and played in the 2016 CBI post-season tournament | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Dez 22 '17
SEATTLE -- Stuck in a stretch of facing mostly left-handed pitching, Adam Lind has found himself as a spectator far more than he would prefer. Adidas Red Wings Jerseys .Even with just a handful of at-bats over the past couple of weeks, Lind showed he can still provide pop when given the chance.Lind hit the fourth grand slam of his career as part of Seattles five-run first inning, added a solo home run in his next at-bat and led the Mariners to an 8-3 victory over the Texas Rangers on Wednesday night.Linds 19th and 20th homers of the season helped Seattle jump to an 8-0 lead and kept the Mariners on the fringe of the AL wild card race, five games behind Baltimore. It was the 12th career multi-homer game of Linds career and his second this season.He has the ability to do that. Weve seen it in patches through the course of the year. He just hasnt put together a normal Adam Lind year, Seattle manager Scott Servais said. But you look up at the end of it hes still got 20 homers, hes had some games like this where he can really carry you. He just hasnt been that consistent.Opportunities have been limited for Lind as part of a platoon at first base. Its an unfortunate run that has left Lind and Seth Smith coming off the bench during a stretch of facing left-handed starting pitching.Lind had just 12 plate appearances over the past 10 games coming into Wednesdays game.This is definitely the division with the most lefties, Texas and Anaheim of late, Lind said. I played in the NL Central last year and it was predominantly a right-handed pitching division. Its just how it goes.The homers from Lind were plenty for starter Ariel Miranda in his strongest performance since joining the Mariners.Miranda (3-1) allowed one hit and two baserunners through five innings and was nearly untouched through six before an error kept the sixth inning alive and was capped by Carlos Beltrans three-run homer.Miranda faced one batter in the seventh before being pulled. He won his second straight start, striking out four and walking three. Texas saw its streak snapped of eight straight games scoring at least six runs.Up until now (this) has been my best start of the year, Miranda said through an interpreter.Seattle was already up 1-0 on Texas starter A.J. Griffin after Smiths leadoff double and Ketel Martes single. Base hits by Robinson Cano and Kyle Seager loaded the bases for Lind. Griffin left a fastball elevated over the plate and Lind drove it to deep center field to give Seattle a 5-0 lead.Linds opposite-field home run to left in the third gave Seattle a 7-0 lead and Smiths 13th homer of the season in the fourth pushed the lead to 8-0.Griffin (7-4) lasted four innings, giving up seven hits and all eight runs. Griffin had won his previous two decisions and the four innings was his second-shortest outing of the season.The fastball was flat and when he tried to go in, he missed out over the plate and when he was behind in the count, he wasnt able to land the off-speed pitch that he can normally drop in there for a strike, Texas manager Jeff Banister said. The first (inning) was a big challenge and giving up the grand slam was probably his big blow.AT THE TOPBatting leadoff for the second time this season, Smith was on base four times and scored three runs. He finished a triple short of the cycle.LEWIS RETURNSBanister said Colby Lewis will return to the Rangers rotation this weekend and is scheduled to start on Sunday against the Angels. Lewis has been out since June 21 with a strained muscle in his right shoulder. Before going on the DL, Lewis was 6-1 with a 3.21 ERA in 15 starts. Lewis return will give the Rangers six pitchers in their rotation for the final few weeks.UP NEXTRangers: Derek Holland (7-6) will start the series finale. Holland is 2-1 with a 2.00 ERA in three starts since coming off the DL on Aug. 23.Mariners: Taijuan Walker (4-10) looks to rebound from the shortest start of his career. Walker gave up five earned runs and six hits and recorded just two outs in a loss to the Angels. Hes 0-3 with a 7.90 ERA in his last three starts. Wholesale Red Wings Jerseys . Fellow centre Pavel Datsyuk remains out because of a concussion. Zetterberg has 11 goals and 19 assists for a team-high 30 points, and Datsyuk has a team-high 12 goals and 11 assists. Discount Red Wings Jerseys . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. http://www.cheapredwingsjerseyschina.com/ . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. LOS ANGELES -- Elijah Stewart scored a career-high 30 points, Shaqquan Aaron added a career-high 17, and Southern California beat Montana 75-61 in the season opener for both teams Friday night.The Trojans trailed by double digits in the first half but rallied to win its seventh home opener in the last eight years.We were terrible early and had a lot of turnovers, said Trojans coach Andy Enfield. We missed some easy shots and I think there was some nerves and anxiousness without Benny (Boatwright, starting forward out with an injury). But we kept playing and settled down.Stewart and Shaqquan combined for 12-of-22 shooting, 17 of 20 free throws and 14 rebounds and sparked the 17-4 run that gave USC the lead for good at 20-18.I really didnt take that many shots, I hit my free throws, said Stewart who took 12 shots. Ive learned that the good shooters get to the free-throw line about 10 times a game. Coming into the season, I wanted to work on my free-throw efficiency. Stewart made 14 of 16 from the foul line.Aaron, who sat out last season after transferring from Louisville, was pleased to get back on the hardwood again.I was thinking about it before the game and Its been a long time, its been two years, since Ive been on the court, Aaron said. To be honest, there was some nerves, but it was fun to get back out there. We didnt panic early. Its a long game and we didnt get mad. When you get mad, you lose. We fixed it.USC shot 41.2 percent and outrebounded the Grizzlies 39-32. Montana shot 38.6 percent for the game.Ahmaad Rorie, a redshirt sophomore and Oregon transfer, scored 21 points, including five 3-pointers for the Grizzlies. Fabijan Krslovic added 10 points for Montana.Chimezie Metu added 14 points and seven rebounds for the Trojanss. Red Wings Jerseys Outlet. They had a lot of energy and they rebounded well, said Montana coach Travis DeCuire. We didnt execute and we had too many turnovers and that was the difference.The Grizzlies committed 16 turnovers in the game.USC freshman DeAnthony Melton led the Trojans with eight rebounds.BIG PICTUREMontana: The Grizzlies (20-13 last season) have posted back-to-back 20-win seasons but lost in the final of the Big Sky Tournament and played in the 2016 CBI post-season tournament. Montana last qualified for the NCAA Tournament in 2013.USC: After finishing the 2015-16 with a 21-13 record and qualifying for its first NCAA Tournament since 2011, the Trojans have high expectations for this season.HIGHLIGHT REELFollowing a Grizzlies turnover, Jordan McLaughlin lofted an ally oop pass to 6-11 Chimezie Metu for a thundering dunk that gave USC a 29-21 lead at the 3:30 mark of the first half.INJURIESUSC sophomore power forward Bennie Boatwright, who started 32 games last season and averaged 11.5 points and 5.2 rebounds, did not play due to upper back spasms. His availability is listed day to day. Im not sure when Benny will be back, said Enfield. I dont want to rush him. If it was a PAC 12 championship game he would have played, but I dont want to rush him and get him reinjured. We have a long road to go.UP NEXTMontana plays its home opener on Monday against the Wyoming.USC will host Nebraska-Omaha on Sunday. The Mavericks won 18 games last year, return four starters and played in the CBI post-season tournament last season. UNO opens its season with a road game against Big West opponent UC Santa Barbara on Saturday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '