e hes close to 100 per cent, theres the potential for him to play. | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Mär 31 '19
MILWAUKEE -- Joe Mauer is giving the umpires a good look at his home runs lately. Matt Martin Jersey . Mauer wound up with a home run instead of a double after the umpiring crew went to video replay, and the Minnesota Twins beat the Milwaukee Brewers 6-3 Monday. On Saturday, the umps reviewed a drive by Mauer in a 3-2 win over Detroit and upheld their call that it was a homer. "Its funny, thats my second review in three days," Mauer said. "The first time they ruled it a home run originally and the outfielder came in and tried to plead his case that it wasnt. They went back and reviewed it and it was." "Im two for two, which is good. But, its kind of weird to have two home run reviews in three days," he said. The ball hit the padding atop the fence and then appeared to strike a back wall, making it a home run. The second base umpire was Angel Hernandez -- he was the chief in Cleveland earlier this month when Hernandez and his crew mistakenly failed to reverse a call on the field and rule a home run. The Twins won for only the second time in 13 games. Carlos Gomez homered twice for the Brewers. Minnesota led 4-3 when Mauer led off the seventh inning against Tom Gorzelanny with a long fly to left field. Mauer stopped at second base. "They obviously signalled a double out there," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said. "I was honestly sitting right here (in the clubhouse) talking with my starting pitcher. I looked at the monitor and I just took off running out and said thats a home run. They said, Well talk and well go get it right. Easy enough." Moments later, Mauer had his fourth home run of the season. "I thought it was a homer," Mauer said. "Nobody had made a call yet, so I just stayed on the base. Im just glad they went and reviewed it and got it right. Nobody wants a homer taken away from them like that. Hats off to them for going in there and getting it right." Kevin Correia (5-4) pitched six innings and gave up three solo homers. Glen Perkins pitched a perfect ninth inning for his 10th save. Wily Peralta (3-6) allowed four runs on five hits and five walks in five innings. He lost his fourth consecutive start. The Twins took advantage of Peraltas wildness in the fifth. Brian Dozier reached on an infield single with one out, Mauer and Justin Morneau walked and Ryan Doumit lined a two-out, two-run single to make it 4-1. "Two outs with runners on first and second, he walked Morneau on some pitches that werent that close," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "At the time, that was a big at-bat. Doumit gets a hit and they get two runs." Jean Segura and Gomez hit back-to-back homers to open the sixth. Chris Parmelees solo homer in the eighth put the Twins up 6-3. Gomez hit his ninth homer leading off the fourth. The Brewers loaded the bases with none out in the first but didnt score. Yuniesky Betancourt lined into a double play and Jeff Bianchi struck out. "I was kind of off in the first," Correia said. "To get out of that with no runs was huge. You feel so much better about going back out there in the second inning. It changes your mindset. I felt great the rest of the game." NOTES: Alfredo Figaro will start Tuesday against the Twins. He is 0-0 with a 3.46 ERA in 15 appearances, all in relief. Figaro was a starter the last two seasons for Orix in Japan. ... Bianchi bunted for a single, giving the Brewers 64 infield hits, tops in the major leagues. ... Josh Roenicke, nephew of Brewers manager Ron Roenicke, relieved to start the seventh inning for the Twins. Josh Roenicke is the son of former major league outfielder Gary Roenicke. ... Brewers star Ryan Braun, held out of the starting lineup with a sore thumb, pinch-hit in the ninth and lined out to end the game. Kris Versteeg Jersey . -- Arizona raced out to a big lead and did not back off, hitting the accelerator instead. James Van Riemsdyk Jersey . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. http://www.cheapmapleleafsjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-grant-fuhr-jersey . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Sure, Brandon Moss would like to have more than five hits in his last 40 at-bats. Its not so bad, though, considering all five have cleared the fences. Moss hit a two-run homer and a solo shot for his third career two-homer game, and the Oakland Athletics beat the New York Yankees 5-2 on Wednesday night to win their 10th straight home game. Moss hit his 10th homer in the second inning and 11th with a solo drive in the eighth. He also connected twice April 29 against the Angels. Of his five hits over 40 at-bats in his last 19 games, all are home runs. "Last year in Triple-A, I did it at exactly this time. I had three weeks straight where the only hits I had were home runs," Moss said. "Ill take that. Its not where I want to be, obviously. Id much rather be getting hits also. I said it a long time ago, Ive done it before where Ive sacrificed power for hits. It still didnt turn out well. ... If youre able to contribute and drive in runs when you do connect its definitely better than taking your seat." Moss power stroke helped Dan Straily (4-2) win his third consecutive decision. John Jaso added an RBI double and a run-scoring single for Oakland. The As (40-27) won for the 20th time in 25 games and are off to their best start since 1990. Brett Gardner drew a one-out walk in the sixth to end a stretch of 11 straight Yankees retired by Straily. Robinson Cano singled and Mark Teixeira hit a sacrifice fly. New York missed a scoring chance during an odd sequence in the seventh. Jayson Nix hit a two-out RBI single and stole second. With Nix as the potential tying run, Lyle Overbay came out to pinch-hit with a 1-0 count already against Austin Romine. As manager Bob Melvin then made his own switch, to reliever Sean Doolittle. Chris Stewart came on to pinch-hit for Overbay, who never reached the batters box but was credited for appearing in the game. Stewart struck out on a changeup to end the inning. "Ive never done that before. That was weird," Doolittle said. "I was like, Whats going to happen here? ... I didnt really know what was going on. Ive never, in my short time as a pitcher, come in in the middle of a count like that." Doolittle then pitched a perfect eighth before Grant Balfour finished for his 17th save of the season and 35th in a row dating to April 29, 2012. He retired Nix on a broken-bat comebacker to end it with runners on first and second. Straily, coming off a pair of no-decisions, allowed two or fewer runs for the fourthh time in five outings. Nikita Zaitsev Jersey. . He gave up two runs and three hits in 6 2-3 innings. Oakland owns its longest unbeaten streak at home since another 10-game run from Aug. 11 to Sept. 1, 2006. The As secured their first season series victory against the Yankees since going 4-2 in 2007. Moss, now batting .228, sent the first pitch he saw from Phil Hughes (3-5) over the right-field scoreboard in the second following Josh Reddicks leadoff single. "It was just a matter of time," Melvin said of Moss finding a groove. "He was such an instrumental part last year." After a 1-2-3 fourth inning, Hughes issued a leadoff walk to Eric Sogard in the fifth. Jasos double one out later and another walk to Seth Smith ended the right-handers night. Hughes walked a season-high five and lost for the third time in four decisions. He allowed three runs on four hits and struck out three in 4 1-3 innings. He hadnt walked more than two batters all season. The Yankees havent hit a home run in a season-high five straight games -- the clubs longest drought since also going five games from May 17-21, 2006. "Its part of the game. You have to fight your way out of it," manager Joe Girardi said. "We know the guys are capable." NOTES: Yankees RHP Michael Pineda, working his way back from shoulder surgery 14 months ago, threw a 75-pitch bullpen session. He had been set to pitch in a minor league game this weekend but instead will throw a simulated game Friday at the teams complex in Tampa, Fla. "This way we can control it," Girardi said. "The other day he had one long inning. If Tampa would have been at home he would have pitched in that game." ... As CF Coco Crisp is nursing a bruised heel -- which happened sometime after his first-inning home run Tuesday before his next at-bat -- and sat out after hitting home runs the previous two games. "He felt it when he got up this morning," Melvin said. "He felt better when he got to the park and got some treatment. We wont take any chances with him but if he comes in tomorrow and feels like hes close to 100 per cent, theres the potential for him to play." ... As LF Yoenis Cespedes also was sidelined because of tightness in his left hamstring that forced him to leave after the second inning Tuesday. ... RHP Jarrod Parker (5-6) pitches the series finale for the As on Thursday afternoon opposite Hiroki Kuroda (6-5). ... Gardner failed to get a hit for just the third time in 19 games since May 24. ' ' '