st the Wyoming.USC will host Nebraska-Omaha on Sunda | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
q123 Apr 11 '19
BALTIMORE -- Now that the Boston Red Sox have lost their grip on first place in the AL East after an enjoyable two-month run, they have two things to worry about: chasing Tampa Bay and fending off the pesky Baltimore Orioles. Ryan Kalil Jersey . Chris Tillman pitched seven innings of two-hit ball, Adam Jones homered twice and the Orioles defeated the Boston 6-0 Friday night to end a three-game skid. The loss dropped the Red Sox a half-game behind the Rays, who beat the Yankees 10-6. Boston, which has dropped six of nine, had been alone atop the division since May 27. "Its not the end of the ... world," right fielder Shane Victorino said. "We have a lot of talented guys in here," losing pitcher John Lackey said. "A lot of good track records. Well keep fighting." The best way for Boston to begin that battle is to find a way to beat the Orioles. The Red Sox are 2-6 against Baltimore, the only team in the division against whom they have a losing record. With the win, the third-place Orioles closed within three games of Boston. Tillman (13-3) tied a career high with eight strikeouts in becoming the Orioles first 13-game winner since Erik Bedard in 2007. "For the team, its special," Tillman said. "I think its a team achievement, Its not me. It wouldnt have happened if we werent swinging the bats the way we are; it wouldnt have happened if we werent playing defence the way we are. It goes to show where this team is now opposed to in the past. I think all the pieces are starting to come into place." In his past three starts against Boston, the right-hander is 3-0 with a 0.68 ERA. "Hes going out there and doing it," Jones said. "Thats what we ask of him. Hes got the talent. Hes got the stuff." Jones hit a two-run homer in the first and a solo shot in the fifth to help Baltimore bounce back from three successive losses in Kansas City. It was the third multihomer game of his career. Manny Machado and J.J. Hardy also homered for the Orioles, who tied a season high with four long balls and increased their major-league leading total to 141. "Thats our style of play," Jones said. "Tonight, it worked." Three of the homers came against Lackey (7-8), who yielded a season-high tying five runs in 6 1-3 innings. The right-hander came in with a 12-4 lifetime record against the Orioles and had allowed two runs or fewer in six of seven starts since June 15. Jacoby Ellsbury had half of Bostons four hits. The Red Sox got only one runner past second base in their eighth shutout loss of the year. Tillman began the game with a wild streak, giving up a single and a pair of two-out walks to load the bases in the first inning before striking out Daniel Nava on three pitches. In the bottom half, Nick Markakis singled and Jones hit an opposite-field drive to right that barely cleared the 25-foot scoreboard. Nate McLouth led off the third with a triple off the glove of Ellsbury in centre, and Machado followed with a single for a 3-0 lead. Baltimore missed a chance to add another run when Hardy was thrown out at the plate trying to score on a single by Brian Roberts. Victorino got his seventh assist on the play, high among Boston outfielders. But Jones hit another opposite-field homer in the fifth, giving him 22 for the season. Machado chased Lackey with a drive to left field in the seventh. Baltimores first home game since the All-Star break drew a crowd of 39,063. NOTES: Baltimore has homered in 11 straight games against Boston. ... Ryan Dempster takes the mound for the Red Sox on Saturday night, looking to improve his career 1.73 ERA against the Orioles. Scott Feldman will pitch for Baltimore. ... Dressing in the home clubhouse at Camden Yards for the first time, RHP Francisco Rodriguez said of the trade that sent him from Milwaukee last week: "I was surprised ... but I got excited because I knew I had a chance to be in the post-season." ... Nava has reached base in a career-high 21 straight games. ... Baltimores Chris Davis singled in the first inning to snap a 0-for-10 skid, and Ellsbury ended a 0-for-12 drought with a fifth-inning double. DJ Moore Jersey . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. Cam Newton Jersey . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.officialcarolinapantherspro.com/ . Colin Wilson had two goals and an assist, and Mike Fisher scored a goal and helped set up two others in the Predators 6-4 victory over the Red Wings on Monday night. LOS ANGELES -- Elijah Stewart scored a career-high 30 points, Shaqquan Aaron added a career-high 17, and Southern California beat Montana 75-61 in the season opener for both teams Friday night.The Trojans trailed by double digits in the first half but rallied to win its seventh home opener in the last eight years.We were terrible early and had a lot of turnovers, said Trojans coach Andy Enfield. We missed some easy shots and I think there was some nerves and anxiousness without Benny (Boatwright, starting forward out with an injury). But we kept playing and settled down.Stewart and Shaqquan combined for 12-of-22 shooting, 17 of 20 free throws and 14 rebounds and sparked the 17-4 run that gave USC the lead for good at 20-18.I really didnt take that many shots, I hit my free throws, said Stewart who took 12 shots. Ive learned that the good shooters get to the free-throw line about 10 times a game. Coming into the season, I wanted to work on my free-throw efficiency. Stewart made 14 of 16 from the foul line.Aaron, who sat out last season after transferring from Louisville, was pleased to get back on the hardwood again.I was thinking about it before the game and Its been a long time, its been two years, since Ive been on the court, Aaron said. To be honest, there was some nerves, but it was fun to get back out there. We didnt panic early. Its a long game and we didnt get mad. When you get mad, you lose. We fixed it.USC shot 41.2 percent and outrebounded the Grizzlies 39-32. Montana shot 38.6 percent for the game.Ahmaad Rorie, a redshirt sophomore and Oregon transfer, scored 21 points, including five 3-pointers for the Grizzlies. Fabijan Krslovic added 10 points for Montana.Chimezie Metu added 14 points and seven rebounds for the Trojanss. Curtis Samuel Jersey. They had a lot of energy and they rebounded well, said Montana coach Travis DeCuire. We didnt execute and we had too many turnovers and that was the difference.The Grizzlies committed 16 turnovers in the game.USC freshman DeAnthony Melton led the Trojans with eight rebounds.BIG PICTUREMontana: The Grizzlies (20-13 last season) have posted back-to-back 20-win seasons but lost in the final of the Big Sky Tournament and played in the 2016 CBI post-season tournament. Montana last qualified for the NCAA Tournament in 2013.USC: After finishing the 2015-16 with a 21-13 record and qualifying for its first NCAA Tournament since 2011, the Trojans have high expectations for this season.HIGHLIGHT REELFollowing a Grizzlies turnover, Jordan McLaughlin lofted an ally oop pass to 6-11 Chimezie Metu for a thundering dunk that gave USC a 29-21 lead at the 3:30 mark of the first half.INJURIESUSC sophomore power forward Bennie Boatwright, who started 32 games last season and averaged 11.5 points and 5.2 rebounds, did not play due to upper back spasms. His availability is listed day to day. Im not sure when Benny will be back, said Enfield. I dont want to rush him. If it was a PAC 12 championship game he would have played, but I dont want to rush him and get him reinjured. We have a long road to go.UP NEXTMontana plays its home opener on Monday against the Wyoming.USC will host Nebraska-Omaha on Sunday. The Mavericks won 18 games last year, return four starters and played in the CBI post-season tournament last season. UNO opens its season with a road game against Big West opponent UC Santa Barbara on Saturday. ' ' '