each for the Knights. 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall had nine p | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
jcy123 Apr 9 '19
CHICAGO -- Even in the midst of his own strong season left-handed starter Jon Lester is quick to stand up and cheer for fellow members of the Chicago Cubs rotation. Vapormax Online .After Kyle Hendricks tossed seven shutout innings in the Cubs 3-0 victory over the Pirates on Tuesday, Lester took to social media to praise the Cubs righty.Another gem turned in by Kyle Hendricks last night. Hoping the BBWAA (Baseball Writers Association of America) takes notice, Lester proclaimed on his Twitter feed.Hendricks (13-7, 2.09 ERA) is increasingly part of conversations for NL Cy Young Award consideration by baseball writers while reigning award winner Jake Arrieta of the Cubs (16-5, 2.84 ERA) is also having another impressive year.So why not Lester, too?The 32-year-old left-hander brings a 14-4 record and 2.70 ERA to his Friday start against the San Francisco Giants. Hell face right-hander Albert Suarez (3-2, 4.35 ERA) in a 1:20 p.m. match at Wrigley Field.Lester has a team-leading 21 quality starts in 26 appearances. He finished August with a 3-0 record and a 1.71 ERA for the month and is 3-1 with a 2.67 ERA in four career starts against San Francisco.Hes even contributed with the bat. As a pinch hitter in a July 31 walk off win over the Seattle Mariners, Lester delivered a squeeze bunt in the 12th inning that scored Javier Baez with the winning run.I was trying not to screw anything up and just get (the bunt) down and see what happened from there, Lester said.Lester, who has World Series wins with the Red Sox in 2007 and 2013, says hed rather pull for the entire staff rather than concentrate on individual accolades.I dont compete with my other pitchers, Lester said recently. I want them to do way better than me. I think the biggest thing, and the way Ive always felt, is you dont want to be kind of the loose link in the chain. You want to keep going, keep pressing along.The four-game series between the Giants and Cubs could serve as a preview to next months National League playoffs.While Chicago appears to be a virtual playoff lock, each one of the next three games in the series is critical for a Giants team that now has 11 losses in its last 17 games following Thursdays 5-4 loss to the Cubs.Its a case of us putting it all together, said Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. Theres no easy answer, but weve got to pitch well and get these bats going.The Giants, winners of World Series championships between 2010 and 2014, are just two games in back of the NL West-leading Dodgers and narrowly lead the NL wild card chase.San Francisco is scheduled to send left-hander Madison Bumgarner (13-8, 2.49 ERA) against Arrieta on Saturday. Johnny Cueto (14.5, 2.98 ERA) is scheduled for Sunday against a Cubs pitcher to be named, but could be John Lackey coming off the disabled list. Nike Vapormax Wholesale .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. Vapormax Cheap .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. http://www.vapormaxoutlet.com/ . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. CHARLESTON, S.C. -- B.J. Taylor had 21 points to lead UCF past College of Charleston and into the finals of the Charleston Classic with a 60-40 victory Friday night.The Knights (3-0) will play No. 3 Villanova on Sunday night and used some solid defense to do it. UCF held the Cougars (3-1) to 26.8 percent shooting overall (15 of 56) and 15.8 percent on 3-pointers (3 of 19).Things should be more of a challenge against Villanova, which defeated Wake Forest 96-77 earlier Friday to make the championship gamme. Cheap Vapormax China. att Williams and Tank Efianayi had 10 points each for the Knights. 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall had nine points and nine rebounds, playing just 21 minutes because of foul trouble.Not that UCF needed the games tallest player to get past Charleston, which made only six field goals in the second half.Jarrell Brantley and Grant Riller had 11 points each to lead Charleston. ' ' '