Mike Marjama Jersey | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » CALISIA » Fehler auf der Seite
Mitglied
elaine95 Jan 16 '19

BOSTON — After sweeping three games from one potential postseason opponent http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-jay-buhner-jersey , the Boston Red Sox host another when the Houston Astros invade Fenway Park for three games this weekend.David Price, 4-0 with a 1.62 ERA in seven starts since the All-Star break, returns from a one-game absence with a wrist contusion to pitch the series opener for Boston against 13-game winner Gerrit Cole as two teams go at it for the second time this season.From May 31 to June 3, the teams played four games in Houston — the Astros winning the first two before the Red Sox rebounded with two wins.Article continues below ...Now they come in with the Astros having won 12 of their last 15 games and leading the American League West by 3 1/2 games. The Red Sox, who swept three games in their interleague series in Atlanta this week, capped by a wild 9-8 victory Wednesday – are 9 1/2 games ahead in the East.The Red Sox, playing a wacky lineup Wednesday as Mookie Betts, J.D. Martinez and Xander Bogaerts rested, trailed the Braves 7-1, scored six in the eighth, fell behind again and then got a two-run homer from Brandon Phillips — capping his first game with his new team.“We were all in at one point, like here we go Denard Span Jersey ,” Red Sox manager Alex Cora said after the game. “It was fun. Honestly, that was the most fun I’ve had all season, watching the last few innings.“They could’ve folded and said, ‘you know what let’s go home. It’s been a productive road trip. People are talking about leads and where we are in the standings and all that. So whatever, let’s go home, enjoy the off day and we get Houston on Friday.’ But there was no sense of that. Everybody was pulling for each other. I pinch hit for a lot of guys and nobody was upset.”The win was Boston’s 97th of the season, the seventh time the franchise has won at least 97. They need only nine wins to break the 1912 team record of 105.The Astros just finished a 7-3 homestand with five straight wins, capped by a three-game sweep of the Minnesota Twins as Alex Bregman continued his torrid hitting. The third baseman has reached base in 33 straight games, four shy of Lance Berkman’s club record.“He’s putting up so many quality at-bats, one after another,” manager AJ Hinch said. “It’s hard to expect it at this level because it’s not as easy as these guys make it look sometimes, but he’s getting great pitches to hit and not missing them Guillermo Heredia Jersey , and doing damage.”Price is 14-6 with a 3.60 ERA coming in. Since the break, he has an 0.92 WHIP and has walked seven while striking out 43 in 44 1/3 innings.The left-hander defeated the Astros on June 2 in Houston and is is 6-2 with a 2.67 ERA in 13 games (nine starts) counting postseason against Houston.Bregman is 2-for-5 (.400) against Price, Brian McCann is 11-for-32 (.344) with three home runs and Jose Altuve 8-for-22 (.364). On the flip side, Josh Reddick is 0-for-9, Martin Maldonado 3-for-13 (.231) and George Springer 5-for-21 (.238).Cole is 13-5 with a 2.86 ERA in his first season in Houston. He defeated the Red Sox with a quality start on June 1 and is 2-1 with a 4.74 ERA in three career starts against Boston.Phillips is 11-for-25 (.440) with a homer and J.D. Martinez 3-for-9 (.333) against Cole, and Bogaerts is 0-for-8, Ian Kinsler 2-for-22 (.091) and Mitch Moreland 1-for-8 (.125).The Astros didn’t have a starter listed for Saturday’s game, but Charlie Morton (13-3, 3.15 ERA) is expected to come off the disabled list to face Eduardo Rodriguez (12-3).Morton threw a bullpen session Tuesday and was on target to return.“Unless something unforeseen happens, he’s on track to be the starting pitcher,” Hinch said Wednesday. SEATTLE (AP) — Mallex Smith was made a promise by Seattle general manager Jerry Dipoto when he was acquired for a second time by the Mariners after an initial tenure that lasted less than two hours.“Dipoto didn’t guarantee anything, but he said I at least have 78 minutes http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-ben-gamel-jersey ,” Smith joked. “We’ll see.”Smith is back with the Mariners as part of a five-player deal between Seattle and Tampa Bay on Thursday that landed the Rays catcher Mike Zunino and outfielder Guillermo Heredia.The swap continued a lengthy trade history between the teams and came as a surprise to Zunino, who said he had recent conversations with Seattle manager Scott Servais looking ahead to 2019.“I was shocked. To see your name in trade talks, let alone this early in the offseason, was beyond my expectations,” Zunino said.Smith, 25, stole a career-best 40 bases this year and was caught 12 times. He hit .296, tied for the major league lead with 10 triples and had 40 RBIs. He is not eligible for free agency until after the 2022 season. He signed with San Diego in 2012, was traded to Atlanta in December 2014 and was dealt to the Mariners in January 2017, then sent to the Rays on the same day in a trade that shipped left-hander Drew Smyly to Seattle.His previous Seattle stint lasted all of 77 minutes before he was sent to the Rays.“Bringing Mallex back home to Seattle is exciting for us all,” Dipoto said in a statement. “His combination of speed, base running impact Mike Marjama Jersey , defense and on-base abilities are unique in today’s game. We believe his breakout 2018 performance reflects the many ways his skills will positively impact the Mariners for years to come.”Smith said he’s going in with the idea of playing in center field, which would allow Seattle to move Dee Gordon to his natural position of second base. But the move for Smith could just be the start of a hectic offseason overhaul for the Mariners.“I feel like it’s a good fit. I feel like the team wants me,” Smith said. “It’s very comfortable when you know the team wants you. Jerry has traded for me twice, so I feel like I’ll fit in well here.”Heredia, who turns 28 in January, hit .236 with five homers and 19 RBIs in 337 plate appearances as a fourth outfielder for the Mariners this year. He is not eligible for free agency until after the 2022 season.Zunino, 27, was taken by Seattle with the third overall pick in the 2012 amateur draft and signed for a $4 million bonus. He hit just .201 this year but had 20 homers with 44 RBIs, down from a .251 average, 25 homers and 64 RBIs in 2017. While well-regarded for his defense, he has struck out 310 times in 760 at-bats during the past two seasons.Zunino said an oblique injury just before the start of the regular season caused him to struggle at the plate and led to his drop from the progress he had shown as a hitter in 2017.“It really took me longer than I’d like. I came back and it took me longer than I would have liked to get comfortable,” Zunino said. “Once that happened http://www.marinersfanproshop.com/authentic-mitch-haniger-jersey , I ended up giving away too many at-bats … tried to chase too much. I think getting back to that, trying to take care of my body, getting back to 100 percent is the main goal. I feel great now.”Zunino grew up in Cape Coral, Florida, and played for the University of Florida. He made $2,975,000 this year, is eligible for salary arbitration and can become a free agent following the 2020 season.Seattle also sent minor league left-handed pitcher Michael Plassmeyer to Tampa Bay while the Rays sent minor league outfielder Jake Fraley to the Mariners.