Quinndary Weatherspoon has averaged 16 points in his last three games | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mär 19 '19
NEWPORT, R. Cheap Salomon Shoes Uk .I. -- Fourth-seeded Marcos Baghdatis of Cyprus beat seventh-seeded Dudi Sela of Israel 6-2, 7-5 on Thursday to advance to the semifinals in the Hall of Fame Tennis Championships.Third-seeded Gilles Muller of Luxembourg and sixth-seeded Adrian Mannarino of France reached the quarterfinals. Muller topped Victor Estrella Burgos of the Dominican Republic 7-6 (7), 6-4, and Mannarino rallied to edge Australias Sam Groth 7-6 (6), 6-3.The 31-year-old Baghdatis kissed the court when the match ended after giving a long embrace at the net to longtime friend Sela. The Cypriot is seeking his fifth career ATP title.We know each other from a very young age, Baghdatis said. A lot of emotions.Playing on the stadium court two days after calling a side court ridiculously bad, the 28-year-old Mannarino lost the first three games of the opening set and fell behind 5-1 before rallying on Newports grass courts.The tournament is held on the grounds of the International Tennis Hall of Fame.Marat Safin and Justine Henin head the 2016 class thats set to be enshrined during a center-court ceremony Saturday.Play was delayed for nearly three hours by rain after Mannarino won the first set.Second-seeded Ivo Karlovic of Croatia, a finalist in Newport the past two years, had his quarterfinal match against Switzerlands Marco Chiudinelli postponed until Friday.Mannarino said that playing inside the stadium helped him relax.For sure, I know that the stadium court is much better than the other court, he said. I knew that today was going to be some real tennis on the court. Thats pretty important to me. If Im going to lose, Im going to because the guy was better than me. I dont like to lose because the conditions were ugly for the players.Once play resumed, Mannarino continued his strong play.I was just trying to focus on my game (during the delay) and what I have to do, he said. It worked pretty well. When I got back on court, I was pretty consistent.Mannarino, the only Frenchman remaining in the field, was handed a French flag by a media member who wished him a Happy Bastille Day at a post-match news conference.On Tuesday, Mannarino said of a side court: The court is just ridiculously bad. Were playing (next to) the other court. Youve got the camera, the microphone on the court. You cant really move. This is really not respectful for the players to come, that kind of court.Mannarino entered the week ranked 55th on the ATP tour. Salomon Outlet Store Uk . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Salomon Shoes Sale Uk http://www.salomonsaleuk.com/ .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. STARKVILLE, Miss. -- East Tennessee States Hanner Mosquera-Perea tipped in the game-winning bucket with 1.4 seconds left as the Bucs defeated Mississippi State 67-65 on Wednesday night.?Mississippi States Lamar Peters sank a 3-pointer to tie the game at 65-65 with 10.9 seconds left. But the last-second put back gave the Bucs their sixth win in the last seven games.I saw the opportunity to come back and help my team win the game, said Mosquera-Perea. Coach tells us to never give up and we didnt. We knew we had to box out and get the rebound. Thats what we did.?Desonta Bradford led East Tennessee State with 15 points while T.J. Cromer added 14.?I thought we played a complete game and we didnt do that Saturday against Dayton, said East Tennessee State head coach Steve Forbes. Mississippi State is young and talented and we knew it would be tough because they are so athletic. But for the most part we were pretty settled most of the game and weathered that storm.?Aric Holman led Mississippi State with 17 points and was one of four Bulldogs in double digits. Mississippi States leading scorer, Quinndary Weatherspoon, was just 3 of 14 from the floor and finished with 13 points. Mario Kegler had 12 and Peters had 10 for the Bulldogs.?Obviously its a tough loss against what I think is a very good team, said Mississippi State head coach Ben Howland. Salomon Shoes Clearance Uk. They are a tough team and a veteran team. I was disappointed in the first half with our transition defense. I tried to make it really clear how good this team is and we were a step slow to start the first half. We just have to get better guarding the ball and staying in front, defensively.Mississippi State (6-3) jumped to an 8-2 lead before the visiting Bucs went on a hot streak. East Tennessee State went on a 12-4 run midway through the first half and took a 29-21 lead with 8:15 left in the half.?The Bucs (8-2) shot 48.1 percent in the first half and led 31-26 at the break. ETSU also held a 20-14 advantage on the boards and outscored the Bulldogs 20-12 in the paint in the first half.BIG PICTUREMississippi State: The Bulldogs travel to Jackson on Monday to face in-state foe Southern Miss at the Mississippi Coliseum.?East Tennessee State: The Bucs finish off a three-game road swing at Morehead State on Saturday.?UP NEXTMississippi State: Quinndary Weatherspoon has averaged 16 points in his last three games and since returning from a wrist injury.?East Tennessee State: The Bucs have now won three straight games against Mississippi State, including two straight in Starkville ' ' '