it takes everybody to do their job | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 6 '19
MARSEILLE, France -- Russian teen Evgenia Medvedeva and Japans Yuzuru Hanyu did not even need their best skating to successfully defend their Grand Prix Final titles on Saturday. Cheap NFL Jerseys China .The 17-year-old Medvedeva stumbled on her first jump and, being a strict perfectionist, this was still playing on her mind after the medal ceremony.I expected more from myself. I wanted to do more and I could have done more, she said. The mistake was hard to overlook. It happened to me for the first time that I missed that first (jump).Hanyu botched a quad salchow and failed to complete a triple lutz and yet still won a fourth straight title.But they had enough of a lead from their short programs, and also got some help from their rivals.I feel this was a really good experience, I learned something here, Hanyu said.As he skated to the haunting strings and piano of Hope and Legacy by Japanese composer Jo Hisaishi, the crowd was engrossed.Hanyu started well, executing his quad loop jump as if tip-toeing onto a velvet cushion, rather than landing on rock-hard ice. So when he fell on his quad salchow-triple toe loop attempt, the crowd gasped in surprise. But they still showered the arena with flowers at the end.Im able to connect with the audience, Hanyu said.His winning score of 293.90 put him way ahead of his established main rivals: Two-time former champion Patrick Chan of Canada and two-time world champion Javier Fernandez of Spain. Both failed to finish in the top three.Instead, 17-year-old American Nathan Chen got the best free score to finish second overall in his first senior Final with 282.85 points, doing just enough to beat 18-year-old Shoma Uno of Japan on 282.51.It came as a surprise to me to come out with a medal today, Chen said.Uno matched his third-place finish from last year.Chan was second after Thursdays short program, and Fernandez third.They both crumbled.Fernandez stumbled on his quad salchow attempt and fell on the next jump -- a triple axel -- to finish fourth overall.Chan did not skate like a three-time world champion, falling three times to drift down to fifth, with only American Adam Rippon behind him.Those patchy performances put Hanyus rare errors and Medvedevas blip into perspective.Medvedeva could afford to make a mistake, too, having scored a world record in the short program.When she came onto the ice for her free, the cheers were still echoing around the Palais Omnisports in Marseille following a clinical and elegant lead-grabbing performance from Japans Satoko Miyahara to the sounds of Gustav Holsts The Planets.Medvedeva appeared a little nervous, stumbling backward on the ice after landing awkwardly on a triple flip, triple toe loop.She glared at the ice, giving it a look of disdain.But this seemed to spur her on, and her triple lutz was perfect, as were the triple loop and triple flip.There is always a back-up plan, Medvedeva said.Gaining in confidence, the world champion executed a triple salchow-triple toe loop and then a double axel as if going through her training drills.When her winning score of 227.66 points came in, she wiped her brow. She need not have, because the scores did not end up close.Miyahara scored 218.33 as she finished runner-up for a second time.Anna Pogorilya made it two Russian women on the podium, rising up to third on 216.47.Earlier, former Olympic champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir won the ice dance, clinching the elusive title for the first time in their comeback year.Leading after the short program, the Canadians won comfortably, scoring 197.22 to beat French pair Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron by more than four points (192.81).World silver medalists Maia and Alex Shibutani, who are brother and sister, were second overnight but the Americans dropped to third with 189.60.Virtue and Moir, who are also two-time world champions, returned to competitive skating this year after two years away.They won gold at the 2010 Games on home ice in Vancouver, and took silver two years ago at the Sochi Games in Russia behind Americans Merly Davis and Charlie White.They were also second to Davis and White in the Final for three consecutive years from 2012-14, but there was no stopping them this time. Wholesale Jerseys 2018 . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Cheap Jerseys From China . After taking two big hits this week -- losing at home and dropping back-to-back games for the first time all season -- Indiana struck back by playing its most complete game of the year. http://www.wholesalecheapchinajerseys.net/ . First off, the fans ripped the Cubbies introduction of a fuzzy new kid-friendly mascot named "Clark". Calvin Johnson, who retired from the NFL early because his body was starting to break down, said many players are choosing to do whatever it takes to stay on the field.That includes taking painkillers.I guess my first half of my career before they really, you know, before they were like started looking over the whole industry, or the whole NFL, the doctors, the team doctors and trainers they were giving them out like candy, you know? Johnson said in an interview with ESPNs Michael Smith for E:60 that debuts Thursday at 10 p.m. ET.If you were hurting, then you could get em, you know. It was nothing. I mean, if you needed Vicodin, call out, My ankle hurt, you know. I need, I need it. I cant, I cant play without it, or something like that. It was simple. Thats how easy it was to get em, you know. So if you were dependent on em, they were readily available.Johnson, 30, said he knew he couldnt do what it would take to overcome his injuries, of which there were many, to keep playing. The former Detroit Lions star underwent knee, ankle and finger surgeries. He retired in March after nine seasons in the NFL.I know where my bodys at, know how it feels, you know, he said. I know how it felt to one, get it to go every day. And to be out there actually doing it every day, you know -- the pain to do it. So Im just like -- and you cant take Toradol and pain medicine every day, you know. You gotta give that stuff a rest, and that was one thing I wasnt willing to do.Johnson currently stands second on the all-time list in receiving yards per game behind Julio Jones at 86.1. He led the league in receiving twice and went to six Pro Bowls in his nine-year career. Despite an 88-catch, 1,214-yard season last year, he has repeatedly said hes not coming back to the league.He said he wants to be able to function after football and finish his degree at Georgia Tech. Many players are dealing with the post-football concerns, including the effects of concussions. Johnson was asked if hees had to deal with concussion issues. Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale. He said that even before the movie Concussion came out and elevated the discussion in popular culture, he was concerned about it.Concussions happen, he said. If not on every play, then they happen like every other, every third play, you know. With all the helmet contact, guys hitting the ground, heads hitting ground. Its simply when your brain touches your skull from the movement or the inertia, man. Its simple to get a concussion, you know. I dont know how many Ive had over my career, you know, but Ive definitely had my fair share. Johnson didnt come out and blame the league for knowingly putting players at risk, but he described a culture that demands that players play.The team doctor, the team trainers, they work for the team. And I love em, you know, he said. Theyre some good people, you know. They want to see you do good. But at the same time, they work for the team, you know. Theyre trying to do whatever they can to get you back on the field and make your team look good. So if its not gonna make the team look good, or if youre not gonna be on the field, then theyre tryin to do whatever they can to make that happen.Johnson went onto the field many times when injured, but he finally decided he didnt want to do that anymore. Still, he doesnt regret his career. And he said he will definitely miss it.I mean, whos not gonna miss it, you know? he said. Its ... youre playing the greatest game against some of the best athletes in the world. You know, and its a bone-crushing game, and you gotta love that about it, because it takes everybody to do their job right in order for you just to, just to sniff victory, you know? So, like I say, I love it, I loved it. I left it all out on the field, I feel like. And had a great time, made some great plays that I felt like my fans will remember. ' ' '