hele got hurt, he may have to move back.Hes so athle | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Jan 10 '19
Watch and read part two of the interview hereLets talk about the turmoil of being a Pakistan cricketer. Orange Air Max 2018 . Youve been involved as a player, coach, captain. Has a lot changed in Pakistan cricket or is it still pretty much the same as it was in 1989? I come from a very small town in southern Punjab, called Vehari. I have seen lots of ups and downs. I have seen Pakistan winning titles and also seen a lot of controversies during that time. Yes, Pakistan cricket is struggling a little bit at the moment. We have issues, but you know the system. From that day till now things have moved, not changed. Theres no real consistency in the team as well as in the management. I think thats where the actual problem is. We have been administrated by army men, politicians, businessmen, bureaucrats. Cricket is led by a lot of different people.Despite these problems, we see the emergence of such special cricketers from Pakistan. How does that happen? In the subcontinent we have a lot of talented cricketers. If I go back to Fazal Mahmoods time, I dont really know much about how the system worked then, but I thought the system was a little better than what we have now. We had fewer teams. Im not saying that we dont have the talent but I think weve lost a bit of it because weve got too many teams playing first-class cricket. In those days we had only around eight first-class teams. It was very difficult to play first-class cricket those days. I still remember when I first played my first first-class game, and it was a dream come true for me. I dont want to take cricket away from any kid in Pakistan. They all deserve it. I come from a small town, so I know how important it is. There should be serious competition - thats how you produce top cricketers, and I feel that that is lacking in Pakistan at the moment.The story goes that Imran Khan spotted you bowling on television and said, who is this kid, I want him to play for me. What do you remember of that time? When Imran saw me, he saw me on television, so I must have done something to get to television. I played under-16 and u-19 for Pakistan, and I played against the Indians as well. We played against the Jadejas, Mongias, [Jatin] Paranjpe was a very fine cricketer. I was in the camp for the youth World Cup but I couldnt manage to get into the team.Imran was sick, he wasnt coming to the camp, and I was dying to see him. He saw me playing that match on television over the weekend. The first thing he said to me was, Youre going to Sharjah. It was probably he who was running the whole show.The art of learning how to bowl fast - was that something you learned prior to joining the Pakistan team? When I came in, I knew a lot of things and a lot of hard work was put into it.Fast bowling is a very natural act. Nowadays theres a lot of coaching involved and you tell people how to swing the ball. But you cannot teach someone to bowl fast. Youre born with it. You can improve maybe to a certain degree, but when it comes to genuine pace, you cannot make a medium-pacer into a genuine fast bowler. I was very lucky that I had that skill, and on top of that I had put lot of hard work into it.When I was first selected, I knew a lot of things some of the guys were doing at the top level, like reverse swing. And I was very lucky that I had Imran Khan as a captain, as a role model. The first thing Imran told me when I played my first game was, Here is the ball, run in and bowl fast. He never allowed me to slow down or just hit the areas.Things like wrist position, how to construct a spell, how to set up a batsman - was that learnt on the job for you? I think it was very naturally taught. I had Wasim Akram, who had already played for a little while, Azeem Hafeez was just sort of finishing, Saleem Jaffar was there, we had Imran. It was easier to learn just by watching them. I back the system through which I have come from.Imran was captain for the first two or three years of your career and then he retired. Did you sense in your remaining years that the Pakistani captaincy lost a bit of authority, that it wasnt the same kind of figure because of all the chopping and changing? Yes, you can say that. It did work for a little while after that, when Javed Miandad took it from him and then Wasim became captain. We were also lucky in that span when Imran captained that nobody else competed as captain or wanted to captain because he was a genuine leader and people looked up to him. He was simply brilliant.We had good captains like Javed Miandad, Wasim, Saleem Malik, and then there were so many captains in that short span that we got confused over who is the right man for that job.And then the media. I think the pressure from the media has probably been more in the last ten years. Before that, there was more focus on the game, and even the cricket board was more focused on the game.Why aer there so many well-documented difficulties in player relationships within the Pakistani system? Was this a bigger problem in the Pakistan team than the other set-ups that you saw around the world? I dont know. Its a very tough question to answer because there were difficulties, we had a lot of controversies. In the 90s and into the 2000s, controversies were part of most of the teams around the world. Its tough to pinpoint why. Insecurity maybe, maybe policies of the cricket board. There were no real harsh steps taken at times when they were needed.Do you regret some of the things that happened, especially with Wasim, the fact that your great comrade was not really a friend for many years of your playing career? I am really good friends with Wasim bhai. He has always been an elder brother, he supported and helped me on and off the field. Yes, we had issues. He didnt have issues with me alone but we had issues in the team those days, which I do regret at times because it did not really help Pakistan cricket. We had issues off the field but when we walked on to the field it was a different ball game altogether. We wanted to compete with each other, we wanted to take more wickets than the other, and I think in a way, it did help. It was ugly those days but we were younger and we didnt know much, and now we are wiser.During the match-fixing era, there was a lot of factionalism in the team. Did that impact your career in any way? We were all above all those controversies. We had match-winners in our team, guys like Inzamam-ul-Haq, Saeed Anwar, Aamer Sohail, Mushtaq Ahmed, Aaqib Javed, Moin Khan. That was the golden period of Pakistan cricket. When you have so many stars in the team, they are going to have issues.One question that gets asked by a lot of people is why someone would want to be captain of Pakistan. What were the challenges you faced? I enjoyed it. When I became captain I had about six or seven ex-captains who were under me. It was not easy, and the 2003 World Cup was a clear example of that. Its the cricket boards duty or a policy should be there to pick a captain for a longer period. We have seen around the world that captains who have led for good eight-nine years have had major success. We just pick out of the box. At one stage we had three or four captains changed within a year or so. Did you feel that you had the support of the entire team, or were there problems there as well? We played poorly in 2003. We were a very fine side, but if you ask me what was going on behind my back, I dont know, to be very honest. There are a lot of teams that have gone out of the first round, they were probably the favorites for the tournament. These things happen.How much of an impact did match-fixing and a controversy leave on you as an individual? Did that wear you down? Did you think that you were treated shabbily? Or did you think that in that environment the criticism was fair? I think the entire cricketing circuit in Pakistan suffered because of that. Not only in Pakistan but in India as well. To me it was very upsetting. It was not what we wanted, not what the cricket board wanted. But the whole episode really put Pakistan behind maybe five or seven years compared to the other teams. It did pull me down as a cricketer for a little while but I came out of it. Ive always been a fighter, and I led Pakistan after that and I coached Pakistan also.Watch ESPNcricinfo Talking Cricket at 9.30pm IST on Fridays and the repeat on 12 noon on Sundays on SONYESPN Cheap Air Max 2018 China . -- The goal posts lying flat on the field, Arizonas fans lingered on the field, congregating around the locker room entrance nearly 30 minutes after rushing out of the stands. Wholesale Air Max 2018 . -- If this was Aaron Gordons final home game at Arizona, and it almost certainly was, then he went out in style. http://www.cheapairmaxonlinesale.com/ . The 20-year-old Pelicans big man glanced up and smiled widely at the well-wishers -- a fitting end to a day he wont soon forget. Davis responded to his selection earlier in the day as a Western Conference All-Star with 26 points and 10 rebounds, and the New Orleans Pelicans overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the Minnesota Timberwolves 98-91 on Friday night. AUSTIN, Texas -- The Texas quarterback competition dominating camp has lacked a particular ingredient: Theres no juice.Or more specifically, theres no Jerrod Heard.Less than a year ago, Heard was a budding star as the quarterback breaking Vince Youngs school record for most total yards in a game. Coach Charlie Strong said the kid had the juice to be the quarterback Texas had spent years searching for.But with the 2016 season-opener against No. 10 Notre Dame coming up fast on Sunday, Heard is nowhere near the quarterback battle anymore. Hes now catching passes as a wide receiver.So what happened?Blitzing defenses exposed Heards liabilities as a passer as the losses mounted in a 5-7 season. Texas revamped the offense under new coordinator Sterlin Gilbert in the spring -- just in time for Heard to injure a shoulder. By the time spring drills were finished, the quarterback question had settled into a duel between freshman Shane Buechele and senior Tyrone Swoopes.Sensing no chance to recover, Heard changed positions in hopes of finding his way back on the field.Im enjoying it, loving every minute of it, Heard said. I was ready for the transition.Heard swallowed a lot of pride to do it. And his days of trash talking teammates in practice caught up to him.The day they took the black jersey away, Im not going to lie, I was kind of scared because the (defensive backs), they loved it. And the linebackers loved it, Heard said. That day, it was pretty intense. I got hit a few times and I got to lay some hits on them. It was real fun though.Heards training camp progress iss hard to quantify. Air Max 2018 Sale. Texas hasnt yet released a depth chart for the first game as Strong plays hide-and-seek with his starting quarterbacks.Heards athleticism has never been in doubt. His 527 total yards passing and running in a 45-44 loss to California in the third game last season set up the expectation of big things, like the upset of Oklahoma two weeks later.But Heard finished poorly. He had less than 500 total yards passing and just three touchdowns over the next four games. His season ended early with concussion-like symptoms after a hard hit in a loss to Texas Tech. Swoopes stepped in for the final game and led an upset of Baylor in the final game.Strong blessed Heards move with the understanding that if Swoopes or Buechele got hurt, he may have to move back.Hes so athletic and has so much skill, Strong said. If something was to happen at the quarterback position, I may have to move you back there, barring an injury. He said, `Thats fine, but I want to help this team.Heard moves to a position filled with young, fast and unproven players. Sophomore John Burt is the top returning receiver, but caught only 28 passes with two touchdowns last season. No other returning player had more than 11 total catches.I do feel like Ive got to be out there, Heard said. I feel like Im really coming into my game and the style of receiver that I wanted to be. I just want to be that reliable receiver for those quarterbacks to throw to. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '