ast few months. Doesnt matter if its the first or last roun | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 9 '19
NEW YORK -- CC Sabathia preferred the way he finished off Wednesdays game to the way he started it. Teppo Numminen Jersey . And he was perfect for nearly his first five innings. The Yankees ace struck out nine and pitched his first complete game of the year to give his busy bullpen a rest and help New York finish off a sweep of the Indians with a 6-4 win over Cleveland. The Yankees top two relievers, closer Mariano Rivera and setup man David Robertson had each pitched an inning the last two nights, and the rest of the bullpen had seen a good amount of use, too, with five pitchers getting more than seven innings of work the last two days. "We really needed it," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "I didnt really want to use Mo, but I would have with two outs in the ninth." Sabathia made that unnecessary with a 1-2-3 ninth, his first clean inning since the fourth. Travis Hafner and Brett Gardner homered early for Sabathia, who didnt look as if he would need much help at all after retiring his first 14 batters. "Its just the way we would draw it up," Gardner said. "He looked real good. He had no-hit stuff." Sabathia said he didnt even notice he was perfect until he heard fans cheering in appreciation. He was happier to close out the game himself. "Im still trying to get a feel for the game," in the fifth, Sabathia said. "Probably (would have noticed in) another inning or two." New York swept the Indians in three games to finish a homestand that began with two losses to the Mets and a 1-2 series against Boston. The Indians were swept in their only visit to the Bronx last season, too. Hafner, who was Sabathias teammate in Cleveland when the Indians beat the Yankees in the 2007 AL division series, hit a two-run homer in the first inning off Corey Kluber (3-4), and Gardner added a three-run shot in the second following Chris Stewarts RBI single. It was enough for Sabathia, who threw three straight balls to leadoff hitter Michael Bourn, then looked dialed in. He struck out the side in the third, as well as the leadoff hitter in the fourth. Sabathia (6-4) did not allow a baserunner until Mike Aviles singled cleanly with two outs in the fifth inning, then he looked more pedestrian. "He was really spotting it up," Clevelands Nick Swisher said of his former New York teammate. "I mean, you go into the batters box and youre used to seeing 94-95 mph, and all of a sudden, youre seeing these back door breaking balls coming at you, just -- bam -- right on the corner." Cleveland put together a couple of runs in the sixth, on three straight singles capped by Jason Kipnis run-scoring hit off first baseman Mark Teixeiras glove. Nick Swisher added a second run when he reached on a fielders choice. Yan Gomes hit a two-run shot off Sabathia in the seventh inning to get the Indians within two runs. Kluber was rocked early, but gathered himself enough to make it through six innings with seven hits and a walk. He struck out eight, and only was charged with four earned runs because Bourn couldnt handle Robinson Canos sinking liner in centre before Hafners home run. He allowed three baserunners with seven strikeouts in his last 5 1-3 innings after Gardners homer. "I just left a few balls over the heart of the plate a little too much early on. The difference was, I didnt make those mistakes after that," Kluber said. "At that point, I was just trying to go deep in the game, continuing to get outs and just try to keep them there to give us a chance to come back and win." NOTES: Drug agents are investigating a narcotics delivery to the home of Indians closer Chris Perez, authorities said. No charges have been filed. GM Chris Antonetti says the team had talked with Perez and is gathering information. ... Girardi said he had not discussed MLBs drug-clinic investigation with 3B Alex Rodriguez. Yankees teammates said they would support Rodriguez if any derogatory information came to light. ... The Yankees improved to 14-4 against Cleveland at the new Yankee Stadium. The Indians beat them 10-2 in the new ballparks first game, in 2009. ... Phil Hughes (2-4) is expected to start for New York in Seattle on Thursday against RHP Aaron Harang (2-5). ... The Indians will go to Detroit and send Ubaldo Jimenez (4-3) up against Justin Verlander (7-4). Laurie Boschman Jersey . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. Custom Winnipeg Jets Jerseys .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. http://www.jetsauthentic.com/authentic-keith-tkachuk-jets-jersey/ . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. SINGAPORE -- While Angelique Kerber was winning her third straight match at the WTA Finals, she glanced courtside and noticed three famous spectators in the crowd -- Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova and Monica Seles.Kerber, ranked No. 1 in the world and a two-time Grand Slam champion, took it as a sign that she has really arrived.I just looked once over there, and all the great legends and champions, they are sitting there, Kerber said. Of course its a great feeling that Im on court and they are watching me. Now I can say I am one of those players that won Grand Slams and being the No. 1 player in the world.In a year that marks a full decade of Kerber playing on the tour, the Germans banner 2016 season has taken her to the top of the sport.Kerber beat then No. 1 Serena Williams in the Australian Open final for her first major title in January, and downed Karolina Pliskova at the U.S. Open last month for her second Grand Slam championship. In between, she reached the Wimbledon final, losing to Williams, and won an Olympic silver medal in Rio de Janeiro.To top it off, the 28-year-old Kerber became the oldest player to reach the No. 1 ranking for the first time following her U.S. Open triumph.The first special moment was in Australia when I won my first Grand Slam, said Kerber, recounting her magical season in Singapore. This feeling I will never forget. Also, with New York this was really special tournament for me in my career where everything starts in 2011 (she reached the 2011 semifinals). Olympics as well. I was always dreaming to win a medal.I had a lot of great mmoments this year, she added. Winnipeg Jets Jerseys. .Kerber ended the previous four seasons in the top 10. But 2016 delivered a more focused, determined and experienced competitor.I think for me its also good that Im in this age right now where I can really enjoy it, Kerber said. I had so many experiences from the last few years, and now Im just trying to enjoy, but still work hard.Agnieszka Radwanska finds inspiration in Kerbers incredible season.I think Angie showed everyone, all of us, that its possible, Radwanska said. You can beat Serena, also in a Grand Slam final. She definitely proved that everybody can be on the top.Kerber is showcasing her strengths at the WTA Finals, where she has won all three of her round-robin matches to reach the semifinals of the year-end tournament. In her three previous appearances at the finals, she had failed to advance past the round-robin stages.Its completely different feeling right now, Kerber said. Now I know how to go out there with all the pressures I have on my shoulders. I know how to play and how to focus on what Im doing on the court.It doesnt matter who Im playing or like what the score is or how the situation is, she added. I think I learned a lot in the last few months. Doesnt matter if its the first or last round, Im just going out there to play my game.--This story has been corrected to remove reference to Kerber being the fourth player in the Open era to reach three Grand Slam finals in a season. ' ' '