s. Baltimore backers are hoping hes out, b | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
love520 Dez 29 '17
(Want more Vin Scully? Go to our The Man. Cheap Luke Kuechly Jersey . The Voice. The Stories.)He has been describing baseball games to us for 67 years now. Think about that: 67. Oh, and by the way, he has gotten pretty good at it. But would you like to guess who doesnt think thats, like, the coolest broadcasting feat ever?Vin Scully. Who else?I attribute it to one thing and one thing only -- Gods grace, Scully said in a conference call on Sept. 19, to allow me to do what Ive been doing for 67 years. To me, thats really the story. Not really me. Im just a vessel that was passed, hand to hand, down through all those years.So clearly, we cant leave it to a man this humble to put his career in true historical perspective. But if you ask his peers, it wont take long to learn were not the only ones who think its mind-boggling that Vin Scully has been calling baseball games for 67 years.No one ever did any sport any better than Vin has done baseball, said his old friend, and former colleague at NBC, Bob Costas. And no one ever did whatever their best sport was nearly as long as Vin did baseball. So thats whats really unique. If the question is the greatest all-around sportscaster, he is in the argument, and maybe he wins the argument. But if the question is who the greatest baseball broadcaster is, there is no argument.So what makes Scully special? According to his friends, whats the one common theme? Hes a poet. There is the language of baseball. And then there is the language of Vin Scully, the Shakespeare of the broadcast booth.Charley Steiner, Dodgers broadcaster: I look at us, or at least I look at myself, as a reporter whos running up a sand dune, pencil in his hand, fedora on my head, PRESS attached to the ringband, praying like hell to keep up with a story -- running and just doing everything you can to tell the story as best as you can. And so, were sprinting. Vin, on the other hand, is a poet, and the game seemingly comes to him. He has a wonderful vocabulary. He is well-read, above and beyond baseball. He has the facility to come up with those words in those moments where you just sit back and your jaw drops.Ned Colletti, former sportswriter (and Dodgers GM): If he was a writer, he would be one of the greatest writers of the last century. It could be writing anything. He could be writing spiritual essays. It could be writing politics. It could be writing a love story. It could be writing anything: baseball, sports. He would be one of the greatest writers of our lifetime and the last 100 years because of how he thinks and how he uses the right word.John Lowe, longtime friend and baseball writer: I dont know if how many people know this, but he is able to read lips. ... So it was Game 3 of the 87 NL Championship Series, Cardinals at Giants. That was the Jeff Leonard show, you might remember. ... He (Leonard) hits one out. He goes around the bases, one flap down. The crowds going crazy, and hes standing in the dugout, and the crowd is pleading for a curtain call. And on camera, you see what he says to somebody in the dugout. And Vinny can read his lips and shouts, Leonard has said, Make them wait. And so Vinny says Make em wait. The Sir Laurence Olivier of Candlestick Park.Charley Steiner, on the first Dodgers game he ever broadcast with Scully:?I had finally accomplished my goal. I was going to become the Dodgers announcer. First game. You may remember in 2005, there was a horrible hurricane down there in Florida, and it was really a dicey proposition as to whether or not we were even going to play that first game. There were mud puddles in the outfield. The palm trees, some palm trees, were down. Some were just hanging on. The left-field scoreboard is dangling by a thick wire. And so, Im on the air, the new Dodger guy. Vin is to my left. And Im trying to paint this picture that the field is in disarray, and some palm trees, some big old palm trees, are down and out, some middle-aged palm trees are still kind of hanging on, and they have just planted some new ones. And I think, well, thats pretty good. And now, beginning his (56th) year ... was the voice of the Dodgers. Heres Vin Scully. So Vin kind of sits down, metaphorically speaking, kind of like Van Cliburn. He separates the tails from his jacket, and he sits down, and hes saying, You know, well, Charley, youve been talking about the palm trees, and ... the old palm trees are on the side, and theyre going to be removed. And some of them are just hanging on, and maybe therell be another season. And then theres the new ones that have just arrived. ... Pause. ... But isnt that what spring training is all about? And I said, OK, its time for me to go. I cannot play on this field.When youve done something for 67 seasons, youre bound to impact a wide range of people. From former Cy Young winners to former college classmates to commissioners and colleagues, the depth and breadth of Scullys associations is astonishing. And everyone has a memory. Here are a few more gems we collected in our interviews.Orel Hershiser, current Dodgers broadcaster, former Dodgers Cy Young winner: When you watch TV and youre grazing, theres very few voices in the world that when youre grazing ... if you hear them, you stop. If you hear Vinnys voice, you stop. You stop grazing, and you see thats an important event: Vin Scullys doing it.Jerry Reuss, former Dodgers pitcher, on getting caught up in Scullys storytelling -- during a game:?Id have to sneak back into the clubhouse while the game was going on, and then when Vin started on a story or telling something, Id be stuck there. And Id say, Wait a minute, Ive got to be out there on the bench. Im not here to listen to Vin.Charley Steiner, on Scullys typically polite way of dealing with a mild pregame dinner crisis: Ill give you one little moment which I still find funny. ... They gave us some steak ... a few weeks back, and ... the meat was a little rough. And so, Vin being Vin, says to Maria, the waitress, I think we need a sharper utensil. ... I just looked at him and said, Youre good.Larry Miggins, Cardinals outfielder in the 1950s who went to Fordham with Scully:?We had an assembly at Fordham Prep and all the classes were together. He was sitting right behind me, and he reached over and grabbed my shoulders and said Larry, someday youre going to be in the big leagues. I had played varsity baseball at the time and we had won the City championship. He said, Someday Im going to be in the big leagues (as a broadcaster) and the first time you hit a home run, Ill be there to announce it and tell the world about it. We never talked any more about it, and then it happened -- in 1952. I didnt see him after the game, and I heard about it that winter when we got together with some guys in the Bronx. He got the biggest kick out of it.Giants broadcaster Jon Miller, on when he realized how good Scully was:?I remember when I was a senior in high school and my grandmother lived in Eugene, Oregon. It was about a 10-hour drive, and in the evening the Dodgers played the Cubs. I always remember even that it was the Cubs. And so I heard Vinny do this game, he and Jerry Doggett. And this was probably 1969 Id say, and I dont remember anything about the game. There was nothing fascinating about the game. It was just a regular game. But (listening to) Vinny in the car for the whole game and hearing the whole deal from start to finish, which I had never done before. I just thought it was remarkable how thoroughly entertained I was and how totally caught up into the game that I was, and how Don Kessinger came up and Vinny would weave in the story of how Kessinger decided to become a switch hitter, and how that had so remarkably changed his career, and who it was that had suggested that he try switch-hitting, and he was having so much trouble as a hitter that he felt that he had nothing to lose, because it looked like hes just gonna hit .220, and he wasnt going to be in the big leagues if he hit .220. And Don Kessinger finally hit a popup to short, and he was out. And it was just that he had pushed this guy out and told me something. Now I actually cared about Don Kessinger.Ned Colletti, on the compassion of Scully:?After I left the GM job (in 2014), I talked to Vin on the phone. And the conversation had me in tears by the time it was completed. (He said) Jamie McCourt called me (in 2006, when Colletti was hired) and told me, We just hired a man named Ned Colletti to be our general manager. What do you think? Well, figuratively speaking, Im thinking Im down in the boiler room, and shes up on the top deck. And Im thinking, Why are you asking me? But I told her that I was thrilled and excited and the Dodgers had gotten it right, with a great person and a true baseball man. And he said, You know what, Ned? I was right. ... And now this life will take you to another destination, maybe still with the Dodgers, but another chapter that will be safe and wonderful. And we will never miss you because you will always be a part of our lives and part of our hearts for all the days that remain. I had a tough time getting through it. But I was grateful, forever grateful, that he told me how he felt and didnt mind expressing it to me.Bob Costas, on the special circumstances that helped create the legend:?Hes a unique and distinctive broadcaster. But he also had, and made good use of them, unique circumstances. Hes been at this for so long that his broadcasts are simultaneously current and nostalgic. Youre engrossed in tonights game, and at the same time you are transported to your earliest baseball memories. That can be true if you are 25 or 65. ... What (also) happened with Vin is that hes a local announcer, and people always like the local announcer more than the national announcer because hes announcing, by and large, their teams. And now the technology lets people around the country hear it. They are eavesdropping on a local broadcast. ... And when he did the national broadcast in the 80s, baseball was still pretty close the national pastime. The Game of the Week still mattered. There werent a zillion games on TV and a zillion highlight shows or call anything up you want on the internet. The internet didnt even exist. So think of the rating of the World Series games. ... The last game, Game 7 of the 86 World Series, went up against Washington against the Giants on Monday Night Football -- and the football game got single digits, and the baseball game got like a 37 ... like close to a Super bowl rating. ... These circumstances, start to finish will never be recreated.ESPN.com Dodgers writer Doug Padilla and ESPN The Magazine researcher Doug Mittler contributed to this report China Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys . Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shootout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night. Cheap Carolina Panthers Jerseys . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. http://www.cheapcarolinapanthersjerseysauthentic.com/ . After Martin Skrtel put the Reds in front from close range at Stamford Bridge after only four minutes, Hazard hit back in the 17th with a superb strike. Etoo gave Jose Mourinhos team a decisive lead from Oscars back pass in the 34th. Its Week 9 of the NFL season. Chalks Vegas experts have you covered with comprehensive betting previews for all of Sundays action, included together in one handy file.Dave TuleyLast week: 1-3-1 against the spread with best bets (marked with an *); 3-0 with over/under best bets; 2-5 ATS on picks on all other games; 1-0 on O/U leans.Season to date: 26-20-2 (56.5 percent) on ATS best bets; 17-12 (58.6 percent) with O/U best bets, including Atlanta-Tampa over 51 on Thursday night; 32-37-1 on ATS leans, including Tampa Bay +3.5 on Thursday night; 6-5 on over/under leans.Mike ClayLast week: 0-0 on ATS best bets; 0-0 with O/U best bets.Season: 40-27-2 (59.7 percent) on ATS best bets; 34-28 (56.5 percent) on O/U best bets.Erin RynningLast week: 1-0 on ATS best bets; 1-1 on O/U best bets, 1-0 on ATS leans, 1-0 on O/U leans.Season: 8-9 (47.1 percent) on ATS best bets; 13-11 (54.2 percent) on O/U best bets, including loss on Atlanta-Tampa under on Thursday night; 5-2 ATS on leans, 1-0 on O/U leans.Rufus Peabody Last week: 1-4 on ATS best bets; 2-3 on O/U best bets; 1-0 on O/U leans.Season: 10-13 (43.4 percent) on ATS best bets; 5-10 (33.3 percent) on O/U best bets; 5-4-2 on ATS leans, 1-2 onn O/U leans. Wholesale Carolina Panthers Jerseys. Note: All odds courtesy of the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook as of Friday morning.Matchup: Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore RavensSpread: Opened Pittsburgh -2.5; now Pittsburgh -3 (-120) Total: Opened 46; now 46 PickCenter public consensus pick: 78 percent PittsburghPublic perception: This game has been off the board all week due to the questionable status of Ben Roethlisberger (knee). Pittsburgh backers obviously prefer Big Ben to start instead of Landry Jones. Baltimore backers are hoping hes out, but encouraged by fact that Roethlisberger is 2-5 in his career in his first game back from injury. As of 10:45 a.m., this line was up to Pittsburgh -3 (-120).Wiseguys view: A few books put up this line during the week with either team being favored by a point or two. With books making Steelers around 2- to 3-point favorites this morning and taking bets on the game, it can be assumed they expect Big Ben to play. With the line getting bet up to -3 (-120) -- and -3.5 offshore -- theres sharp money also expecting him to be on the field. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Mitglied
wq123 Jan 12 '18

- The nike air max Anaheim Ducks coach bags and nike free 5.0 Los Angeles hilfiger outlet Kings nfl bears are louboutin ready to put north face outlet all the michael kors australia talk soccer outlet online and longchamp hype coach outlet sale surrounding cheap michael kors their swarovski crystal meeting hermes bags at baseball jerseys Dodger barbour women jackets Stadium jerseys from china behind them. ray ban sunglasses CLEVELAND -- Justin Verlander birkenstock taschen outlet showed signs of nba jerseys outlet his michael kors outlet online old jimmy choo form. air max However, kate spade outlet online the birkenstock taschen deutschland Detroit louboutin shoes Tigers still adidas superstar needed someone kanye west shoes to bail them out Saturday hilfiger night. celine handbags Two-time polo ralph lauren outlet online AL adidas shoes outlet MVP Miguel michael kors outlet online Cabrera fake rolex was the longchamp taschen right man for the ray ban job. Cabrera nfl steelers doubled with one puma out in the polo ralph lauren outlet 10th free run inning nike.de to charlotte hornets jersey drive in the ralph lauren uk go-ahead run and nike huaraches lift baseball bats the burberry handbags Tigers nfl jerseys to rayban sunglasses a 5-4 win over the Cleveland ray ban wayfarer Indians. Verlander was one nfl eagles out away true religion outlet from winning timberland outlet for the only michael kors purses the second flat iron time fitflop in tory burch sale seven starts, moncler women jackets but closer knicks jerseys Joe Nathan (4-2) nfl broncos blew ua stephen curry a save nfl chargers for the nike mercurial vapor fifth burberry time this chi hair season air max 2014 when shop coach factory Michael Bourns two-out single cheap true religion tied tommy hilfiger the nike air max 2015 score. salvatore ferragamo "Nobody kevin durant shoeskobe bryant shoes said huaraches this omega watches game nop jerseys was easy," Verlander mont blanc pens said. pandora bracelets Ian Kinsler coach outlet opened the nfl redskins 10th cheap oakley sunglasses with a single off Cody Allen burberry uk (3-2). Following a burberry handbags sacrifice, oakley prescription Cabrera true religion jeans women hit Allens soccer shoes second pandora jewellery pitch zapatillas nike off relojes especiales the air max wall in jordan shoes left-centre, scoring barbour mens jackets Kinsler. pandora Indians manager Terry Francona was faced with hugo boss outlet a ralph lauren online tough decision -- cleveland cavaliers jerseys pitch replica watches to coach factory outlet online Cabrera michael kors or nfl raiders walk him intentionally and chicago bulls go after Victor christian louboutin shoes Martinez, wholesale handbags who homered in supra footwear the louboutin second and beats audio had mcm handbags an RBI single in the sixth. pandora "Sometimes nike air max you polo ralph lauren have nfl bengals to choose air jordan which lunette ray ban pas cher one c&c beanies wholesale you nfl colts are nfl buccaneers going montre pas cher to ferragamo pitch ray ban sunglasses outlet to," cheap oakley Francona said. michael kors "Youd rather occhiali oakley not san antonio spurs face both of them, but sometimes coach factory outlet online youve got to. Sometimes converse youve puma outlet store just got polo ralph lauren outlet to get them out." timberland homme Tigers manager replica rolex Brad adidas.de Ausmus was asics happy adidas he didnt have supra shoes to make mont blanc that choice. "I michael kors purses knew polo ralph they couldnt jordan release dates walk both lacoste polos of them designer handbags so I lunette oakley pas cher felt tommy hilfiger outlet stores good jerseys from china taking levis outlet store my prada shot," fred perry shoes he vans schuhe said. ray ban zonnebril Phil jimmy choo shoes Coke rolex replica pitched pistons jersey the roshes 10th for his first save. Verlander allowed two runs in seven innings, and cheap basketball shoes Rajai Davis and Kinsler homered ray ban in the sixth, giving kobe bryant jersey Detroit a 4-2 ray ban outlet lead. The Indians scored in michael kors handbags the eighth, but michael kors outlet online sale Nathan laboured in birkenstock outlet the true religion ninth, oakley sunglasses outlet throwing 32 pitches michael kors outlet in salomon schuhe the shoes on sale ninth. He struck out longchamp the first armani clothing two hitters, ralph lauren but singles by adidas shoes David Murphy and Yan Gomes michael kors purses put hollister online shop deutschland runners valentino shoes outlet at marc jacobs outlet first and third. Bourn slapped a single through nba jerseys the chrome hearts jewelry left adidas neo side burberry outlet online to asics tie cheap michael kors it. christian louboutin Verlander north face backpacks rebounded from a adidas sneakers stretch where coach factory outlet online he replica handbags had oakley sunglasses outlet lost five coach factory online of hermes birkin six coach factory outlet online decisions, including three free running straight starts. beats by dre The former dsquared2 jeans AL gafas oakley MVP and hollister Cy Young winner, held the Indians the north face to nfl chiefs four hits rolex and struck burberry out kate spade outlet eight. Verlander, nike tn requin who russell westbrook jersey was nike.dk 2-5 babyliss with ray ban sunglasses a 7.83 michael kors outlet online ERA in abercrombie his last scarpe hogan seven red bottoms starts ralph lauren shirts going dsquared2 shoes into the ray ban sbocco game, gave fred perry up guciheaven a solo portland trail blazers homer cheap eyeglasses to minnesota timberwolves Carlos uhren Santana hermes outlet in michael kors the fourth orlando magic and allowed an unearned hollister run in swarovski the christian louboutin second. "This mcm outlet last michael kors v?skor month mcm bags has been pretty utah jazz frustrating, nfl azcardinals but jordans for sale I saw new balance some juicy couture swings that were different out michael kors there," burberry outlet online Verlander said. versace outlet Francona wassnt bcbg max azria fooled mizuno running shoes by Verlanders recent oakley numbers. burberry sale - The barbour women jackets Anaheim polo outlet online Ducks nike huarache and swarovski australia Los memphis grizzlies Angeles Kings the north face outlet are nike.com ready to skechers put all the nike roshe talk and nike outlet hype ralph lauren tracksuits surrounding giuseppe zanotti their meeting at Dodger versace shoes outlet Stadium vans outlet behind them. nfl falcons CLEVELAND ecco women shoes -- mia jersey Justin Verlander showed signs of his air max shoes old hogan form. barbour outlet However, north face the ray ban sunglasses Detroit Tigers still needed burberry online shop someone oakley sunglasses to bail them cheap jerseys out polo ralph lauren Saturday night. new balance Two-time AL MVP Miguel burberry outlet Cabrera was vans shoes the nike free run right man coach purses for the ralph lauren job. Cabrera doubled with cheap oakley sunglasses one out coach outlet in nike air force the coach outlet 10th inning to indiana pacers drive nike air in roshe run the skechers go-ahead run and nike air lift the bottega Tigers to a nfl jets 5-4 womens hoodies win thomas sabo uk over nets jersey the coach factory outlet online Cleveland Indians. iphone 5 cases Verlander was air jordans one adidas.se out swarovski jewelry away ferragamo shoes from instyler ionic styler winning ray ban outlet for ferragamo outlet the only the second juicy couture clothings time in moncler outlet online seven starts, nike free shoes but closer denver nuggets Joe Nathan air jordan retro (4-2) blew a nfl 49ers save longchamp outlet for nfl vikings the fifth time this nfl cowboys season michael kors bags when longchamp handbags Michael Bourns oakley two-out single burberry bags outlet tied nike roshe the bos jersey score. "Nobody nfl rams said this game was moncler outlet online easy," jerseys from china Verlander michael kors bags said. Ian Kinsler bottega veneta opened northface the 10th with a nike mercurial single ray bans off Cody Allen ralph lauren factory store (3-2). Following vibram shoes a washington wizards sacrifice, fidget spinner Cabrera thomas sabo hit Allens second pitch off michael kors bags the nba jerseys wall in nfl saints left-centre, nfl patriots scoring michael kors canada Kinsler. Indians manager Terry louboutin outlet Francona timberland shoes was faced with oakley sunglasses a burberry handbags tough los angeles clippers decision iphone 4s cases -- pitch hollister clothing store to air max 90 Cabrera philipp plein clothes or walk him ralph lauren uk intentionally and go after nfl packers Victor Martinez, who giuseppe shoes homered nike.se in nfl giants the second and had long champ an ralph lauren RBI burberry handbags single in kate spade the sixth. prada sunglasses "Sometimes swarovski you have to nfl seahawks choose which one ralph lauren outlet online you are going nike air force to pitch rayban to," oakley outlet online Francona cheap oakley sunglasses said. pandora rings "Youd rather reebok shoes not face new balance shoes both michaelkors.com of the north face them, but roche run sometimes ed hardy clothing youve skechers womens shoes got to. philadelphia 76ers jersey Sometimes youve just got to get sac jerseys them out." new balance store Tigers nfl titans manager Brad Ausmus prada handbags was cheap jerseys happy he beats by dre didnt have to coach outlet online make that prada outlet choice. "I knew hollister co they couldnt walk nike store both nike online of them so marc jacobs handbags I cheap true religion felt good coach outlet taking my hogan shoes outlet shot," he said. Phil nike outlet store Coke mbt shoes outlet pitched the 10th for his nfl lions first designer handbags save. Verlander allowed stone island store two runs mcm backpack outlet in pandora seven plein outlet innings, and michael kors handbags Rajai Davis burberry outlet online and Kinsler homered in the sixth, giving replica watches Detroit a 4-2 lead. cheap jerseys The new balance Indians suns jerseys scored nike air max in fendi outlet online the eighth, but Nathan polo ralph lauren laboured in the converse shoes ninth, cheap glasses throwing coach black friday 32 pitches ralph lauren polo in givenchy bags outlet the nike air max 2014 ninth. He struck air max 95 out the first michael kors bags two nike outlet hitters, but singles north face pas cher by David converse chucks Murphy and nfl panthers Yan Gomes put coach outlet online runners at coach outlet first and oakley third. Bourn slapped mcm bags a single ralph lauren through nfl texans the left ray ban sunglasses side to tie it. Verlander nike free shoes rebounded www.tommyhilfiger.nl from nike max a ralph lauren outlet stretch where he converse outlet had milwaukee bucks lost five cheap jerseys of six the north face decisions, barbour mens jackets including three prada outlet straight gsw jerseys starts. nfl browns The cheap ray ban former AL tommy hilfiger MVP and nfl jaguars Cy dre beats Young softball bats winner, held air jordan shoes the nfl bills Indians to asics gel four hits and struck calvin klein out eight. dansko shoes Verlander, north face jackets who roshe run was reebok 2-5 toronto raptors with michael kors outlet online sale a replica watches 7.83 ERA in oakley outlet his last seven starts going thomas sabo into the dallas mavericks jersey game, gave katespade outlet up a michaelkors.com solo watches homer to Carlos longchamp outlet Santana in timberland boots the fourth and allowed an nfl ravens unearned swarovski run in the nfl dolphins second. "This last ralph lauren outlet month nike air max has oakley sunglasses cheap been tommy hilfiger online shop pretty frustrating, cheap oakley but I salvatore ferragamo saw some swings mizuno running that woolrich outlet online were nba jerseys different tory burch shoes out bcbg dresses there," Verlander cheap nike shoes said. Francona rayban wassnt houston rockets fooled true religion jeans outlet by Verlanders recent numbers.

hollister kids