in the New York womens race since Waitzs 1988 win. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mär 6 '19
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. David Dahl Jersey . -- Sam Bradford has started all of four games for Minnesota.The Vikings arent yet one-third of the way through their schedule.The early return on that expensive emergency trade the Vikings made for Bradford, though, could not have been better.Theyre the only undefeated team remaining in the NFL, and Bradford has the second-best passer rating in the league (109.8) among quarterbacks with a qualifying amount of attempts.Obviously, its a great start, said Bradford, who was fetched from Philadelphia for a first-round draft pick in 2017 and a conditional selection in 2018 thatll be in the second, third or fourth round. You couldnt ask for anything more than being 5-0 going into your bye week.Waiting for the Vikings after the welcomed break is a road game on Oct. 23 against those Eagles (3-1), who havent missed Bradford one bit because of the success of rookie Carson Wentz.Coach Mike Zimmer cracked a couple of smiles after Minnesotas 31-13 victory over Houston on Sunday, but hell soon enter his usual state of anxiety about the upcoming opponent and how to slow its offense.Like Coach Zimmer said after the game, its still a lot of work this team needs to do, Bradford said. I think theyre still rooting for us to improve, and I think thats our mindset going forward. Were not satisfied. Its early in the year, and we havent accomplished anything yet.No, but the Vikings have at least mastered the art of resilience, after losing quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, running back Adrian Peterson, left tackle Matt Kalil and now right tackle Andre Smith, all perhaps for the rest of the season.Bridgewaters colossal injury to his left knee triggered the deal for Bradford eight days before the opener , and the 28-year-old former No. 1 overall draft pick has meshed with his new teammates and picked up offensive coordinator Norv Turners playbook as if hes been in purple his whole pro career.The offensive coaches have done a great job of getting him prepared, Zimmer said. The one thing about Sam is that he will communicate the things that he likes to do.If we have a play in the game plan that he doesnt like, hes going to tell Norv, and we get rid of the play. We try to do things that hes comfortable with, even though its been a short period of time.When wide receiver Stefon Diggs (groin) was held out on Sunday against the Texans, Adam Thielen stepped up with seven catches for 127 yards and a tone-setting touchdown on the opening drive .I really didnt know much about this team at all, to be honest, before I got here. I think I learn a little bit more each week, Bradford said. I think weve definitely got a lot of playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, a lot of guys that we feel if can get the ball in their hands then good things will happen.According to the NFL, the Vikings are only the second team since 1933 to go five games into the season without throwing an interception while also winning all five. Roman Gabriel and the Los Angeles Rams also did so in 1969, when Gabriel went on to be voted the NFL MVP.Peterson won the award in 2012 and led the league in rushing again last year, but he had only 50 yards on 31 carries before damaging his right knee.His absence, as strange as it sounds, could actually have been a productive development for the offense provided Jerick McKinnon and Matt Asiata remain healthy as a viable two-man fill-in.Bradford, who has completed 70.4 percent of his passes for 990 yards and six touchdowns, acknowledged on Sunday the creative spark that followed the loss of Peterson.Rather than lining up in traditional setups for power running plays, the Vikings have been operating predominantly out of the shotgun and frequently using spread formations for a quick-passing, up-tempo attack.I think thats a little bit different than what the offense has done in the past, Bradford said. I think its just us getting to know each other, us getting familiar with where were going as an offense. But I think its just guys buying in.---AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL coverage on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Rockies Jerseys Authentic . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. Tyler Anderson Jersey . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. http://www.cheaprockiesjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-wade-davis-jersey . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. NEW YORK -- They were running in a field of 52,049 people, the largest ever to run a marathon. But nothing else about them is commonplace. After the way they routed their respective fields in the 46th running of the New York City Marathon on Sunday, they should be called The Queen and The Kid.Kenyas Mary Keitany is 34 years old and Ghirmay Ghebreslassie of Eritrea is just 20. Both are fierce competitors. But they are at such opposite ends of their career, Ghebreslassie often dismisses prerace questions as if he doesnt have a serious doubt in the world, whereas Keitany comically arched an eyebrow and laughed wearily when asked if she thinks she can match Grete Waitzs three-decade-old record of five consecutive titles now that she just captured her third straight New York win by dominating the field.?Maybe ... yes, Keitany haltingly replied, her tone prompting laughter.This was Keitanys first big event since Kenyan selectors left her off their countrys 2016 Rio Olympics team, a snub that she admitted had spurred her training since.?Ghebreslassie might have never been an elite runner at all if his father had his way, but he defied his dads orders to stay in school, and his father got onboard once his son began excelling. Now, he is Eritreas first major marathon champion two times over and has the potential to trouble the likes of Kenyan champion Eliud Kipchoge and Ethiopias Kenenisa Bekele well into the future. It could be dazzling to watch.For now, Ghebreslassie knows his running career is unfurling all in front of him, and he speaks and acts as if he believes he can handle anything in his way.The marathon is an event where conventional wisdom used to hold that better performances arrive later in a runners career, once you learn to manage yourself and the varying courses and the 26.2-mile distance. Many elite runners start out building experience and a mileage base at shorter distances, often in track races. But not Ghebreslassie. Hes a bit of an outlier.Last year as a 19-year-old, he surprised the field in Beijing by becoming the youngest man to win the marathon world championship. Sunday, he also became the youngest winner in the history of the New York Marathon, beating Alberto Salazars and Sheldon Karlins previous record by two years. That makes him a wunderkind, not just The Kid. His winning time of 2 hours, 7 minutes, 51 seconds was just five seconds off his personal record, too, though he was running alone for the last five miles of the rugged five-borough course that has a reputation for being slower than other top marathons like London, site of his previous personal best.When asked the biggest concern he had during Sundays race, Ghebreslassie said, Only the wind. It was a little bit tough for me.Thats it?Told he?seemed supremely confident from the moment he hit town insisting that he wouldnt be hampered by having run the Rio Olympics marathon in 70-some degree heat just 11 weeks ago (he finished fourth but compared the time there to a training run), Ghebreslassie gave a little insight into his philosophy.He says its essential to run confident, and its essential to run with a little healthy respect for the fact that in a marathon, especially, anything can happen. Nolan Arenado Jersey. In order to achieve what you need during the race and before, you must have full confidence, Ghebreslassie said. If you lose your confidence, then you are hopeless. If you lose your hope, you cant do anything.When I took the lead the last couple miles, I was feeling all right, but if I told you I was feeling good and I was confident, I would be lying to you, he added. Theres nothing guaranteed until you cross that finish line. ... I didnt think I had it until I came to [Central] Park and then 400 meters and then 200 meters to go.Perhaps. But the?path to victory just never looked like a struggle for him, or Keitany, for that matter.Related story from Competitor.com: Sundays top finishersRelated story from Competitor.com: 45 reasons we love the NYC MarathonGhebreslassie, Kenyas Lucas Rotich and Ethiopias Lelisa Desisa made their first break from the rest of the pack at about the halfway point of the race, but Desisa was dropped as they ran onto the Willis Bridge and mercilessly picked up the pace between Miles 19 and 20, at one point throwing down a 4:35 mile split. By mile 22, Desisa abandoned the race completely. By then, defending champ Stanley Biwott was long gone too, dropping out nine miles in and blaming a calf injury. Only Ghebreslassie and Rotich were now left, and Ghebreslassie noticed when Rotich couldnt stay with him by the time he turned on First Avenue with about just five miles to go.He stole a look over his shoulder and motioned to the 23-year-old Rotich with his left hand as if to say to Cmon. But Rotich couldnt keep up.I was a little bit angry with him because we were helping each other, Ghebreslassie said.Today was his -- he was stronger than me, Rotich said with a shrug.Ghebreslassie, even in victory, remained enough of The Kid to be given some career advice at his victory news conference by 39-year-old Abdi Abdirahman of the U.S., the surprise third-place finisher among the men. He listened patiently as Abdirahman urged him to seek great results, not just fast cash. It seemed like good advice.Keitany, meanwhile,?probably?doesnt have as many miles or race days in front of her as Ghebreslassie does. But she was still on a record pace by the 20-mile mark though she had been running alone the last half of the race.Her winning time of 2:24.26 gave her a 3-minute, 34-second margin of victory, the biggest in the New York womens race since Waitzs 1988 win. Joyce Chepkirui of Kenya was second (2:28:07), and U.S. Olympian Molly Huddle added to Americas recent uptick in distance running results with an impressive third-place finish (2:28:13) in her marathon debut.Despite their 14-year gap in age, Keitany and Ghebreslassie both came to New York chasing the same thing.?Keitany said, This was a chance to make history.Ghebreslassie added, Im very proud. ' ' '