Miley makes his fourth start since being traded from Seattle - | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
wzh123 Apr 12 '19
BERNE, Switzerland -- Forget thoughts of Adam Yates settling for what he has already achieved in this Tour de France: hes ready to attack Chris Froomes overall lead. Robert Williams Jersey .Yates (Orica-BikeExchange) has shown throughout the Tours 16 stages that he is more than capable of mixing it with the worlds best, having worked his way into third place overall and holding the white jacket of best young rider.Froome leads the Tour by one minute 47 seconds to Dutchman Bauke Mollema (Trek-Segafredo) with Yates two minutes 45 seconds behind his compatriot. However, the Bury cyclist is ready to attack Froome in the Alps.Nobody is fresh. Nobody is feeling good. But you just have to push past it. And if I do have good legs then I will try something, said Yates, who began the Tour with winning a stage as one of his goals.Asked if he would attack Froome, Yates said: Why not? He is looking pretty strong and he has shown it for the whole race so far. I cant really see him having a bad day, because he is going that well.He seems to be much stronger than everyone else. If he does have a moment of weakness, then why cant you try something ... why wouldnt try something?Yates was then asked what he thought about Froomes earlier remark that, while he really admired Yates performance so far, he did not think his countryman would attack him.Froome said of Yates: He has a really aggressive race so far. Hes coping well. Is he a threat for the overall? I wouldnt look at him in the same light as Quintana. I wouldnt expect him to put me under pressure and attack in a big mountain stage. But he is holding his spot, which is extremely impressive for a rider his age.When asked about Froomes belief that Yates would not attack him, Yates replied: He wouldnt? ... Oh, well see what happens.As for whether being underestimated by Froome could be used to his advantage?Nothing is really going to change, Yates said. Sky is still going to be on the front at a super strong, super-fast tempo. People are still going to attack him. It is just whether Im feeling good and I can try something. But in terms of actual tactics, nothings really changed.However, Yates understood why Froome would consider Quintana before him as a threat. The Colombian has finished second to Froome in the two Tours he has won -- in 2013 and 2015 -- after making a late charge that ultimately came too late into the race. Quintana also became the first Colombian to win the Giro dItalia in 2014.Its my first time riding with the GC [general classification] boys, said Yates, who made his Tour debut last year for the experience. Im the underdog, Quintana has won [a] grand tour ... They should be attacking. [Australian Richie] Porte (BMC) has ridden high. Im just doing my best.The Tour resumes on Wednesday for the first of four days in the mountain range, the 184.5km from Berne to Finhaut-Emosson in Switzerland that has a summit finish.Thursdays 18th stage pits the riders over a 17km mountain time trial from Sallanches to Megève. Then on Friday, stage 19 is 146km from Albertville to Saint Gervais Mont Blanc.The last day in the Alps is Saturdays 146.5km 20th stage from Megève to Morzine. The Tour finishes on Sunday with a flat 113km stage from Chantilly to the Champs élysées in Paris. Kevin Mchale Jersey . Now, with Game 6 set for Fenway Park and an 8:07 p.m. ET first pitch, the Detroit Tigers face the unenviable task of having to beat the Boston Red Sox twice, on the road, to advance to the World Series. Danny Ainge Jersey . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. http://www.shopceltics.com/Cheap-Bill-Russell-Celtics-Jersey/ . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. A look at whats happening all around the majors Friday:---STREAKINGJayson Werth has reached base safely in 46 straight games, tying the Nationals/Expos franchise mark set by Rusty Staub for Montreal spanning the 1969-70 seasons. Werth hit an RBI double Thursday night at Atlanta to extend the string and can set the team record vs. the Braves.REMEMBER ME?Red Sox ace Rick Porcello faces his former team when Boston takes on the Tigers at Comerica Park. Porcello pitched for Detroit from 2009-14 and is 16-3 with a 3.30 ERA this season. Rookie Michael Fulmer (10-3) starts against him.ON THE ROADWinners in 18 of their last 21 games and owners of the best record in the majors, the Chicago Cubs are set to spend some time away from Wrigley Field. They open a nine-game trip in Colorado, where Kyle Hendricks (11-7, 2. Jaylen Brown Jersey. 9) starts vs. the Rockies at Coors Field. Chicago plays 18 of its next 25 on the road.SLIDERSAstros righty Collin McHugh and Orioles lefty Wade Miley are both overdue for a victory going into a matchup of playoff contenders at Camden Yards. McHugh is 0-4 with a 7.65 ERA in his last four starts. Miley makes his fourth start since being traded from Seattle -- hes 0-2 with a 7.04 ERA with the Orioles.TRY AGAINJames Shields has a 20.25 ERA in his last three starts for the White Sox. Hell try to reverse that slide when he pitches at home against Oakland. Shields is 5-14 overall this season -- hes 3-7 with a 7.34 ERA since Chicago got him in a trade with the Padres. ' ' '