(2012), Chinas Teresa Lu (2013) a (2012), Chinas Teresa Lu (2013) a | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 14 '19
Rio Olympics quarterfinalist Kidambi Srikanth will lead the Indian challenge at the $ 300,000 Japan Super Series, which starts in Tokyo on Tuesday. Cheap Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys . This will be the first tournament that Srikanth would be participating in post the Olympics.Srikanth had become only the second Indian man to reach the quarterfinals at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. He had lost to two-time Olympic gold medallist and five-time World champion Lin Dan in the quarterfinals, but not before making his Chinese opponent drop his first game at the Rio Games.The 23-year-old from Guntur, seeded eighth, opens his campaign against Parupalli Kashyap at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium on September 21. They had also faced each other last year in the same tournament in the second round with Kashyap emerging victorious then.Commonwealth Games champion Kashyap - who has slipped to world number 74 in the rankings after a spate of injuries - will also be participating in the tournament after qualifying for the main draw.This will be only his second tournament post his return from injury. He had reached the quarterfinals of the tournament last year.Kashyap defeated Austrias David Obernosterer, who retired when trailing 3-11, in the opening round of qualifying. He then defeated Denmarks Anders Antonsen 21-18, 21-12 in the second round to qualify for the main draw. He lost in the second round of the Indonesian Maters, which was his first tournament post a prolonged injury layoff.India will not have any representatives in the womens section as Tanvi Lad lost 21-19, 18-21, 9-21 to Japans Chisato Hoshi in the first round of the womens singles qualifiers. Saina Nehwal is out of action after undergoing a knee surgery while PV Sindhu is yet to return to the circuit post her silver medal winning effort in Rio, the first by a Indian woman in the history of the Olympics.In the main draw, World No. 18 Ajay Jayaram will face Indonesias Sony Dwi Kuncoro, B Sai Praneeth will take on Hong Kongs Ng Ka Long Angus and HS Prannoy will meet Malaysias Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin.Speaking to PTI before the tournament, Prannoy said, I had a good training session ahead of the Japan Open.The conditions will be a little different; it will have usual good drift and I think as the tournament starts it would be really slow, so I have to play accordingly. I am playing Iskandar, I have played him before but that was two years back and he is a different player now. It will be tough. So, its one match at a time for me now.There is no Indian participation in any of the doubles events. Nikita Kucherov Jersey . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. Brayden Point Jersey .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. http:///...-alex-killorn-jersey . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. The LPGA Tour concludes its journey around the Pacific Rim this week with the TOTO Japan Classic at the Taiheiyo Club in Ibaraki. The 54-hole event begins on Friday.The top five players in the world rankings are on hand -- No. 1 Lydia Ko (New Zealand), second-ranked Ariya Jutanugarn (Thailand), No. 3 In Ge Chun (South Korea), fourth-ranked Lexi Thompson (United States) and No. 5 Sei-Young Kim (South Korea).Ko and Jutanugarn are continuing their head-to-head battle for various year-end honors.Jutanugarn, who turns 21 on Nov. 23, leads the LPGA Tour with five victories this season and sits atop the Rolex Player of the Year standings. Shes also second on the money list.Ko tops the money list and is second in the Player of the Year race. The 19-year-old also leads the battle for the Vare Trophy, which is awarded annually to the LPGA player with the Tours lowest scoring average.Ariya has played such great golf throughout the year, and when she won for the first time at Alabama, we kind of all knew it was coming, andd sooner than ever, Ko said. Andrej Sustr Jersey. Shes just playing so consistently well. I mean, shes just overall a very strong, confident player. So yeah, I know that Ive got a lot of work to do these last few events.This tournament is one of the oldest on the LPGA schedule. Its being played for the 43rd time.Defending champion Sun-Ju Ahn of South Korea heads a group of seven past champions in the field, one that includes two-time winners Momoko Ueda of Japan, who won this event in 2007 and 2011, and Jiyai Shin of South Korea, who triumphed in 2008 and 2010. Other past champions include Karrie Webb of Australia, who won here in 2006, American Stacy Lewis (2012), Chinas Teresa Lu (2013) and Mi Hyang Lee of South Korea, the 2014 winner.This marks the first time since 1991 the event is being played near Tokyo. The Minori Course at the Taiheiyo Club will play to 6,646 yards with a par of 71. ' ' '