s.Favre was the final speaker during Saturdays induction | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Dez 9 '17
With two rounds of playoff action in the books, four teams are left in the hunt for Lord Stanleys Cup. Matt Calvert Jersey . The remaining clubs make up an impressive collection of the last four champions, Pittsburgh Penguins (2009), Chicago Blackhawks (2010), Boston Bruins (2011), and Los Angeles Kings (2012). Its only the second time ever that the NHLs final four will be a battle of title holders from the previous four years. So who is the favourite to take home the Stanley Cup in 2013? In the West, the reigning champion Kings will need to get past the first-place Blackhawks if they intend to defend their crown. Los Angeles has improved as the season has gone on, with goaltender Jonathan Quick rounding back into his Conn Smythe form from a year ago. However, the Kings barely made it to the Western Conference final, needing seven games to get past the San Jose Sharks in the second round. The Blackhawks started the season with a 24-game point streak and eventually took home the Presidents Trophy, but they were forced to come back from a 3-1 series deficit to defeat their second-round opponent, the Detroit Red Wings, in a series that included a next-goal-advances overtime in Game 7. The Blackhawks may be fortunate to have home ice advantage, since the Kings boast a perfect 7-0 record at home this post-season. The Blackhawks and Kings have met on just one previous occasion in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Chicago beat Los Angeles in five games in a 1974 Western quarterfinals series. In the East, the top-seeded Pittsburgh Penguins will collide with the fourth-place Boston Bruins in a meeting of two well-rested clubs. When the puck drops on Saturday night, each team will have had nearly a week off thanks to playing five-game series in the last round. The Penguins may have stars like Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, but Jarome Iginla will steal some of the spotlight this series. The Bruins thought they had acquired the veteran winger in a deal prior to the trade deadline, but it was the Penguins who ultimately completed a deal for the former Calgary Flames captain. The Bruins turned around and added another veteran, Jaromir Jagr, to help solidify them for a deep playoff run. Jagr has plenty of history with the Penguins, both as a player and as opponent. Not only did Jagr put up lofty totals while wearing a Penguins jersey, he also was a member of the Philadelphia Flyers squad that upset the Penguins in the first round last year. The Penguins and Bruins have met on four previous occasions in the Stanley Cup playoffs with each team having won twice. The Bruins captured the first two meetings in 1979 and 1980. Meanwhile, the Penguins twice defeated the Bruins in the Conference Final en route to back-to-back Stanley Cups in 1991 and 1992. With all four contenders having recently won a title, there is plenty of championship experience among the teams left standing, including 56 names currently engraved on the Stanley Cup (Kings 19, Bruins 18, Penguins 11, Blackhawks 8). Who do you think will emerge from the final four? Will the Kings bring another title to California? Can the Bruins maintain their momentum all the way to the final? Are the Penguins poised for another march to the top? Do the Blackhawks have enough left in the tank to hoist the Cup? As always, its Your! Call. Markus Hannikainen Jersey .Y. -- Marcell Dareus and the Buffalo Bills defence made life miserable for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco. Jack Johnson Jersey . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. http:///...+blue+jackets+jersey . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. CANTON, Ohio -- With his late father foremost on his mind and his wife, Deanna, as his presenter, Brett Favre cemented his place in football history on Saturday night.Wearing Hall of Fame gold jacket No. 298, Favre became the 25th quarterback immortalized in footballs ultimate shrine with a Lambeau Field-like crowd chanting Go, Pack, go! before he took the stage.His bronze bust will be forever placed next to Ron Wolf, the former?Packers?general manager who swung the trade to bring Favre to Green Bay from Atlanta in 1992.In an off-the-cuff speech, just as hed predicted, Favre spoke just over 36 minutes and devoted nearly nine minutes to honor his father, Irv, who died in 2003 on the eve of one of his greatest performances: a 399-yard, four-touchdown game against the Oakland Raiders on Monday Night Football.Favre said that on the plane ride to Mississippi for his fathers funeral after the Oakland game, Deanna told him: Your dad had said to me that he had hoped or could not wait for the day youre inducted into the Hall of Fame so he could introduce you.Up until that moment, I had never thought about the Hall of Fame, Favre said Saturday. So a new goal entered my mind. I said to myself, I will make it to the Hall of Fame so I could acknowledge the fact of how important he was.And then the emotions hit. After a long pause and fighting back tears, Favre said, This is tougher than any third-and-15.Irv coached his son in high school, and Favre said he once heard his dad tell his assistant coaches after one game that his son might not have played well but that he would redeem himself.I want you to know, Dad, I spent the rest of my career trying to redeem myself and make him proud, Favre said. I hope I succeeded.Irv would have presented his son had he not died at age 58. Instead, Deanna performed the honor.She was there long before my first touchdown pass and long after the last, Favre said of his wife. So it was an easy choice.A first-ballot selection, Favre, 46, retired -- finally -- in 2010 after 20 seasons. Sixteen of those came in Green Bay, where he helped resurrect a franchise that was without a title since the Lombardi era until Favre & Co. won Super Bowl XXXI. He was inducted into the Packers Hall of Fame last summer and his retired No. 4 was unveiled on the Lambeau Field fa?ade on Thanksgiving night last year, with one of his idols, Bart Starr, in the house.That event served as the final mend between the Packers, their fans and Favre, who originally retired in 2008 only to change his mind later that summer. GM Ted Thompson then traded Favre to the New York Jets. He retired again after one season only to come bback and play two more seasons for the Minnesota Vikings. Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys. Atlanta to Minnesota, 20 years, Favre said in summing up his career. But make no mistake about, I will be remembered as a Packer.Thompson was in the crowd Saturday and led a contingent of Packers that included quarterback Aaron Rodgers and kicker Mason Crosby, who are the only two current Packers who played with Favre, and coach Mike McCarthy.It just sends tingles up your spine, Thompson told ESPN.com as the ceremony began. Its almost like a home game for the Packers. Just listen to this [chant of Go, Pack, go]. This means so much to all these people, to us, to Brett and his family.For me, its just a remarkable sense of pride. I was lucky enough to be hired by Ron Wolf in 1992, and so I got to see it when it all began. And that started with Brett. And it started with Mike Holmgren. And it started with Ron Wolf. But Bretts ability to do what he did was just remarkable. I cant say enough about what Brett meant to the Green Bay Packers.The NFLs iron-man quarterback started a record 297 consecutive regular-season games. It began when he replaced Don Majkowski in the Packers starting lineup on Sept. 27, 1992, and ended on Dec. 13, 2010, when the Vikings turned in their pregame inactive list with No. 4 on it.Along the way, the free-wheeling Favre threw for an NFL-record 71,838 yards and 508 touchdowns, marks that were later eclipsed by Peyton Manning. He still holds the record for most career interceptions (336). Favre won all three of his Most Valuable Player awards in succession (1995-97) with the Packers.Favre was the final speaker during Saturdays induction. Other players enshrined included Marvin Harrison, Orlando Pace, Dick Stanfel, Kevin Greene, Ken Stabler, Edward DeBartolo Jr. and Tony Dungy.Favre spoke the longest. Twenty-nine minutes in, he said: They told me Ive got eight to 10 minutes, and Ive got every one of these guys clocking me right now. Im going for a world record. I dont give a damn.Favre opened by saying he was going to ask Thompson and McCarthy if he could play the first series of Sunday nights Hall of Fame game against the Colts.All this excitement has me wanting to call [ESPNs] Ed Werder and spread the word again, Favre said.He closed with some advice.Work as hard as you possibly can, lay it all on the line, and whatever happens, happens, Favre said. But you wont look back and regret.I dont regret anything. Thats not to say it was perfect. I dont regret anything, and thats what Im most proud of. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '