ng 51.8 percent and averaging just 11.5 turnovers a ga | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Mär 29 '19
TROON, Scotland -- Phil Mickelson pointed his putter toward the hole and was ready to step right into major championship history Thursday in the British Open. Cheap Nike Air Max For Sale Online .Instead, he endured another dose of heartache.All because of a 63.The 16-foot putt looked good until the last turn, catching the right side of the cup. The ball then rode the edge until it sat there on the other side of the hole. Mickelson plopped his hand on his forehead in disbelief. His caddie, Jim Bones Mackay, toppled onto his back.I want to cry, Mickelson said.No tears were necessary at Royal Troon, not after a round that was brilliant even by Leftys standards, and certainly not after building a three-shot lead over Patrick Reed and Martin Kaymer on an ideal day by the Irish Sea.Mickelson seized the moment with a birdie on the par-5 16th from a bunker short of the green, and a 4-iron to 15 feet for birdie on the par-3 17th to reach 8-under par. Over the last 43 years in the majors, there had been 27 rounds of 63. No one had shot 62.Mickelson knew that. He also knew he most likely would never get a chance like this after his 6-iron settled 16 feet from the hole on No. 18.That putt on 18 was an opportunity to do something historical, he said. I knew it, and with a foot to go I thought I had done it. I saw that ball rolling right in the center. I went to go get it. I had that surge of adrenaline that I had just shot 62. And then I had the heartbreak that I didnt and watched that ball lip out. Wow, that stings.MARATHON CLASSICSYLVANIA, Ohio -- Hyo Joo Kim bogeyed her final hole for a 5-under 66 and a share of the Marathon Classic lead with fellow South Korean player Mirim Lee and Japans Haru Nomura.Celebrating her 21st birthday, Kim had four birdies in a six-hole stretch on her second nine at rain-softened Highland Meadows. She won the season-opening event in the Bahamas for her third career title.Nomura won the Womens Australian Open in February for her first LPGA Tour title and took the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic in April in California.Ariya Jutanugarn, the long-hitting Thai player who won three straight events in May, was a stroke back at 67 along with American Kelly Shon and Frances Celine Herbin.Top-ranked Lydia Ko birdied her final two holes to join second-ranked Brooke Henderson in the group at 68. Brittany Lang, coming off a playoff victory over Anna Nordqvist on Sunday in the U.S. Womens Open, had a 70. Nordqvist also shot a 70.BARBASOL CHAMPIONSHIPOPELIKA, Ala. -- Angel Cabrera and Jhonattan Vegas dominated the par-5 holes in steamy conditions to share the Barbasol Championship.The 46-year-old Cabrera, from Argentina, eagled the par-5 13th on Grand Nationals Lake Course, holing a 60-footer from the fringe, and birdied the two other par 5s in a bogey-free 6-under 65.Cabrera, 2007 U.S. Open champion and 2009 Masters winner, is one of two major champions in the field at the PGA Tour event played opposite the British Open.Vegas, from Venezuela, also eagled the 13th -- making a 20-footer -- and birdied the other par 5s in a bogey-free round. He won the 2011 Bob Hope Classic for his lone tour title.Former Auburn player Blayne Barber was a stroke back at 66 along with Martin Laird, Ben Crane, Shawn Stefani, Matt Bettencourt, Michael Kim and Lucas Lee. Former Auburn player Michael Johnson shot a 67 in his pro debut. Cheap Air Max Trainers . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Nike Air Max Cheap Wholesale . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. http://www.cheapairmaxforsale.us/ . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Klint Carlson scored 22 points and ignited a second-half rally that carried Northern Iowa to a 73-67 overtime win over Oklahoma on Friday night in the winners bracket of the Tire Pros Invitational.Jeremy Morgan scored 17 points, had seven steals and four blocks and Jordan Ashton had 13 for the Panthers (3-0), who rallied from an 18-point second half deficit to win.Jordan Woodard and Kristian Doolittle had 13 points apiece for Oklahoma (2-1), which had only one field goal in the final 11 minutes of regulation. Khadeem Lattin and Rashard Odomes contributed 11 points each.We accomplished a lot tonight with the way the guys stuck with it, Northern Iowa coach Ben Jacobson said. Everything had to go our way for us to have a chance. It was fun to see the guys get rewarded for making a couple of shots and making a game out of it Carlson, who had 18 points in the last six minutes of regulation and overtime, nailed a 3-pointer from straight on to break a 64-all tie with 42.9 seconds left in overtime.I guess I was feeling it, Carlson said. I dont even remember how many shots I took, but at that point, I was just glad they were going in.The Panthers added two free throws to go ahead 69-64 before Woodard nailed a 3-pointer to make it a 69-67 game with 8.8 seconds to go.Morgan iced the game with four free throws in the final six seconds.UNI made five 3-pointers during a 26-5 run that erased an 18-point deficit in the second half. Carlson made three of the bombs, including the one that put UNI ahead 57-54 with 52 seconds left in the game.We didnt handle that run very well, Oklahoma coach Lon Krueger said. But as disappointing as this is, there was a lot to learn from this. Cheap Wholesale Air Max Shoes. Turnovers, value possessions, finish plays strong, those are all things well get better at.The Panthers pushed the edge to 59-54 with 27 seconds left in regulation before Sooners forward Khadeem Lattin made two free throws and Doolittle hit a game-tying 3-pointer with 12.6 seconds left.Ashton was off with a 3-pointer to win the game for UNI at the buzzer.BIG PICTURE:Oklahoma will love what it saw from the first 30 minutes. The Sooners used their size and strength advantage to build an 18-point advantage and looked like they would coast to an easy win. Lot of really good things at both ends of the floor in the first 30 minutes, Krueger said. Lot of bad things the last 15.The takeaway for Jacobson is that his team has a lot of heart. The Panthers were getting beat every which way, but still fought for every possession and were rewarded. We kept playing defense and rebounding when our offense was not very good and I like that, Jacobson said. And the other thing I like was that a relatively new group believed we could get all the way back.SAD STARTNorthern Iowa committed five turnovers and hit only three of its first 15 shots against Oklahoma. The Panthers shot 25.9 percent (7 of 27) for the first half, trailing 31-18. UNI came into the game shooting 51.8 percent and averaging just 11.5 turnovers a game.UP NEXTNorthern Iowa plays Xavier Sunday night in the championship game of the tournament.Oklahoma will take on Clemson for third-place Sunday afternoon. ' ' '