '17
Tim Kennedy is looking forward to resuming his fighting career at UFC 205 on Nov. Yellow NFL Jerseys . 12 -- even if hes not expecting much profit in doing so.Kennedy (18-5) is scheduled to face former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans in a middleweight bout at Madison Square Garden this month. It will mark Kennedys first appearance since September 2014.The 37-year-old has been focused on other interests and reached a conclusion that he would only return to the cage under special circumstances. A bout against a former champion on arguably the biggest card in UFC history fit that description.After Nov. 12, if theyre not saying, Your next fight is against [middleweight champion]?Michael Bisping, who I smashed, then I dont know, Kennedy said. I cant even imagine the fight that would bring me back in again.It took Madison Square Garden, on the biggest fight card in MMA history, against a former light heavyweight champion, perennial contender, coming to a new weight class, in a state they just legalized MMA for the first time, for me to come back -- with the potential of, Win here, move into title contention. If it took that much to get me back here in the first place, it sure as hell will take a big, shiny belt for me to stay.Kennedy is confident a title fight -- and bigger paydays -- are around the corner should he defeat Evans at UFC 205. He has history with Bisping, having beaten him convincingly in a 2014 five-round fight.Until then, Kennedy says UFC 205 is essentially an investment in his future. After paying taxes, training expenses and pricey New York travel costs, the veteran estimates hell walk away with very little cash after the event.[The UFC] actually had a tax attorney contact us to say, Just wanted to warn you guys, heres some tax documents you need to start filling out, Kennedy said. I rented a house in Albuquerque [New Mexico, to train at Jackson-Wink MMA]. Im paying $5,000 medicals. Im paying coaches, management, gym fees, recovery costs, cryotherapy.Ill probably be a wash for this fight camp in money. Think about that for a minute.Despite the revelation, Kennedy says hes not necessarily trying to cause waves, just stating the facts. Hes known as one of the most outspoken fighters in the sport, particularly when it comes to issues like fighter pay and performance-enhancing drug use, but says its something he doesnt try to force. He also made it clear the UFC has never tried to punish him for it.The UFC is in an interesting transitional period, after announcing it had been sold to entertainment agency WME-IMG for $4 billion in July. Kennedy says hes optimistic the sport is close to a very positive turn for the fighters involved.The sport is at an opportunity in the very near future to make a difference and be something really significant, special and fantastic, Kennedy said. To see [athletes] lives be sustained at a [financial] level thats not embarrassingly humiliating, were close to that corner. I hope we take it and I hope Im there to take this sport around that corner.Im sure as s--- not in this sport for the money because its not there yet, but it will be. Were close. Conor McGregor has made huge waves in changing what the realization of what somebody can make, and before him it was Jon Jones and Ronda Rousey. We know the potential is there for earning. Were going to get it, but were not there yet.Kennedys disclosed purse for his last fight, a decision loss to Yoel Romero in Las Vegas, was $70,000. He said he and Jackson-Wink teammate Donald Cerrone have game planned ways to reduce expenses.Of course, his current focus is on Evans, but its no secret his sights are very much set on a championship fight. Because as he clearly put it, his appearance at UFC 205 is not about money.We have to get extra rooms in New York. You know how much a room in New York is -- how much a flight to New York is, Kennedy said. [Cerrone] is going to be flying Greg Jackson out, Im going to fly out [striking coach] Brandon Gibson. Were trying to, economically between the two of us, absorb the financial impact from the aspect of New York.I dont want to tell anybody what to think. Thats not ever what Ive done. Im going to tell you how it is and you be a smart, intelligent person and interpret what Im saying. You make your own opinions. I dont want to tell a fan what to think. This is just the truth of the sport. This is the truth about what Im making. The expenses [involved], people dont understand. Clearance NFL Jerseys Shop .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. Buy NFL Jerseys . -- Jimmy Walkers first PGA Tour trophy came with a special gift tucked inside. http://www.authenticnflfanatic.com/ . The visitors took a deserved lead in the 16th minute with midfielder Yohan Cabaye curling the ball beyond Adrian from inside the penalty area.Stockholm, Sweden (Sports Network) - Mikko Ilonen fired a sizzling 7-under 65 on Saturday to jump into the lead following three rounds of the Nordea Masters. Ilonen finished 54 holes at Bro Hof Slott Golf Club at 18-under-par 198. He will try for his third career win on the European Tour and his first since 2007 on Sunday. "I need to shoot another low score and I can do it, but weve got 18 holes to go and lots of other guys are still hunting me," Ilonen said. Ilonens mark was not the low round of the day, however, as Alexander Noren did one better with an 8-under 64 to move into second place at 16-under. Matteo Manassero, who held at least a share of the lead at the end of both the first and second rounds, tripped to a double bogey at his final hole en route to a 1-under 71, dropping him into a share of third place with Jonas Blixt (66) at minus-14. Rikard Karlberg (67) owns sole possession of fifth at 12-under, while Bernd Wiesberger matched Norens 64 to move into a sixth-place tie with Thomas Bjorn (68) and Joost Luiten (70) at 11-under 205. Ilonen started his charge up the leaderboard with a 12-foot birdie putt at the second, and later picked up a couple more strokes at the sixth and ninth to hit the turn at 14-under, moving a stroke ahead of overnight leader Manassero. The 2007 winner of this event then hit his approach to three feet at the 13th and kicked that in for a birdie before rolling in another short birdie effort at the 14th. On the next hole, Ilonen saw his third shot land just beyond the pin and spin back into the cup for an eagle to mmove to 18-under. Youth NFL Jerseys. "It was raining and I just tried to squeeze it in there and got lucky with it a bit," Ilonen said about the shot. He closed with three straight pars to stay there. Noren, meanwhile, opened with a blistering pace as he collected three birdies over his first four holes, capping the run with an 80-foot putt at the fourth. A bogey at the fifth briefly halted his momentum, but he quickly recovered with a birdie at the sixth. After a pair of pars, the Swede hit his second shot at the par-5 ninth to about 10 feet and converted the eagle putt to make the turn at 13-under. He picked up a couple more shots with consecutive birdies at the 12th and 13th before pouring in another long birdie putt from 40 feet at the 16th to reach 16-under. "I hit a lot of good putts and I holed a lot of them -- I dont know where it came from, amazing putting," said Noren. "Ive played here a lot; Im from an hour away, its the best course in Sweden and it is a beautiful place." Manassero made the turn at even par on the day after trading a bogey at the fifth with a birdie at the ninth. After a string of three straight birdies from the 13th moved him into a share of second with Noren, he dumped his second shot at the 18th into the water en route to a double bogey to finish four strokes off the pace. NOTES: Noren won here in 2011 and is seeking his fourth career win on the European Tour ... Manassero became the youngest-ever winner of the BMW PGA Championship last week ... Six of the last 10 winners are in the field. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '