ithout their most influential player if th | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Mär 7 '19
NEW YORK -- Henrik Lundqvist came up big when the New York Rangers needed him and got a key milestone win. Wholesale Nike Shoes China .Kevin Hayes scored the deciding goal in the shootout and Henrik Lundqvist stopped 29 shots through overtime and three more in the tiebreaker to help the Rangers beat the new Jersey Devils 3-2 Sunday night.Lundqvist stopped Damon Severson in the fourth round of the shootout to secure the Rangers sixth win in seven games and second against the Devils at home in eight days. It also gave Lundqvist his 389th career win, tying him with Dominik Hasek for the most by a European-born goaltender.He was an inspiration to me growing up, Lundqvist said about the feat. He was the first guy I saw play paddle down. I grew up watching him, so this special for sure.Lundqvist has been stellar since serving as the backup to Antti Raanta, who started four straight games from Dec. 8-13. In three games since, Lundqvist is 3-0-0 with a 0.98 goals against average and a .967 save percentage. He also made several big stops on Sunday, which included two saves on New Jersey breakaways, to fend off the Devils.Hank is such a competitor. He works so hard, Rangers center Derek Stepan said. Hes an absolute workhorse -- a great teammate. And I expected nothing less from him.New York coach Alain Vigneault isnt surprised by Lundqvists recent play.This is the start of my fourth year. As soon as I got here, I knew his preparation and his work ethic in practice, Vigneault said. Thats why he was one of the best goaltenders in the league at that time, and he continues to be. He just works at his game, hes really focused, and hes a great person.Mats Zuccarello also scored in the shootout, and Chris Kreider and Derek Stepan had goals in regulation.PA Parenteau and Miles Wood scored and Cory Schneider stopped 24 shots as the Devils lost their sixth straight. Michael Cammalleri had a shootout goal.Things are going to happen in hockey games, Cammalleri said. We arent hiding from the fact that were on a losing streak and we have to get out of it.Parenteau broke a scoreless tie early in the second with his seventh goal of the season and the Devils on the power play. Parenteau pushed a loose puck underneath Lundqvist and off the post, but the Rangers goalie inadvertently hit the puck into the net as he tried to cover it up.The Rangers upped the pressure in the third and after several chances that were stopped by Schneider. New York finally found the back of the net as Mats Zuccarello quickly swung the puck from behind the net to Kreider, who tapped the puck in to even the score at 8:10.The Devils quickly responded to recapture the lead with 9:28 left in the third. Adam Henrique forced Dan Girardi to turn over the puck behind the Rangers net, fought off two Rangers players and sent the puck to Wood, who got a quick shot off in front of the net to give the Devils the 2-1 lead.However the Rangers kept pressing and tied it with 1:13 left in regulation as Stepan redirected the puck past Schneider.Its not the result we wanted so thats a little frustrating and disappointing, Schneider said. I thought our defending was good here against a really offensive team, but again at the end of the day its the two points that matter.Sunday was the final time the Devils will play at Madison Square Garden this season and the loss extended their struggles away from Prudential Center. New Jersey is now 4-11-5 on the road and looking snap their six game skid.Game notes Forwards Jacob Josefson, Luke Gazdic and Devante Smith-Pelly were healthy scratches for New Jersey. . Devils F Andy Greene has skated in 342 consecutive games dating back to March 6, 2012. . Rangers C Mika Zibanejad missed his 15th game due to a broken fibula that he suffered during a game against Ottawa on Nov. 20. . New York scratched F Brandon Pirri and D Adam Clendening.UP NEXTDevils: Host Nashville on Tuesday night.Rangers: At Pittsburgh on Tuesday night. Nike Shoes Wholesale Free Shipping .Y. -- Injured Buffalo Sabres forward Marcus Foligno did not practice with the team Monday and head coach Ron Rolston said its unlikely hell play in Wednesdays season opener in Detroit. Cheap Nike Shoes Womens .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. http://www.shoesnikecheap.com/ . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. Wests Tigers are incensed over the punishment dished out to Ryan James after the Gold Coast forward broke James Tedescos jaw.James is facing a one-match suspension on a grade two careless high tackle charge after hitting a falling Tedesco with a swinging arm during the Titans 19-18 win at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday.The Tigers confirmed on Monday their star fullback suffered a broken jaw and is expected to miss the rest of the NRL season.You touch a ref you get one week, I will let you fill in the blanks, said Tigers forward Joel Edwards when asked about the James penalty.Some of the rulings are pretty funny at the moment, Tigers prop Ava Seumanufagai added.The loss of Tedesco has hit the Tigers slim finals prospects hard.They need to win all three of their remaining games against Penrith (away), the Warriors (away) and Canberra (at Leichhardt Oval) without their most influential player if they are to qualify for the playoffs.Brisbane captain Corey Parker also questioneed the sanction from the match review committee, recalling his punishment for a tackle on Tedesco in State of Origin game three. Nike Shoes Cheap China. You just want to see consistency, Parker told Sky Sports Radios Big Sports Breakfast.I got Tedesco myself in the Origin match. I hadnt been charged in 15 years and got one week.Decisions are made, based on what I was led to believe, the severity of the tackle.And he (James) has broken his jaw, regardless of how it has happened.Hes hit him with a closed fist, swinging arm that has since broken his jaw and he (James) got one week.South Sydney captain Greg Inglis copped a three-week ban for a shoulder charge that broke NSW and Dragons utility Josh Dugans jaw in State of Origin III.James will miss Gold Coasts round 24 clash against Newcastle at Hunter Stadium on Saturday afternoon if he accepts the one-match ban. ' ' '