obert Pires ahead of his former sidobert Pires ahead of his former sid | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 2 '19
VAL DISERE, France -- Norway dominated, Kjetil Jansrud won, and Austria struggled. Cheap Authentic Jerseys .The first downhill of the mens World Cup season on Saturday traced the same path down the sun-soaked Val dIsere course as the super-G one day earlier.Jansrud has gone 2-for-2 in the first speed races with teammate Aksel Lund Svindal defying expectations after a 10-month injury absence to join him again on the podium.Relying on technical skills ahead of pure speed, Jansrud was 0.26 seconds faster than Peter Fill of Italy, the defending World Cup downhill champion, down the 3.4-kilometer (2-mile) Oreiller-Killy course.Its an amazing beginning, said Jansrud, who won the season-long downhill title in 2015. You never know, but I hoped for sure for a start like this.Svindal, who was runner-up on Friday, placed third, trailing 0.33 behind his fellow Norwegian. Only the top three finished in under two minutes.Im very satisfied, said Svindal, who lacked stamina after limited top-level training since rupturing his right ligaments in January. Its a very hard landing (on the jumps) and I took a second before I got my breath.For the second straight day, Norway and Italy filled the podium and the traditionally powerful Austria team was never in contention.The best placed Austrian, in 17th, was Olympic champion Matthias Mayer who came down 1.45 slower than Jansrud.It was a terrible day, Austria team director Hans Pum told The Associated Press. In the last 40 years I cant remember many like this. We have to analyze exactly what has happened.Austrias winless streak in the marquee downhill discipline extended to 13 races since Hannes Reichelt won at Kvitfjell, Norway, in March 2015.Norway has now won eight of those 13 downhills, with Svindal, Jansrud and Aleksander Aamodt Kilde all taking victories for a small but high-class team.Everyone will start screaming in the Austrian media, for sure, said Jansrud, adding he was not surprised at the rival teams result, citing Mayer returning from a back injury and Reichelt slowed by knee pains.We need to have fast Austrians to keep the entertainment coming and the spectators coming, said Jansrud, who took downhill bronze behind Mayer at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.Jansruds win on Saturday was keyed by skiing well through a turning middle section in the shadows where rivals typically lost at least a half-second to him.The lead was threatened by Steven Nyman before the United States racer strayed wide into rough snow midway down. Nyman placed 15th, ending his streak of four straight top-three finishes in downhill.While Jansrud was only 18th fastest at either of the two speed checks, Fill was the only racer to hit 122 kph (76 mph).Im surprised for my performance, said Fill, who took the downhill crystal trophy last season by edging ahead of Svindal, who missed the last five races after crashing at Kitzbuehel, Austria.Austrias slow start is not really my problem, Fill said. They have good skiers. For me, its better that they dont go too fast.Marcel Hirscher, the five-time defending overall World Cup winner, will seek to restore Austrian pride in a giant slalom on Sunday.Val dIsere hosted a World Cup downhill for the first time in 10 seasons.The French resort took over a three-race weekend meeting which was cancelled at Beaver Creek, Colorado, because of lack of snow. China NFL Jerseys . John Tavares, Thomas Vanek and Kyle Okposo were also being counted on to slow down sizzling Rangers forward Rick Nash. That plan didnt go so well early. Wholesale Jerseys China . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. http://www.authenticnfljerseys.net/ . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda.Robert Pires met with Geoff Shreeves for his first full interview in English ahead of Arsenals trip to Old Trafford on Saturday. The Frenchman talks about Arsenals title chances, the magic of Mesut Ozil and what he used to do when things got feisty against Manchester United... When Robert Pires invites me into his home for a chat Im struck as to how similar resident and property are. Tall, elegant and probably older than they look! But then again that is no surprise with Pires. The man is still training, and holding his own with Arsenals first team at the age of 43! He chuckles when I ask him about it, explaining how Arsene Wenger invites him to train occasionally, and on international weeks like this one its useful to have a body to make up the numbers. Pires carefully explains that he does not coach at Arsenal and has not been asked to by Wenger in any capacity. However, his former boss is very happy for him to pass on his experience to the current young Gunners.  Pires in action for Arsenal during his playing days That said, Pires feels this season Arsenal have more experience to mount a genuine title challenge. That is one factor, the other is Mesut Ozil. His eyes light up as he speaks of the German genius. Pires desperately tries to avoid comparisons with former players, but when pushed he cant help himself and admits he does see something of former team-mate Dennis Bergkamp in Ozil. Given Bergkamps god-like status within Arsenal folklore there is no higher praise. Pires says Ozil has always had the ability to read and play the game effortlessly at a superior level, but the key ingredient is that the Germany international has now added goals to his game. Pires wants to see him comfortably enter double figures for goals every season. When pushed further, he says Ozil is potentially the key component to Arsenal winning the title.  Pires compared Mesut Ozil to Dennis Bergkamp But what about their mental strength? Pires again points to the levels of experience within the squad, which should bring character and resilience with it. Stitched NFL Jerseys. . On that note, he says the upcoming game at Old Trafford will be a good test for Arsenals momentum, which they have gathered since losing on the opening day against Liverpool. On the subject of Manchester United, he offers an opinion on two of his fellow countrymen. He believes Paul Pogba is a world-class player and simply needs time to settle into the pace of the Premier League, while Anthony Martials best position is up top.  Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price When we recall the likes of Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira, Ray Parlour and Nicky Butt, and the physical battles that occured on the pitch, Pires says its natural to be physical when two giants collide. Where was Pires when things got feisty? Hiding in the dressing room, he says. Paul Scholes of Manchester United clashes with Robert Pires of Arsenal Stay tuned across all Sky Sports platforms to see Geoff Shreeves full interview with Arsenal legend Robert Pires ahead of his former sides trip to Manchester United this weekend.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Arsenals travel trouble The importance of Carrick Evolution of Ronaldo Ozil Arsenals new Bergkamp ' ' '