Referee to take the easy way out by calling a minor penalty | Forum

Position des Themas: Forum-Startseite » User Foren » Allgemeine Fragen
Mitglied
corse178 Jan 22 '18
CHARLOTTE, N. Cheap Nigeria Soccer Jerseys .C. -- Erik Jones was the top seed at the start of the inaugural Chase in the Xfinity Series, but a wreck with 10 laps remaining in the opening race has dropped him to ninth in the standings.Now the Joe Gibbs Racing driver will try to recover at Dover International Speedway, where he won earlier this year.Jones went into the Chase opener with a series-best four victories and was considered the overwhelming favorite to win the title. Now hes outside the cutoff to advance to the next round.He started from the pole last week at Kentucky Speedway and led 100 laps before the crash that he blamed on himself.Last week I made a mistake laying it all out on the line for a win, but we definitely had the speed and thats encouraging heading in to this weekend, Jones said.Jones lost control of his No. 20 Toyota as he raced three-wide with teammate Daniel Suarez and Ty Dillon. He admitted he was playing defense on restarts and trying to preserve a win that would have advanced him into the second round of the Chase. Instead, Elliott Sadler won the race and Jones is now looking for a win in one of the next two races.Jones has made two starts at Dover, has one win, two top-10 finishes and an average finish of fifth.At this point, well need to focus a little more on points racing and go to Dover with that mindset and try to go out and get a solid finish, Jones said. I think we can get a top-five finish the next two weeks and hopefully that will put us in a good position to move on to the next round and keep us in contention for the championship---JUNIOR-DOVERDale Earnhardt Jr. will return to the race track this weekend, albeit as a spectator, to support his Hendrick Motorsports team at Dover International Raceway.Earnhardt is out for the season because of a concussion suffered in June. He said on the weekly Dale Jr. Download podcast that he will watch the Xfinity and Sprint Cup races from the pit box Saturday and Sunday.Jeff Gordon will be driving the No. 88 Chevrolet in Earnhardts absence.Its going to be different and tough and maybe not a ton of fun, he said. Its a bit weird to not be in the car but at the track. When youre a driver, you dont know what to do with yourself. Ill try to support the guys and learn a thing or two. Excited to see how Jeff does, he usually runs great at Dover. Its going to be different. Well see how it goes.Earnhardt attended news conferences at Watkins Glen International and Darlington Raceway in August, but did not stay for either race.Earnhardt also gave an update on his health during the podcast, and said his symptoms mostly only flare during stimulating situations. Hes tried exposing himself to more situations, and recently attended a concert in Milwaukee with country music artist Tim Dugger.That was interesting, he said. We were in a field, and I was four people back from the stage, and no one recognized me. We stood there for the whole concert, got lots of visual stimulation. It was a good experience. Were going to track to get the same exposure. Its getting better.---REED-TALLADEGARyan Reed will attempt to make his Sprint Cup debut next month at Talladega Superspeedway driving for Roush Fenway Racing.Reed will try to put the No. 99 Lilly Diabetes/American Diabetes Association Ford in the field. Reed is currently fourth in the Xfinity Series standings.He will try to become the 19th driver to start a Sprint Cup race for Roush Fenway, and the No. 99 was in the Roush lineup from 1996 through 2014. It was driven by Jeff Burton and Carl Edwards, who combined for 40 wins and led more than 9,500 laps in the Sprint Cup Series. Nigeria World Cup Jerseys . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Cheap Football Nigeria Jerseys . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. http://www.cheapnigeriajerseys.com/ . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hey Kerry, love the column. My question concerns the penalty shot by Michael Frolik in Game 6 in Detroit. With the refs letting so many calls go in the playoffs, was this really a penalty shot situation? Sure, Frolik had a step on Carlo Colaiacovo and yes he tapped him on the glove with his stick, but was this truly a clear-cut breakaway and an infraction which caused him to lose control of the puck? A slashing penalty? Sure, but a penalty shot seemed a little excessive to me. What are your thoughts? Thanks,Bruce Kahanyshyn Bruce: I appreciate the confusion you feel on how a penalty shot could be awarded to Michael Frolik given certain inconsistencies of refs calls that have occurred in the playoffs. The fact of the matter is that on this play the Referee absolutely made the correct call when he pointed to center ice and awarded the penalty shot. Ill explain why but also expose a glaring inconsistency that resulted on a similar call in Game 4 of this same series between the Hawks and Red Wings when just a minor penalty was assessed. Rule 24.8 and 57.3 reference conditions under which a penalty shot is to be assessed. The intention of this rule is to restore a reasonable scoring opportunity which has been lost. When a player, in the neutral zone or attacking zone, in control of the puck (or who could have obtained possession and control of the puck) and having no other player to pass than the goalkeeper, is tripped or otherwise fouled from behind, thus preventing a reasonable scoring opportunity, a penalty shot shall be awarded to the non-offending team. Bruce, it is very important that you understand the four specific conditions that must be met in order for the Referee to award a penalty shot for a player being fouled from behind. They are: i)  The infraction must have taken place in the neutral zone or attacking zone (i.e. over the puck carriers own blue line); ii) The infraction must have been committed from behind; iii) The player in possession and control (or, in the judgment of the Referee, clearly would have obtained possession and control of the puck) must have been denied a reasonable chance to score (the fact that he got a shot off does not automatically eliminate this play from the penalty shot consideration criteria. If the foul was from behind and he was denied a "more" reasonable scoring opportunity due to the foul, then the penalty shot should be awarded); iv)  The player in possession and control (or, in the judgment of the Referee, clearly would have obtained possession and control of the puck) must have had no opposing player between himself and the goalkeeper. All of these conditions applied when Carlo Colaiacovo slashed at the hands of Michael Frolik. While the slash might not have appeared to be powerfull or forceful, Colaiacovo none the less drew his two hands together and the resulting slash from behind caused a loss of puck possession and therefore a loss of a more than reasonable scoring opportunity. Nigeria Jerseys From China. The Referee made the correct assessment on this play. Now I will attempt to address your legitimate confusion, Bruce. In Game 4 with 4:45 remaining in regulation time and Detroit leading by a score of 1-0, Brandon Saad was in all alone on Jimmy Howard. Saad attempted a move with the puck from close in when Jakub Kindl reached from well behind with his stick and fork-hooked the hands of the Chicago attacker. The foul from behind caused Saad to lose possession of the puck and a reasonable scoring opportunity was denied. While this play was another textbook example of a penalty shot, the Referee instead chose to assess a minor penalty to Kindl for hooking. The call prompted my good friend Kelly Hrudey to comment, "Dont look to center — thats not going to be a penalty shot at that point" (in the game). While Kellys analysis was predictably accurate (at least in this case) the Referees must eliminate any reluctance to assess a penalty shot when the four conditions have been met, regardless of the score or the time in the game. When a reasonable scoring opportunity has been denied it must be restored as the rule suggests. It is not acceptable for a Referee to take the easy way out by calling a minor penalty when an obvious foul from behind has been committed against a player on a breakaway. Its not a tough call to make; its the right call! On February 11, 1982 I called two penalty shots against the Detroit Red Wings in that very same Joe Louis Arena. The Vancouver Canucks, coached by Harry Neale were down 4-2 to Wayne Maxners Wings midway through the third period. Detroit defenceman Jim Schoenfeld grabbed the puck with his hand in the crease. Thomas Gradin scored to make it 4-3 on the penalty shot. With just over 30 seconds to play in regulation and the Canucks net empty, Stan Smyl picked up a loose puck at the Vancouver blue line and raced in on a breakaway. Detroit defenceman Reed Larson chased Stanley Steamer from behind and chopped the Canuck down just as he was about to release a shot on Gilles Gilbert. With 30 seconds on the clock and the Wings up by one goal I once again point to center ice and signaled a penalty shot. Smyl was injured as a result of the chop so Neale selected Ivan Hlinka to take the shot. Neale told me later his instructions to Hlinka were very clear: "If you dont score on this penalty shot, just keep skating right out the end of the rink, all the way back to Czechoslovakia!" Needless to say Hlinka scored, the game ended in a tie (no overtime back then) and the beer cups rained down on me! (Excerpted from The Final Call) While calling a minor penalty would have been the "easier" path for me to take it would not have been the right one! Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '